Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

The good news is neither should consider loving around with their QB's for another two years, so for god's sake, draft some loving talent you guys.

I didn't even notice, but drat, Bort has thrown a lot of TDs this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

"whoever wins the afc south"

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

Hate losing to the Packers.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Azhais posted:

♪ There are more records to chase ♪

chasing Favre's int record isn't a thing that should be done but who are we to let him not entertain us trying

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Minnesota's o-line injuries are really hampering the passing game. Teddy has yet to even break 10 passing TDs (the only qb who hasn't missed a start to do that), is 4th in the league with 30 sacks, and the passing game is just completely out of sync. Peterson is leading the league with 1006 yards rushing, but we're starting to see more stacked boxes that our passing game can't over come.

All of those penalties yesterday were infuriating, stupid calls. For a team that's been as well disciplined as the Vikings have been this year, it was alarming. Something about playing the Packers always brings out the worst in this squad, especially ever since we swept them with Favre in 09.

Wallace is wasted on this offensive scheme, because we can't hit him deep when he gets separation anyway; he isn't a good fit. This team can still make the playoffs, but I can't see them getting very far if they get in.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

:allears: back when everyone hated Saints fans and Seahawks fans were all just lovable scamps

Probably gonna take another 15 years before I get over the NFCCG, tbh

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

falcons are bad frauds

:agreed:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

trigger warning please!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Jesus gently caress, Minnesotans are such fickle fans. I was pissed watching the game against the Packers, and admittedly turned it off at the AP fumble, but the response (not here in TFF) has been extreme. Terrance Newman was right that people are acting like it was ten losses, not one. Losing to the Packers sucks, but the Vikings are still likely a playoff team. Considering that most pre-season predictions couldn't bother to acknowledge an NFC North team not located in Wisconsin (except to discuss that an easy divisional schedule would probably give the Packers home field advantage throughout the playoffs), 7-3 and firmly in the wildcard spot is pretty drat good.

A local news teaser for an upcoming segment on the 5-6 Gophers said that hopefully the Gophers can do better than "another team that plays at TCF". Everyone around here is so excited to be the first one to yell "SAME OLD VIKINGS" after the second time in ten games that they have looked really out of sync.

I hate losing to the Packers, but it's always so black and white with these loving fans. It wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't so predictable. The local bandwagon will fill up again if the team makes the playoffs. Then, when they don't win the superb owl, people will bitch about the most inane poo poo and act like we're going into next season with Ponder at QB, a defense full of retirees and underperformers, and a coach that emotes only slightly more than Jim Caldwell. poo poo's getting better, but it takes time.

It's gonna fill right back up this weekend because the Falcons are not good. These Vikings teams since 2010 just seem to have this weird mental block and keep making GBS threads the bed against Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers just absolutely owns them.

It's just like the Twins and the Yankees the last few years with all those one and dones.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Aaron Rodgers owns the entire NFC North

Also, if we lose this game on a Blair Walsh missed FG I will be biting down on the cyanide capsule that I always keep in my cheek to avoid the wave of Gary Anderson jokes.

That's what makes it so hard to have blind rival rage against Rodgers. He is so goddamn good against the NFCN and constantly clowns the division, that I have to respect him. He's just so good at the mental aspect of football. Not to mention being good at quarterbacking.

I'll keep saying it all season long, but in 2016, Blair needs competition in camp. He has sucked total poo poo since he got paid, and once he gets a single miss, he is off the rest of the game. The common argument I hear is he is a dome kicker, and to wait for next year, but he's missing PATs and gimme FGs. Something isn't all there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Joe Bucks looks like he shaved his pubic hair and glued it to his face

Yep

• Locked thread