Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I’m really worried about the scanlator of kitsune wife, I think they just translate as an excuse to bitch about their life in the notes

In other news: sky is blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Post apocalyptic yurucamp updated: https://mangadex.org/title/34403/yurusaba

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

It's been a couple years, but I think the context was Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa getting an anime adaptation?

Must have been a monkey paw then

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

That is some extremely high tier anime smug face Anya

Love the demerits-till-expulsion counter

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

Now I'm really curious because my first reaction was: "are there enough yuri sci-fi novels to make it a thing?" but maybe :thejoke:

Qualia the purple

E: https://mangadex.org/title/9114/qualia-the-purple

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Now to see who this manga really is... *lifts up assassin/spy drama mask* Gasp! It was old man Musou Telepathy the whole time!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Useless Ponko is very powerful

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I keep thinking I’ll get tired of the gimmick with each new Mermaid Princess’ Guilty Meal but it keeps being very good.

https://mangadex.org/title/20583/the-mermaid-princess-s-guilty-meal/chapters/

Looks like the princess will be getting an accomplice soon?!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks for the diabetes, that last chapter oof

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Dead dead demons dededededestruction has had a few updates the past few months without getting posted, so if you weren’t following it otherwise: https://mangadex.org/title/11881/dead-dead-demon-s-dededededestruction

If you forgot what was going on the last dozen chapters or so, ch 56 will give you the context (it has been an extended flashback that is now wrapping up)

E: if you haven’t read any, please read dead dead demons dedededededededestruction

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Crasical posted:

EDIT: Dededededestruction is weird and I don't know if I actually like it or not but it's great for out-of-context screencaps.

I felt the same way about the first dozen or two chapters when it was updating regularly and those funny bits were keeping me going. I don’t think I really bought in till I re-read the whole thing around 40ish? chapters in.

There are some reveals that recontextualize stuff and some pretty dramatic directions it goes in. I will probably re-read it again soon, it feels like it’s gonna wrap up but I’m not sure where raws are

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Artificer posted:

Ok what just happened I've lost the thread

The old tactician, Rakan, is Mao Mao's real father. She is the daughter of a courtesan he impregnated out of spite, because Rakan liked the courtesan but could not afford to bid on her against her other rich suitors. Rakan has been interested in meeting Mao Mao and shows up to the brothel frequently, but she avoids him. He figured out she now works for Jinshi and is trying to meet her at the palace.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Artificer posted:

how the gently caress does he know that? How does mao mao know that? Does her adoptive dad know that? What the hell?

Rakan mentions being kicked out of the brothel for 10 years, so the grandma who runs the place is the only person who actually knows what’s up. I’m unsure if Mao Mao knows the full story, she might just see Rakan as an unpleasant customer that wanted to buy her. I assume whatever the case is, the grandma and foster dad are in on it.

There’s probably more to it, especially if secret prince Jinshi and Mao Mao are gonna have a chance as more than master and concubine in the story, she’s gonna need some higher birth status

Fellis fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 13, 2019

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

New Useless Ponko has pages with some pretty interesting implications about Ponko. Don’t want to spoil with any screencaps

https://mangadex.org/title/36329/useless-ponko

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

It hasn’t been linked here in awhile (not sure if another thread is following), but Shadows House has been getting regular updates and this arc has been a lot more interesting with more of the setting getting fleshed out and letting characters bounce off each other

https://mangadex.org/title/32962/shadows-house

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I mean who doesn’t sympathize with being so embarassed that you wish you could explode

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New Monsters Cant Clean
Furianga, the wrathful dragon, has come for a showdown.

The MC’s have finally kissed

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Mirage posted:

Ponko went heavy, man.

Ponko has always teetered on the edge of heavy, I mean the basic premise is that the dude's dying wife found a robot that she liked and sent to her husband after her death to keep him company. Then you also have the community they are in slowly dying and the chapter where Ponko met a Ponko who also had a dead master. It's very cheerful on the top but it's not too far a look to see some of the heavier stuff in the wings.

VictualSquid posted:

New Mermaid Princess:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/817477

The Queen's backstory :psyboom:
Seriously this story is the best.

:emptyquote:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

D. Ebdrup posted:

Chapter 1 and chapter 2 of Miss Saeki's Black Cat by Yuuki Ray is being translated by Loe (potentially :nws: given that I'm told Loe also does translations of adult VNs).
Will probably be picked up on the regular haunts soon enough?

