Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
She is a Rokurokubi

I say that the expanding neck facefault gag will never not be cute. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Antitonic posted:

I've been collecting a couple that I'm reasonably sure should go in this thread. If not, well...

Pages behind links for size considerations.

*Near Equal

-

Girl travels to an alternate dimension to hang out with her other self, who is male.

This is a pro rec, dude. Well done! :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Antitonic posted:

*Yandere Kanojo
-Page

Delinquent girl and nerdy boy fall in love at first sight, but want to keep it a secret.

Have you posted this in the Sukeban thread? It's a good fit for that one too.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 23, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Link

I'm echoing Nate RFB here, except I don't think it's a dream sequence. It feels like it's about time she finally woke up to the fact!

Paperweight posted:

Been ages since I posted here but has anyone read the manga Tonnura San? It has a talking cat with the weirdest look on his face that never changes. In chapter 6, he uses his paw print to accept a package. The awkward looks on everyone's face is priceless. I haven't laughed this much in a while.

The stoic cat is like the only good point in a manga filled with extremely creepy fanservice.

Links!

My Pet Demon King
Dead Dead DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :tviv:
Takeo-Chan's Monster House I-It's become a battle manga??

I want to talk about Demi-Chan -- a kindhearted teacher discovers that some of the girls at his school are monsters. It's a daily lives of monster girls kind of manga, but rather cute and heartwarming instead of your typical sleazy fanservice. I like it. :shobon:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 29, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Fellis posted:

Thanks for sharing this one!

I really like the dullahan who likes to have her head hugged. :kimchi:

EDIT: ... although I do wonder if her arms don't get tired from having to hold it all the time? An average human head is a good few kilos, and doesn't really have handles. You try holding a 5 kg ball all day long -- that wouldn't be easy!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

I think it helps that it feels like a combination of admiration/the type of love between a father and daughter then something more physical.

I like that the teacher dude has an actual, legitimate scientific interest in demihumans. Like "These beings are fascinating!" It puts a bit of an adult distance between him and them.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I never went back to Demon King once it had that one super gross chapter where the little sister tried to seduce that older dude.

I ... I think I missed that one! Or wiped it out of my memory.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

nielsm posted:

Not sure if it counts for this thread, but I just discovered Aizawa-san Multiplies on Crunchyroll.

Mysterious shy-looking girl confesses her love to guy, and suddenly clones of her starts to appear, but with different traits emphasized. No real explanation, and they just try to roll with it.

That's looks like a good one! I've seen it around but never tried it. The multiplying gimmick is pretty hilarious, conceptually.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

So, you guys, they started updating Takag-San again!!

Ch 20 - When she dropped the last bomb, that was great. Haha, she's always got an ace up the hole. Nishikata continues to be oblivious as to how much this girl is into him.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

The scanslators are on a roll today, with yet another new chapter of Takagi-san - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san/Vol-003-Ch-022--English-Translation?id=269651

This is really the best. I love the tension in this series, especially when Takagi drops those bombs that keep Nishikata guessing and on his toes. She's got him wrapped around her finger!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

a kitten posted:

Everybody go watch the Flying Witch anime!

:vince:

I'm gonna make the anime thread for this, unless I'm beaten by someone else to it!

Meanwhile, there are 4 .5 chapters of Takagi San to enjoy! Go read them and enjoy Nishikata's delicious pain!
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san/Vol-003-Ch-023--Gymnastics?id=269691

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Here! Go post about the anime!

This season is fan tas tic for SDL mangas to become anime. We get this, Sakamoto and Girl Meets Bear!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Our favorite new monstergirl manga just updated.

The conclusion of the Yuki-Onna story in which the teacher saves the day with :science: and 90's inspirational sports comedy music plays.

And "Demi-chans are friends" which is purely :kimchi: cottoncandy fluff.

That face Machi makes when she's being held...!!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 11, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

More of that really cute monstergirls one, not the "other" one

Oh god! Every girl is the best girl! I like how the vampire is basically a cat, down to the teacher dude holding her up like one in that one panel.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

Two random tidbits about that chapter (not really spoilers but hey):

They've romanized it as "Succey", but it's supposed to be a play off her first name, not the succubus thing; it just so happens "succubus" and her name (Sakie) both start with "サキ saki" in Japanese. (In the JP the nickname is "サッキー Sakki-")

Vampirecat actually doesn't call the teacher dude Sensei, she calls him Sense- (センセー), which is basically just a looser/more casual pronunciation. Just another little bit of characterization.

(Not trying to pick at translation choices, they're totally fine, just thought some people might be interested in some of the more obscure details that get lost.)

