Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

I want to talk about Demi-Chan -- a kindhearted teacher discovers that some of the girls at his school are monsters. It's a daily lives of monster girls kind of manga, but rather cute and heartwarming instead of your typical sleazy fanservice. I like it. :shobon:

Thanks for sharing this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

I really like the dullahan who likes to have her head hugged. :kimchi:

EDIT: ... although I do wonder if her arms don't get tired from having to hold it all the time? An average human head is a good few kilos, and doesn't really have handles. You try holding a 5 kg ball all day long -- that wouldn't be easy!

She looks pretty built actually so the author may have thought of that? Dullahan is my favorite too, i like when her head sleeps off to the side and when she can't sleep her body gets up and lies next to the head with the cell phone

Also major props to this comic for being non-creepy and the conversation being interesting and realistic imo for adults speaking to children/dealing with kid problems in an educational setting

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tollymain posted:

demi-chan seems pretty good though the schoolgirl getting a crush on the teacher kind of rubs me the wrong way (at least he's sort of professional and not a creep)

i guess you were home schooled then?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Good

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Gale Raziya posted:

Hakumei to Mikochi

This is really good! I don't know if the seinen thread is the right place, but I want to talk about it with people!

Cross-quoting from seinen thread. This isn't really surreal, but it is the sort of whimsical fantasy daily life that this thread adores as well

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

This manga has been great but this chapter just really struck home for me. I really love how they use recreating the mythology in the story. Reminds me of hero quests in glorantha

Also new arc tease reminds me of jitsu wa watashi wa

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

The guy that does Takagi sometimes does other things. Check it out!

This is incredibly average

E: i like the author's art a lot, i hope they don't go the uwagaki -> immortal hounds route of SDL manga

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Editor: put in a bunch of western monsters in this manga
Author: i dunno i spent a lot of time researching japanese folklore to make everything consistent and have a good plotline
Editor: c'mooonnnnnnn
Author: okay

Not that i'm complaining, its just funny to me how the creative process works for stories like this

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Four more chapters of My Sweet Alien.

Every single time a chapter from a manga by this guy is posted I get sad because I know it's just a countdown until there's just no more, nothing left, because he passed away FAR TOO YOUNG. :smith:

drat such a nice way to go with the story. Rip that guy :smith:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

First chapter where she didn't maim, mutilate or otherwise brutalise any of the demons. She's getting soft.

I dunno i think she caused some mental scarring

She brutalized their hearts

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

a kitten posted:

That's translated by adtrw's very own z0glin Warchief!

PSA: If you aren't reading the z0glin thread where z0glin posts the comics why are you even on this subforum

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

this series is so drat good

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

It has a pretty good pace! I like it.

Although way to recommend it when I have to wait to see the current plot point resolve :argh:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Heck yes, I had forgot about this and got to burn through a decent chunk again. I hope they mix things up again soon because the main girl and main guy just not talking to each other ever is getting a bit dull with her having friends now. Although the bit about her questioning if she was playing god was pretty interesting until they dropped it immediately.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

I like that Mana and she patched up their relationship when the truth of her psychic powers was revealed, that's a really neat and cool development. Also Mana changed from being kind of the bitchy girl to an actual pretty sympathetic character! Good for her!! But it just makes Toda seem all the worse by comparison. Literally all he ever does is think lewd thoughts about Nakano. That really isn't a crush at all and it is getting ki~nd of tiresome.

Yeah exactly this! I thought that reveal was really well done and it was a big shoe drop in an otherwise lighthearted one-joke gag manga, I'm hoping they keep that coming.

z0glin Warchief posted:

You mean like a Dungeon Meshi anime?

Because that might be happening.

Maybe.

According to rumors.

On 2ch.

a Dungeon Meshi anime would mean we aren't in the darkest timeline after all!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

This seems alright: Kumika no Nikaku

Romance(?)/SOL about an alien learning about Earth food and surprisingly loving it.

Do not become addicted to food kumika-san, it will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I frequently think about that Terrarium in a Drawer short where they have the device you slam up people's noses to clear out misunderstandings, and the mangaka is musing about how did they ever solve misunderstandings back then while writing a romcom.

You're halfway there Nakano, get your poo poo in order goddamnit

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Was good! I feel like another chapter or two fleshing out the lives of the characters introduced at the end would have been cool.

