Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think the sign girl one is kinda boring.

Much like actual reviewers it's always a 5 or 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

ehhhh i'm pretty sure there's at least another dozen chapters that can be made out of putting the character with enormous boobs next to the number ten.

if the cast was stronger you could maybe make the premise work for a longer run, but they're all pretty bland i think

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Aw bummer. That's so short! What the heck!

New School Live!

i think 4-5 volumes is actually a good length for a nice story, thats still a ton of pages.

Since its a love story where cards are the setting instead of a card story where shes trying to rule the world I bet you can tell a really nice story with that amount of space and close it off neatly.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

shiba shiba

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shiba-occhan-r17843/

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Kuro is a good cat. I believe in him.

He's doing the right thing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

you're doing good man

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

kokkuri

http://bato.to/reader#76c56846dee39a35

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tons of new Criminale.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/criminale-r16325

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Oh my. Oh my what have you found here? This... it's amazing!! For a while now, no SDL manga has given me quite the same "ba-dump" feeling in my heart the way Sumire-16 did, but this definitely does! Look at this!!

FANTASTIC!!!

Hinako is the best girl. :swoon:

I love the drawings and the pacing of the panels. It's so lively, it's basically like watching an anime.

That was one of my favorite pages too. I think what makes the comic work is how endearing the whole cast is for a gang of rambunctious criminals, besides just being nonstop nonsense comedy every chapter.

The pacing is super quick and it snaps from bit to bit to bit like that, never holding on it too long.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 6, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also: really good art, often the most important part.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

PrinnySquadron posted:

The only thing dragging Criminale down for me is Momoka, otherwise it is pretty good.

Momoka is one of the best. You don't get the dildo swordfight without her.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Blaming an artist's proclivities on all of Japan is still super lame, too.

Thought we were past that...

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 6, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Black Mage Knight posted:

New Kanojo Wa Rokurokubi. Yotchy continues to be great. I wonder what Yokai she is judging by how wide her mouth is.

She's a cut mouth woman.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You even see the corner of her cut mouth when she licks the hand.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She doesn't.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

He left town after making out hardcore with his girlfriend and the final shot is of a photo book that is ostensibly his memories of the time in youkaiville.

Very sudden end.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There might be some sort of epilogue added to the next tanko but they actually cut it off where 4 would be a full book the same size as the other 3 so maybe not.

Either way the artist is mega talented so I'll be happy for their next work.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 9, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Gonna laugh when it turns out Toda was just thinking mild lovey dovey thoughts of his crush this whole time and Nakano's Ego reinterpreted them as thirsty as hell fantasies involving herself.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

It's almost as annoying as people being a poo poo about what sites people use

Support scanlators instead of the siterippers.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

If I was going to do that I would donate directly to them rather than use whatever site they prefer

Support scanlators.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mangadex is new bato.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Gozinbulx posted:

I know this isn't the right thread but I can't find it as I've never been here. As an manga neophyte, should I read the official colorized Akira or something more original? What's the consensus on this?

If you pay me big monies ill tell you exactly whats good to read.

Thats right, im a personal comic trainer.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

L-O-N posted:

Two new chapters of You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead.

First one really reminds of Stephen King's The Raft. Wonder if the author got any inspiration from that. Also, the class president is delightfully selfish.

Its more like Blood Beach and The Sand, theres been a couple movies with the premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

the final chapter of Gori-sen, the Type of PE Teacher to Die First in a School Horror Film dropped. I loved this series, as far as a one-joke manga goes, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. The One Joke never got old for me, I was surprised they managed to keep it amusing throughout. There were a few bits that didn't quite hit, but everything moved so briskly it never stayed for too long, and even some of the lesser parts still had some excellent moments(like the "WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS" literal physical shoving of a villain's sad backstory flashback panels off the page by one of the characters when they tried to monologue), and the underlying story sufficed enough to keep a constant conveyor belt of death events for Gori-sen to obliviously smash through no matter what it was. I loved that instead of killing things he'd just drag them off to detention or whatever, and I loved some characters reappearing, like the alien from early on deciding rather than try to take over earth, he'll just work at 7-11 instead because there's no getting past Gori-sen. the art isn't great but it's perfectly passable for communicating what's going on. I love how unrepentantly weird and ugly Gori-sen looks, but he's a great guy anyways.

good comic, thanks