I'm afraid I don't know enough about how Japanese folks pronounce things to tell, but how are things like "Sakki" and "Saki", "Sense-" and "Sensei", or "Yuki" and "Yukki" pronounced differently? They sound the same in my mind.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

This thread posted:

Lots of replies

Ah! That explains it quite clearly. Thanks!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter of Takagi-san, in which Nishikata finally asks Takagi for a ~date~ - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san/Ch-028-005?id=271426

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! :tviv:

According to the translator note at the end they've finally caught up so now we just have to wait for the next chapter to come out! Dang! I wonder if the magazine it's run in comes out monthly or weekly? It has a "monthly" feel to it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Ooh, one last quick addition even though i'm not positive it belongs here: I've only seen it mentioned once on the threads, I think, but Wizard's Soul: ~Holy War of Love~ is kinda surreal in that Magic: The Gathering is The One True Past-time in the entire world. And it's freaking GREAT and more people should read it. No caveats, full stop.

This is quite a nice list here! "Mononoke Sharing" is a little (a lot) on the :catstare: side since it's all apparently about the boobs fanservice, but I am so glad you mentioned Wizard's Soul. Translations for that one really need to come out more often, because I'm just dying to see the next ridiculous, terrible combo that Manaka will bring out next.

A new Torikissa (Bird Cafe) came out after a few months' delay.

To this I can only think of:

(from the first AD&D Manual)

And also quite possibly one of the most heartwarming chapters of Takeo-chan. Had me misty-eyed at that one final family scene!

If you haven't done so yet, it's worthwhile to check out the Takeo-chan author's previous work, Love Roma. It looks like it was brought over at one point, but since has long gone out of print. It's a romantic comedy drawn in that guy's unique, quirky style.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 25, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

No one else seems to have picked it up (which I actually find a little surprising), so I'm planning on picking it back up for at least semi-regular releases.

Yesssssssssssss

:woop:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

It is completed, but there are only four volumes.

Aw bummer. That's so short! What the heck!

New School Live!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I was a bit leery about posting Mononoke Sharing because it is all about the boobs, but people here seem to like Cool Kyoushina (like I do), so more CK is better! But that new sign-girl one is ... so cute.

Yeah, COOL Kyoushinsha has a couple of odd, funny mangas. I just started reading the Sign Girl manga, and it's pretty funny!

Just thinking about it, she could communicate... "normally" if she just learned to do binary or hexadecimal!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

a kitten posted:

:neckbeard:HOORAY NEW KURO!:neckbeard:*

*hooray not guaranteed

I knew this would happen. Gosh, that last panel gave me a chill. :ohdear:

Wizard's Soul WOOOOO.

Thanks, Zoglin!!

EDIT: Bird cafe. The head-patting scene was pretty great.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 30, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did you guys watch the Dagashi Kashi anime? Was it good? Did it add anything that we haven't already seen in manga form?

Well, at any rate, a new chapter is out!

EDIT: Say, ehm, this is a funny question, but after a good few years of being in the running, what do you guys think of this thread overall? I've done my level best to keep folks apprised when our favorite SDL manga update, but just sort of thinking in the big-scale of it, is there anything else folks want out of it? Something we could get some more actual discussion out of? What do you think of our selections and offerings so far? Do you think it's about time we did another round of votes for thread MVP?

It seems like this year a lot of them became anime or got licensed in English, which is pretty cool, especially ones like Haven't You Heard, I'm Sakamoto and My Neighbor Seki.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 1, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

YES. It's about high time! PSI Kusuo is shockingly underrated, so much so that scans only come once in a blue moon. Hopefully this will bring more attention to it!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

He also reealllllly likes big boobs, seems. A crime, since as Prison School tells us, boobs are just fake asses. :colbert:

Hey, a manga we had almost forgotten about! Nanige-san has a new chapter! Alas, it's the last chapter, so no more helpful Nanige-san to cheer us up.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh my. Oh my what have you found here? This... it's amazing!! For a while now, no SDL manga has given me quite the same "ba-dump" feeling in my heart the way Sumire-16 did, but this definitely does! Look at this!!

FANTASTIC!!!

Hinako is the best girl. :swoon:

I love the drawings and the pacing of the panels. It's so lively, it's basically like watching an anime.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

PrinnySquadron posted:

The only thing dragging Criminale down for me is Momoka, otherwise it is pretty good.