That's a pretty good single serving SDL manga

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

If she figures it out that's kinda the end of the series, unless she flips and goes power mad and has to be reigned in. It is their last year though and thats when these types of stories usually end anyway.

This kinda reminds me of Yamada-kun and the seven witches where the girls get powers that address their desires, but Nakano is like this because of her power. Also yamada-kun got weird and bad when it should have just ended.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I was more thinking about "having a spine" but actually her realizing she likes toda and that aren't mutually exclusive.

This bit of direct negativity might shake toda's unwavering attraction though which would also be interesting

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

nerdz posted:

Jesus, from these heavy chapters you guys keep posting it feels like the thing just bogged down into drama. I was thinking about picking it back up, but maybe not.

This is the most exciting the comic has been! Jokes are cool and funny but character development is also pretty good.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I don't remember did she reveal the dirty content of Toda's thoughts to Mana? I guess yeah the revelation is that she is the one with the dirty mind. Kinda weird that this is happening after she realized she liked Toda already.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah i just reread like ch75-135 and there are times where its totally plausible that it's all delusions, but her conversation with Mana (ch95-110 or so) pretty explicitly has her responding to Mana's thoughts and Mana reacting like her thoughts were being read. Mana even explicitly mentions Nakano's powers later so it shouldn't be an elaborate unreliable narrator delusion.

Also just loving communicate your problems to your friend Nakano jeez. She's right there and can prove you're not crazy.

Although I guess if she had learned how to not be wrapped up in her head all the time the series would be over...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress yea I was hoping it would be xenomorph girl!!!

E: Mana is gonna be pissed when she finds out what this freakout is about. Also this has gotta lead to Nakano accidently confessing to Toda while they are trying to snap her out of it

Fellis fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 16, 2017

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

So i was irritated that this might be true but now that the qualia the purple comparison was made, if this goes on a crazy genre shift I think I'm down

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I agree with all the things said about noted good friend mana

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

IDK I think I would have liked it better if Aya got herself visited by a ghost

I sort of agree but it would be a very different story than the one being told so far. Its still good though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I can't wait for the realization that Toda's perverted thought images are her own imagination.

She hasn't revealed Toda's thoughts to Mana, correct?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Mygna posted:

Here's the last chapter. I hope everyone is ready for a last-minute shocking twist:

What! a ninja?! :monocle:

realtalk they didn't kiss for fucks sake this manga needs an epilogue chapter :mad:

Fellis fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 19, 2017

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Artificer posted:

Quickly I need cute light hearted romances like this and Jitsu Wa.

Preferably where they don't delay an actual relationship until the end of the manga.

Have you read bonnouji?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

What’s the manga where the dude is a quiet nerd but has secret tattoos and is trendy and the chick is popular but is secretly basically a housewife and was it as decent as I remember?

I liked that they get together quickly and it was cute but then it was kinda boring because it didn’t really go anywhere, but was otherwise inoffensive. Not even sure if it finished or not

E: also not really related to this thread sorry

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Knorth posted:

Horimiya is the manga, it's really good

Thanks!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Who cares what people crank it to or not, the bullying comic is bad because its not surreal enough

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah that’s the good poo poo, straight into my eyeballs

Sorry MC your childhood friend doesn’t dig you, time to make due with your hot tanuki wife

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

khy posted:

I was on the fence about this one; the premise seemed more like some weird fetish Hentai. Still gave it a shot just in case.

Then the Tanuki chuunibyou showed up. And it was GREAT.

:same:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Hakumei + Mikochi! Also, there's an anime out this season, you should watch it!

Holy poo poo that last page, i love these squishy faced dorks

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Artificer posted:

Is this another one where the MC is going to get messily devoured?

MC seems to have a good grasp of how to keep a mind-reading hot wife entertained, so yeah like every few chapters :heysexy:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Y'know what

this would probably fit right in here, even if it's not that surreal-

https://mangadex.org/title/33654/mr-villain-s-day-off

Not much to look at yet, but chp. 2 had a weird zen-trance like quality to it that i liked.

Pictured: the general of the alien army invading Earth on his day off

man Komi’s brother got into some nasty business after high school huh

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I stopped reading dead dead demons dededede destruction before their (early spoiler) classmate’s death and caught up over the weekend and drat it’s good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I love that the magical device is a cell phone and grandma is having trouble using all this newfangled technology