Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Antti posted:

I've listened to the first three episodes of this and I like it. It's wonkish enough that I learn new things, but not so wonkish that I have no idea what they're talking about. The American health and welfare system continues to be entertainingly horrific. "People in a certain income bracket are about to get a 30 percent increase in their premiums!" "I've got it! We'll make them loan the difference from the welfare fund and pay it back in smaller chunks over time instead of actually fixing the issue! :pseudo:"

Healthcare politics is really amazing because it demonstrates how well provides are getting their message out.

At no point in time does anyone seriously talk about or come up with a plan curbing the ~10% Year over Year rise in medical costs. We just argue over how to pay for it. The idea that providers might take in less money next year than this year is Social Security levels of Third Rail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread