Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Menamino posted:

The Pats are incredibly beatable in their current form against any team with a good qb and good defense. The Giants last week had the qb but their defense is poo poo, and the Bills have the defense but Tyrod isn't there yet.

I look at the afc though and do any teams have both of those things? Cincy maybe? But to beat the Pats in the playoffs they'd have to win a game with more than 12 people watching. I can't think of anyone else who stops the Pats from reaching the superbowl.

You guys who aren't on Team Eli to get back out of the nfc and stop the inevitable are just wrong at this point.

Well, for this game most of the oline was rushed back from injury but they hopefully get fully healthy and sorted until next Sunday, Edelman is probably back for the playoffs and who knows what the deal is with Amendola. Add Collins to the mix and the Patriots look much better. Not to mention the fact that Rex always plays them close and Buffalo, on paper, has the ideal setup to beat New England, outside of being a team that's just better on offense and defense.

Oh and the secondary doesn't look nearly as putrid as I thought before the season with Buttler being a decent corner and Ryan not getting burned on every play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
pats will promote Fauria and run four TE sets

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

I have no idea. :iiam:

Well, who would you take as your starting cornerback duo in the year of our lord 2015, Brandon Browner and Darrell Revis or Malcom Butler and Logan Ryan?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Browner is garbage and Revis is concussed so god help me give me Logan Ryan.

Not to mention the fact that Browner and Revis take up ~14.4% cap space compared to ~0.6% for Ryan and Butler.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

The bills defense was scary all game. Brady threw to the dirt more often than a player because there was no pocket ever. Pats oline couldn't even hold off 3 man rushes most of the time. Whatever problems the oline have need to get loving sorted real quick. With most of the offensive weapons being injured having no time to make throws is not going to help at all.

2/5 of the oline were rushed back from injury because we are literally out of tackles otherwise. Usually Bill gives players one more week to come back from injury. Oh and Buffalo has not the worst front 7 on defense either.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

I think they played 3 guys who had been out the week before in this game at various points and they all looked rusty.

Only Cannon and Vollmer were out and came back but Vollmer didn't even start the game. They replaced Andrews and Kline during the game with Vollmer and Stork tough and it was Stork's 2nd game back and first at center.

But I have faith in the coaches to fix the line unless they proof that they are unable to do so.

In other news: Boston sports radio is discussing whether Gronk's girlfriend (didn't know he had one until now) is to blame for his dropped passes.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

fsif posted:

Sports Science took on the inadvertent whistle: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-night-football

Verdict: wouldn't have been a touchdown.

Well the DB could have missed the initial tackle and then Amendola would have been gone, the 1mph difference might be enough to catch him if both were starting from a equal position, but after the potentially missed tackle all bets are off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

NC-17 posted:

What Chandler did would constitute a simulated substitution which per the rules means the defense should be allowed time to adjust.

Depends on what constitutes a "simulated substitution" e.g. is it enough that Chandler was on the field and left before reaching the area that would be enough for a real substitution or is it meant to cover Chandler going inside the numbers (the area where the substitution counts) and leaving it again, thereby simulating a substitution.

• Locked thread