Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Not sure if it counts for this thread, but I just discovered Aizawa-san Multiplies on Crunchyroll.

Mysterious shy-looking girl confesses her love to guy, and suddenly clones of her starts to appear, but with different traits emphasized. No real explanation, and they just try to roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Japanese is actually probably one of the most straight-forward and easy to pronounce languages I can think of, once you learn the basics. Like, in all but a few rare cases, you can 100% know the correct way to pronounce a thing from looking at its hiragana/katana. The only situations that I find difficult to pronounce more or less correctly are the Japanese "r" sound (which is sort of a cross between an r, l, and d) and certain sequences of syllables that can be sort of tongue-twistery to pronounce (like "shinjirareru" where it can be tough to say the last three syllables fast correctly).

And then the few cases of e.g. "iku" becoming "yuku", "iu" being "yuu", the grammatic wa/e/o (ha/he/wo) and probably some I'm forgetting.

But yes overall it's a very straightforward system.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ooh I love that kind of demonstrations, ghost girl did here. It really helps making the mysterious non-mysterious. And I'd think anyone in the same situation would want one.

For the Flying Witch anime, my guess is it will end with the sky whale story. It seems like a nice place to wrap up.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What happens if you try to put dullahan-chan's head onto her neck, where it would usually go?
How about making a shoulder-mounted head holder? (It would probably be uncomfortable, and inconvenient not being able to turn it.)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Driving Witch

Huh?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

no

NO!

Noooooo

No idea what the cause is, whether there is something missing, but also on one of the other pages in that chapter:

Is s/he just losing interest and wants to do a different manga, or something other happened?

Or you can read it in a positive manner and assume it means it's changing publication method, e.g. maybe direct-to-book or something?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

I noticed they are bad, but god drat that is some next level badness.

aha

It's not even "next chapter is last before break", it's just "skipping next issue, back in 2 months".

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But... December for next chapter? Did it change over to a two month period?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This also seems like it can be a good witch. It does manage to set itself apart too.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm very okay with Chinatsu forging her presssscioussss.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What happened to the hero rescue squad anyway? Did they just give up?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

If anyone here reads Aizawa-san is Multiplying it seems the final chapter of the official Crunchyroll release is up.

I kind of get the feeling that it was cut short, honestly, but it was a fun romp while it lasted.

Yeah read it. To me it felt like the author was running out of ideas and just wanted to end it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

A new chapter of Flying Witch! Sempai seems pretty cool.

It's a rival!

It sure took senpai long to figure out she wasn't the only witch at school. Has she really not run into any of the many others fooling around the town in those two years?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

new Kumika no Mikaku!

ACTION! DRAMA! ROMANCE! IT HAS IT ALL!

On Helvetica Scans' own site for those who'd prefer something that doesn't try to send insane amounts of ads your way.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Yes, this. :kimchi:

You can't not like her, she's just incredibly charming. And she's written very kid-like, like a real kid unlike many kids in other manga. The most comparable I can think of is Yotsuba.

Remember the earliest chapters when she was scared and suspicious of almost everything?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ch 54 page 6 has a secret! If you wait, "An important point?!" flashes into "That I just got an anime?", so yay.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Surprised Princess is Surprised.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Crasical posted:

So the first chapter of the new manga by the Kumika author dropped and it's pretty lewd, definitely a strong departure from Kumika.

I'm kind of in on the premise, with vaguely reminds me of that Black General manga, so I wanna see where it goes.

So that's the direction it's going.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Does anyone remember that other teenage witch manga? Four more chapters were released after almost two years break.

(Someone shared this on Discord but I don't see a post on the forum about it.)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I don't remember the context of the current title at all.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Another chapter of Gendai majo no shuushoku jijou
Very happy this one is getting some attention again.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Flying Witch, continuing the investigative journalist storyline.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, I hadn't realized! The website seemed a bit more clunky to use than mangadex so that's the only thing that I was concerned about, I didn't know that was the artist's actual worksite.

shueisha.co.jp is actually the publisher's website, it's one of the major manga publication companies.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I think it was linked in this thread before, The Bones of an Invisible Person has had its final chapter translated. Unlike most of what gets posted here this is certainly not a comedy, but the 22 chapters are definitely worth the read.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I would like a huge bird too. As long as it doesn't bite.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Some more Kemo-life wait no? it's a repost of the previous 10?

They reordered everything in the English translation for whatever reason. Just read it all again.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 24, 2019

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

More Kemolife

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I hope this is not the end

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

It's not over yet!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Girls with strange animals continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

New Gal and Dino
Dino makes a new friend.

This is so wrong.
Cockatiels are much worse at imitating human voice than this implies, and also it's not puffing its cheek feather at all. The lower beak is too small and looks like it's covered by the upper beak (it shouldn't be). The cere should be more clearly defined.
I am offended!

(Apart from that, the behavior is spot on.)

Signed,