Yeah, word of warning here: it is preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttty ecchi in a bunch of places, like the first couple chapters, and the bonus art at the end. The artist really seems to enjoy drawing dakimakura-style sketches of the girl characters!! Stay classy, Japan!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

PSI Kusuou Saiki just had a million bazillion chapters updated, go read it all!!

It will always cheese me off how his hair is actually apparently pink, but is inked black in the comic. I can't see the pink!

Oh and Demi-chan this time is a cute boy!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

NAME REDACTED posted:

I took ages to get around to reading this, and I'm sorry I did - this is possibly my favourite series recommended by this thread. It really captures the feeling of, like… going somewhere that no-one else will probably visit for months. Going five minutes out of your way off a road you know like the back of your hand and finding something you never expected to see. It’s very calming and easy-going, and it has sort of a magical realism thread going throughout. The art is beautiful, too.

I was a little let-down by the fact that the background art wasn't as detailed as Yokohama Shopping Trip's in the chapters I perused, but maybe I ought to give it a second look-see.

Things start to go :tviv: on this latest, pensive episode of She's a Rokurokubi! Man I love the blushy faces this artist does, they're so nice!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

a kitten posted:

It's it's a flying witch.

Neat magic!

:neckbeard: I really love this chapter. All that super-chill magic is really wonderful -- it's amazing how fun it is to see this sort of realistic, low-key magic. There's no sparkles or anything, stuff just "happens", and it's awesome.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

New Demi-chan is out!

In which Hikari is super cute.

E: to be clear, it's 16.5

In a contest between cute vampires, who wins -- Youko from "Actually, I'm a..." or Hikari from "Demi-chan"?

I think the real MVP of this episode is the teacher, who's again so very :science: that he's utterly unflappable and never misses a beat, even when talking about difficult subjects. It's all science to him, so he doesn't even give it a second thought.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Kobayashi's Maid Dragon finally got a new chapter.

I hadn't been following for a while -- w-wait, when did this become a battle manga??? :confused:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

PSI Saiki Kusuo - Whew, he sure avoided that one!! I love that his memory removal trick is so similar to the class rep in Actually I'm a...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Also new Furumapura!

In which cute things happen, as always.

E: I'm still not sure if it belongs in this thread, it's leaning heavily on the 'cute girls doing cute things' even though one of the girls is pretty :wtc:

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe we should just a have a general SoL manga thread for things like this and other pretty-decent slice of life stuff like Today's Yuiko-San. Anyone who wants to make an OP?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

If no one else does in the next two weeks, I may have time to.

I think you'd need to make some pretty judicious selections for the OP, because there is. A. poo poo-ton. Of reaaaaaaaaaallly bad / creepy SoL out there.

.... buuut then again there's friggin' awesome SoL like And Yet The Town Turns, so go nuts! :keke:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Carpator Diei posted:

Finally a new one-shot by Douman Seiman, and one that fits this thread perfectly!

Worth mentioning that Oddman 11 is still running as well, and the recent chapter was simply wonderful. Unfortunately, it's not featured on any sites I'd feel comfortable linking here.

Oh, wow, this looks great!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Carpator Diei posted:

Finally a new one-shot by Douman Seiman, and one that fits this thread perfectly!

Worth mentioning that Oddman 11 is still running as well, and the recent chapter was simply wonderful. Unfortunately, it's not featured on any sites I'd feel comfortable linking here.

Okay, I read it, and, uhm, something really rilly weird happens in the last couple of pages. "To protect what is being born between us and the Master..." on that page, she wakes up for some reason all sweaty. And the last one, she's holding her stomach. Is... she pregnant??! Taking the idea of the creative process as a kind of birth a bit literally? :wtc: :confused:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Four new chapters of Criminale! With much less fanservice this time, so that's quite frankly a relief.

The "Idol" chapters are great! I was a bit let-down by hacker boy's criminal quirk, I was hoping he'd be a bit more extreme like everyone else. I guess there's not very many ways to make "INTERACT WITH A COMPUTER" very exaggerated.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Succubus-sensei is the best and cutest ajin, in my opinion.

I guess we forgot to post about :

Two new chapters of Saiki Kusuo! I am oddly into the gender-flipped Saiki. Would read a comic about her, if it was exactly the same premise and execution.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Two new chapters of Criminale, introducing us to the final two classmates Scary-Face Guy and Pretty-Boy Guy:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-013--Gouda-Torajirou?id=275499

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-014--Kiriya-Reiji?id=275500

This release also comes with a bonus .5 chapter for 7, but ... ehm... :stonklol: Momoka's involved, so let's not talk about that one.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hey, uhm, didn't the guy who was doing that die? I recall hearing something about that somewhere. :(