Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I read all of Flying Witch over the last couple days and it's super cute and relaxing. Thanks thread.

Since I've run out of Flying Witch, I started on Dead Dead Demon's DeDeDeDeDestruction. I suppose it counts as surreal daily life? In any case, it's really fantastic so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

That first one was good

The second was not good

Yeah, the people who adapted Komori-san took a cute 4-koma about a high school girl's personality and decided to make the anime focus almost exclusively on her physics-defying chest. I was disappointed.

I hope that studio doesn't get to produce Maid Dragon.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

A new chapter of Flying Witch! Sempai seems pretty cool.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Two new chapters of CITY!

:same:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter of Chio-chan - https://bato.to/reader#a869fae0d09a9e2e

Despite the chapter title, there are no big guys.

Ah, beaten by mere minutes. Good faces this chapter, as usual.

I hope dropout gets the rest of this volume translated fast, some of these chapter names sound amazing.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

nielsm posted:

On Helvetica Scans' own site for those who'd prefer something that doesn't try to send insane amounts of ads your way.

It's also on mangadex.

Linking to kissmanga is just as bad manners as linking to mangafox and all of the manga**** clones IMO. "But Mentat Radnor, being able to scroll through the whole chapter instead of clicking to flip pages is totally worth visiting a wretched hive of malware ads, popups, and page redirects!"

Nah.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

It's probably for the better, I think, because while fun, that concept can only really be mined for so long before it gets a tad tedious. c.f. Sakamoto Desu Ga

I think short and sweet is fine for Sanova Bocchi, but I would have been happy to read new chapters of Sakamoto forever.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Pretty sure Mizu Asato is a woman, but yeah she has a kickass sense of humor. The anime adaptation of Denki-gai no Honya-san was fairly budget and short but the manga had a few really excellent jokes.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Speaking of dog people, I haven't seen anyone mention the latest chapter of Flying Witch!

Saw that coming a mile away, but at least her reason is pretty adorable.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Have some more Flying Witch! A very cute chapter about the difficulties of gardening.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Tollymain posted:

i imagine parsley tastes like something to somebody out there

To me, parsley tastes like I tried to buy a bunch of fresh cilantro while sleep deprived at the grocery store and messed up big-time.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Scanlators skipped a couple chapters of Hinamatsuri for some reason, but this one seems fine out of context anyway:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Flying Witch Chapter 60 is full of cats!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

just read all of Shadow House. It's a good manga. Does anybody have any recommendations of manga that has a similar level of intrigue and mystery, preferably one that's finished?

If you don't mind much more real-world settings, then maybe something by Naoki Urasawa? Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Billy Bat are all excellent and have a lot of unfolding layers of mystery and intrigue.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

The gap comedy of feudal human kingdom vs demon realm but daily life just resembles a comfy slice of life in modern Japan is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

Been re-reading Tis time for Torture and I still love that the Hell Lord is so wholesome, when the princess sees him sack racing with MaoMao she completely dismisses that this is the guy she was sent to fight.

It's such a comfy and funny little manga. Really great artwork for such a silly premise as well.