Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

a kitten posted:

I'm in a weird spot where i can't decide if i should re-read dddddd(etc) from the beginning, or just give up on it entirely.

Well if it's any consolation, I think the translation group patched over whatever missing chapters it was missing, so it's all good now.

New flying witch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That was extra cute, even for Flying Witch.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

a kitten posted:

That was extra cute, even for Flying Witch.

It kind of reminds me of Totoro, like the overall shape of the bunny thing and its cute lil' expressions.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Demons D-D-D-D-D-&tc.

As much as I enjoy this slow-moving disaster epic (and all those cute, chubby cheeks!) I wish he'd hurry up and deliver some of the apocalyptic/alien invasion stuff that he's been alluding to all this time. Some actual things happening rather than "OOooh it's COMING! The END is NEAR!!" every single chapter.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I kinda dig it, it reminds me of manufactured political crises in real life

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

As much as I enjoy this slow-moving disaster epic (and all those cute, chubby cheeks!) I wish he'd hurry up and deliver some of the apocalyptic/alien invasion stuff that he's been alluding to all this time. Some actual things happening rather than "OOooh it's COMING! The END is NEAR!!" every single chapter.

There's a new chapter out. Just remember, you asked for this, you monster!!!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
So basically probably the aliens thought Earth would be a nice place to live but found it already inhabited by psychotic bloodthirsty apes?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

There's a new chapter out. Just remember, you asked for this, you monster!!!

*cues low-pitched Hans Zimmer horn blare*

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

She is a Rokurokubi

I say that the expanding neck facefault gag will never not be cute. :kimchi:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I've been collecting a couple that I'm reasonably sure should go in this thread. If not, well... Pages behind links for size considerations.

*Near Equal
-Page 1
-Page 2

Girl travels to an alternate dimension to hang out with her other self, who is male.

*Warrate! Sotomura-san! | Smile! Sotomura-san!
-Page

Girl who wants friends is misunderstood as a delinquent because she's socially awkward.

*Yandere Kanojo
-Page

Delinquent girl and nerdy boy fall in love at first sight, but want to keep it a secret.

*Takahashi-san ga kiite iru. | Takahashi-san is listening.
-Page 1
-Page 2

Idol pretends to listen to music so she can spy on two classmates' conversations, frequently getting too into it.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Antitonic posted:

I've been collecting a couple that I'm reasonably sure should go in this thread. If not, well...

Pages behind links for size considerations.

*Near Equal
-Page 1
-Page 2

Girl travels to an alternate dimension to hang out with her other self, who is male.

*Warrate! Sotomura-san! | Smile! Sotomura-san!
-Page

Girl who wants friends is misunderstood as a delinquent because she's socially awkward.

*Yandere Kanojo
-Page

Delinquent girl and nerdy boy fall in love at first sight, but want to keep it a secret.

*Takahashi-san ga kiite iru. | Takahashi-san is listening.
-Page 1
-Page 2

Idol pretends to listen to music so she can spy on two classmates' conversations, frequently getting too into it.

These seem like good recs. Be more confident!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Antitonic posted:

I've been collecting a couple that I'm reasonably sure should go in this thread. If not, well...

Pages behind links for size considerations.

*Near Equal

-

This is a pro rec, dude. Well done! :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Antitonic posted:

*Yandere Kanojo
-Page

Have you posted this in the Sukeban thread? It's a good fit for that one too.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 23, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
KURO.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I'm guessing....dream sequence, for Kuro. Because seriously what the gently caress?

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
Been ages since I posted here but has anyone read the manga Tonnura San? It has a talking cat with the weirdest look on his face that never changes. In chapter 6, he uses his paw print to accept a package. The awkward looks on everyone's face is priceless. I haven't laughed this much in a while.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paperweight posted:

Been ages since I posted here but has anyone read the manga Tonnura San? It has a talking cat with the weirdest look on his face that never changes. In chapter 6, he uses his paw print to accept a package. The awkward looks on everyone's face is priceless. I haven't laughed this much in a while.

Tonnura is great when it isn't being super creepy.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Link

I'm echoing Nate RFB here, except I don't think it's a dream sequence. It feels like it's about time she finally woke up to the fact!

Paperweight posted:

The stoic cat is like the only good point in a manga filled with extremely creepy fanservice.

Links!

My Pet Demon King
Dead Dead DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :tviv:
Takeo-Chan's Monster House I-It's become a battle manga??

I want to talk about Demi-Chan -- a kindhearted teacher discovers that some of the girls at his school are monsters. It's a daily lives of monster girls kind of manga, but rather cute and heartwarming instead of your typical sleazy fanservice. I like it. :shobon:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 29, 2016

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Link

I'm echoing Nate RFB here, except I don't think it's a dream sequence. It feels like it's about time she finally woke up to the fact!

It's pretty obviously not happening: The dust in front of the door is undisturbed in the run up to it previously, until Kuro crosses it. After that, it's only disturbed by his footsteps until the little girls cross and enter the door. In the room, they find the dolls and everything is empty and covered in dust. Coco is a step or so behind them; when she goes to enter, there are still only two sets of human footprints. When we see everyone inside the room, it's cleaned up, and even discounting that we get to see the hall from the doorway, and the floor is distinctly also clean and free of dust.

