Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The AFCS is the Star Trek Nemesis of divisons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Generations had the lifeforms song, Generations is better than Nemesis

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Anime guy acting all haughty about Star Trek

We got ourselves a good old fashioned nerd war brewing boys.

Get a couple of GoT people in here and we got a battle of five armies deal going on

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I haven't watched anime in a long time, I just like how mad it makes people.

gently caress just one horse

Ross Angeles posted:

who's your favorite pokemon

I have literally never played a Pokemon game and I know thats crazy ironic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wrong video

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Why play Pokemon when there is Shin Megami Tensei

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

"Oh boy, I caught a shiny Ponyta"

"I had Thor punch the literal christian Yahweh to death because Satan asked me to"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Ah I see you're a Persona fan. I bet I know who your "waifu' is too. You are a...Naoto fan!

Come on dog we all know it's chie

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JT Jag posted:

You know how teams completely fall apart when they lose to the Jaguars?

This thread is basically the equivalent, it's what happens when the entire country is forced to watch a Jaguars win.

Pretty much

What do people expect of a post-Jags/Titans Aftermath thread?

It was this or suicide club

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ok change of pace what do you guys think of the National Book Award Winners

Ta-Nehisi Coates is a generational talent and the reputation of the award itself is entirely dependent on giving it to him, so no surprise there. I continue to struggle with Adam Johnson. The Orphan Master's son was good but I do not think it was necessarily Pulitzer Prize good and Fortune Smiles I do not think holds up as well against the other books that were in competition.

Discuss.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

whatever nerd

I am not joking I will buy you some dumbbells if you promise to use them your arms are tragic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

TubeStank posted:

Who won the poetry awards I like to read poetry

Robin Coste Lewis but I know gently caress all about poetry

I have been reading Countee Cullen recently though and he is really good imho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

my arms are fine

I want to get you jakked bro

Come get jakked with me

this is me irl

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

TubeStank posted:

Cullen owns. Lots of good Harlem Renaissance poets.

Larry Levis is real good if you like boozy Midwestern poets.

No idea who Robin Lewis is.

Thoughts on Ben Lerner?

I have only read his fiction and have deeply mixed feelings. I wonder if his poetry is any better.

JT Jag posted:

Look at this fatass, he's just a previous World's Strongest Man winner who can drag a semi behind him

Acting like Mariusz Pudzianowski aint a thing

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alaois posted:

I like Stephen Crane

All fiction written before WWI is trash

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

computer parts posted:

What about during WW1

I have to know if my Tolkien is legitimate.

Tolkein is very legitimate if you are 13

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

I have to buy his new book. Tell me, Mel. Is it very good?

Who is his?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Coates. I guess I should have been more specific

Required reading for human race

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

axeil posted:

We're not making the playoffs and neither are you. Does it matter that we have a slightly better record? We've looked like poo poo all season after we hyped ourselves into thinking we were a strong playoff contender.

As a team thats never won a super bowl I dont have #ringprivlidge so I can be mad at my team without incurring the wrath of TFF thank you very much.

call the ocean this guy stole its salt

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

axeil posted:

Mel I thought we were friends :smith:

my only loyalty is to sick burns

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving you worthless mother fuckers

Jk love u all
Specially chiche

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Even the motherfucker who just peed on me.

You said you wanted to try something new!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Joe Bucks looks like he shaved his pubic hair and glued it to his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That was supposed to go in the GDT but it's also appropriate for this thread

• Locked thread