Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Apparently Demi-Chan vampires are catgirls (that drink blood) now, what with the being lazy, pouncing on people, nibbling on things, etc. She even has "ears" for heaven's sake.

And while I'm glad that Yuki's problems are mostly solved, I worry that that clears the way for 100% "everybody likes Tetsuo" harem-style silliness.

Enjoying the heck out of this so far, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Pat answer: It's about the journey, not the destination.

Realistic answer: Mangakas are treated like cash cows. If their story drops below a certain level of popularity, they're given a very short amount of time to end the series, if they're lucky and it's not just axed.

In a few cases, the editors nix the author's original ending, sometimes in the middle of the narrative, forcing them to come up with something to save face (a.k.a. the OreImo scenario).

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Bear in mind the colored bits are always "psychic realm" stuff. Everything in black and white is reality. The colors being a bit uncomfortable/unrealistic is almost certainly deliberate.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

chumbler posted:

Mana's warpath continues.

I think she's just trying to get Nakano to DO SOMETHING. HAVE AN OPINION. SPEAK UP.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I dunno if Nakano realizing she likes Toda is necessarily the end of the series. Her telepathy is the main driving force of the series, not the "will they hook up" bit.

I mean, imagine if they started dating and then Toda finds out she's been reading his filthy little mind for years.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I realize it's been 370-odd pages and everything, but her confession feels oddly ... abrupt. She's been so passive about everything up to this point and only recently has started noticing that Toda's actually a good dude despite his pervy tendencies. This seems like quite the jump.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

DrSunshine posted:

*Does the "eyes" from Sumire 16-Sai*

I think childhood friend is pretty good and cool. It's neat how she's mainly being positioned purely as a platonic friend, it's really refreshing rather than having her as YET another rival.

I'm ... not entirely convinced she's gonna stay platonic. She seems to have an unrequited attraction to the MC which may turn things sideways as relationships progress.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

The version on Batoto has a TL note at the bottom noting that "Mousou" means "Delusional".

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Ooh, Aya's the Lathe of Heaven!

e: I make the worst snipes.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

img-justgetmarriedalready.jpg

also:

Huzzah! posted:

Prez is the best.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

New Senryu Girl -- with a huge plot twist!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Please note that the giant snarling toothy monster still has a little bow on her head.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

DrSunshine posted:

I've found one. Shishunki Renaissance David-Kun. It's... uh... the premise is "Hey what if the Statue of David was a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT??!"

Mangaka: They all laughed! They said I was stupid to get a fine arts degree in Renaissance art just so I could draw manga! Well, they'll see! THEY'LL ALL SEE!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Be aware that there's no actual plot to Senryu Girl beyond "Eiji and Nanako obviously like each other and everyone around them is both a weirdo and a gigantic busybody." So if you're big on things like plot progression, move along.

It's still absolutely hilarious though.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I wanted to like Shounen Hachi, but it was just so up its own butt about manga creation. Plus a lot of leftover Jitsu Wa goodwill, I guess.

Handa was fun though.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Meanwhile, in the latest Isekai Transporter ...

ISEKAI DURIFUTOOOOOO

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Brought To You By posted:

How much money do these small girls actually have?

They live in a hole in a tree, and they get their water from a nearby stream. Meanwhile Mikochi is a renowned cook who regularly sells stuff in the nearby store and Hakumei is a skilled craftsman. They're probably doing all right for themselves.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Brought To You By posted:

I'm just always amazed by how much scratch Mikochi drops for these whims and for her clothing designs. It's not like they are super rich, but being able to casually drop the money for a barrel of wine, the more expensive beans, the actual payment for the bird, and the other items. Man, that's some good country living when even money isn't a concern.

I've been rereading this series lately, and budgeting was an occasional concern in the early days. On the other hand, everyone around them is just incredibly generous. In one chapter Mikochi loses her wallet while shopping in town and all the shopkeepers continually ply her with "free samples" until they can barely carry it all home. This manga leans hard on the "do good things for others and you will be rewarded a hundredfold" theme.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Artificer posted:

As far as anime goes this is treading some very dangerous territory but it seems mostly just sad so far? I dunno I'm still getting red flags from this.

It doesn't seem like that sort of thing. It's more about loss and recovery. Also the MC just got a potential love interest for more drama down the road.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

A final coda for Hatsukoi Zombie. The legend continues.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Huzzah! posted:

Interesting manga popped up, Shiosai no Majo Only one chapter out.
A witch and her cat run a little restaurant on a tiny island wheres its rumored eating there can solve your troubles.

Now THAT is a strong start. Followed instantly.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Ponko went heavy, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

DrSunshine posted:

Wait seriously? Last I checked, the Squid Girl mangaka was drawing some kind of dull high school slice of life comedy that I didn't read past the first chapter because it wasn't as funny as Squid Girl.

Atsumare! is pretty ecchi, yeah, though it's not as laser-focused on that aspect as some.