This is very clearly something that's not actually happening, or at least not literally, and it's likely whatever is going on Kuro just saved her from it, again, by killing those things.

Unless you're trying to say it's an illusion as opposed to a dream sequence, in which case, disregard.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

I want to talk about Demi-Chan -- a kindhearted teacher discovers that some of the girls at his school are monsters. It's a daily lives of monster girls kind of manga, but rather cute and heartwarming instead of your typical sleazy fanservice. I like it. :shobon:

its great

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

Thanks for sharing this one!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kuro is a good kitty and I believe in him.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Fellis posted:

Thanks for sharing this one!

I really like the dullahan who likes to have her head hugged. :kimchi:

EDIT: ... although I do wonder if her arms don't get tired from having to hold it all the time? An average human head is a good few kilos, and doesn't really have handles. You try holding a 5 kg ball all day long -- that wouldn't be easy!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

I really like the dullahan who likes to have her head hugged. :kimchi:

EDIT: ... although I do wonder if her arms don't get tired from having to hold it all the time? An average human head is a good few kilos, and doesn't really have handles. You try holding a 5 kg ball all day long -- that wouldn't be easy!

She looks pretty built actually so the author may have thought of that? Dullahan is my favorite too, i like when her head sleeps off to the side and when she can't sleep her body gets up and lies next to the head with the cell phone

Also major props to this comic for being non-creepy and the conversation being interesting and realistic imo for adults speaking to children/dealing with kid problems in an educational setting

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Fellis posted:

She looks pretty built actually so the author may have thought of that? Dullahan is my favorite too, i like when her head sleeps off to the side and when she can't sleep her body gets up and lies next to the head with the cell phone

Also major props to this comic for being non-creepy and the conversation being interesting and realistic imo for adults speaking to children/dealing with kid problems in an educational setting
Goddamn that was adorable, and yeah, they did a really good job at not only being not creepy at all, but not even bringing that up in the slightest. It made it feel more natural than the usual "the only reason I'm not boning my students is because I'd get in trouble" shpiel.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it helps that it feels like a combination of admiration/the type of love between a father and daughter then something more physical.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The first volume of Nichijou published by Vertical was released today. Happy times

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

El Burbo posted:

The first volume of Nichijou published by Vertical was released today. Happy times

Delivered: Your Amazon package with Nichijou, 1 was delivered. More info at http://a.co/frB

I'm excited.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

I think it helps that it feels like a combination of admiration/the type of love between a father and daughter then something more physical.

I like that the teacher dude has an actual, legitimate scientific interest in demihumans. Like "These beings are fascinating!" It puts a bit of an adult distance between him and them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I like that the teacher dude has an actual, legitimate scientific interest in demihumans. Like "These beings are fascinating!" It puts a bit of an adult distance between him and them.

It is rude to call them "beings"!

I also like that for something of a change of pace, he's not a new teacher. He's had his job for a few years already, so there's not really any of the learning how to be a role model stuff to go through.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I'm rooting for Satou-sensei

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man Nichijou starts out pretty differently, spoilers sorta kinda Nano is in school from the get-go and the rest of the cast knows she's a robot, but she doesn't know they know.

It's good though!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Does Nicjihou still work without random bursts of sakuga? That and the comedic timing made that show what it was.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Not 100% sure if this counts, but...

Shisunki Bitter Change:

Premise is, elementry school boy and girl swap bodies after the boy falls out of a tree onto the girl. Wait don't leave there's more.

What makes it interesting is the fact that they try to swap back, but... They can't. They end up having to (as of the start of the very first page) live as their new selves for going on 3 years, in a part of growing up which is... Difficult for a lot of people, even when that's not something you have to worry about. :v:

There's no fanservice in it, and the characters are mostly fairly interesting. If there's one complaint I have about the series itself, it's that beyond the main core characters, it doesn't really develop any side characters. Note: the translator adds a ~hilarious~ (read: creepy) fake translation page to the end of some chapters. That doesn't reflect on the series itself, though.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

a kitten posted:

Kuro is a good kitty and I believe in him.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

HellCopter posted:

Does Nicjihou still work without random bursts of sakuga? That and the comedic timing made that show what it was.

I wasn't sure it would either, to be honest. But, it does.

The art style shifts around and it's not like comics are a strange format for comedy.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

HellCopter posted:

The Nichijou artist draws really great expressions and poses and they suggest movement really well. It's easy to see how it transitioned to animation so well

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tarezax posted:

I'm rooting for Satou-sensei

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Mio is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrSunshine posted:

My Pet Demon King
Dead Dead DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :tviv:
Takeo-Chan's Monster House I-It's become a battle manga??

i tried reading dead dead detc but i probably shouldn't have looked at the last couple chapters first, that kind of turned my stomach
takeo-chan remains incredibly pure (lone tanuki balls joke aside) and also a good comic
demi-chan seems pretty good though the schoolgirl getting a crush on the teacher kind of rubs me the wrong way (at least he's sort of professional and not a creep)

on to this demon king thing