Same energy

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I don't think this has been posted before:

Ka「」Ku「」Shi「」Go「」To「 (Secrets)

It's about a quiet high school student, Kyou, who has a special ability. He can see signs above people's heads indicating what they are thinking:

Pretty interesting slice of life, and definitely didn't go the way I expected it to. There is a pretty interesting change-up a few chapters in when the perspective switches to another student who also has an ability (ch7 minor spoiler)

Same author of I Want To Eat Your Pancreas (which I have not seen but I have heard is very good), and the same artist of another excellent surreal daily life comic Kanojo wa Rokurokubi (long necked monster girl)

Fellis fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 30, 2020

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Some group posted an April Fools "joke" translation of a Mermaid Princess Guilty Meal chapter which is just a bunch of explicit racism.

e: oh and nazi poo poo at the end I missed. I wasn't gonna link it, but actually please report the chapter (30.6): https://mangadex.org/title/20583/the-mermaid-princess-s-guilty-meal

Has there ever been a good april fools translation of manga/anime? The only thing I can think of is Adult Swim putting mustaches on everyone in Witch Hunter Robin in 2004 or something, but I've never been able to find a video of that.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 31, 2020

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

all caught up, and yanno, I DO like the cat murderer guy not actually being a cat murderer guy, but I also liked the cat murderer guy being a cat murderer guy in the initial reveal and that was that. I wasn't really sure how to feel about him just happening to show back up as the substitute teacher, at first it felt a bit hamfisted. but the entire story around him and the DON'T LOOK spirit was really solid and horrifying so I like the way it panned out this way too.

I am super curious about where the story will go from here, seriously. the cliffhanger it has left off on is a doozy, the way the author has made even the "good" spirits absolutely nightmarish is really great. I would love to see an anime of this once it's got some more under its belt, but only if they could really put the effort into making the juxtaposition of horrifying apparitions that only she can see everywhere and everyday life seamless.

I mean the substitute teacher is still a murderer, he just doesn't murder cats. It was cool to see him come back as he's part of the beginning of the story, but cat savior tough guy should also come back

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Our lives after the apocalypse, the post-apoc cooking manga, has got two new chapters

https://mangadex.org/title/35428/our-lives-after-the-apocalypse

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Kakushigoto - Secrets got an update. If this were Mob Psycho I feel like Para's stress meter would be pushing 80%.

This comic is so good, I really wish i could see what the other's are seeing from Para as she is hitting her limits. It's pretty obvious that the main characters can tell she's not serious because of their insights, but when she pops off it's gonna be interesting.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Sindai posted:

Demon Mom needs to talk about the real issue: when are Chii and Merii getting married

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

new Interrogation Princess
*gasp* Princess is actually injured?!?

For a character that gets like two pages a chapter on average, Demon King is so drat good

“Battle strategies? What tripe!”

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Zeke is a very responsible father and is social distancing from his family while he works his essential job

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Yuri Roadside Picnic has been updating again recently:

https://mangadex.org/title/29407/urasekai-picnic

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

I think I panned Mieruko the first time I saw it (think it was still the first 5 chapters or so), but I went back to it again and wow it's actually really good, both the art and the writing. So thanks thread

I think the first 5 chaps was the author redo-ing the bits from when it was a twitter comic or whatever, it definitely improved as its gone and has been a great horror

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I love how horribly dark that manga is while still being jovial and lighthearted for the majority of the pages in the chapter. It seems like it only has few chapters left, I'm curious how it'll end for Era.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

A completely perfect chapter of flying witch: https://mangadex.org/title/7645

On mobile but like at least a dozen candidates for funny panel/page thread

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

pro-click

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Oh that ending sucked, twitter cowards

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

PirateDentist posted:

I love when it when manga just tosses those little one liners outside the speech bubbles.

And another Demon Mom chapter already!

I think credit for that joke goes to the scanlater, there’s some decent translation notes about this new character’s speech (slangy memes). I wonder what the original joke was though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

HOLY gently caress ITS PERFECT

I was not expecting that whatsoever, the dark comedy is so sublime

e: also experiencing whiplash from reading Fairy Tailor and then that chapter god drat

Fellis fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 25, 2021

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I only know american mayo so if it's better I will happily change my mind.

its somewhat different, if you are very anti-mayo then it is probably not different enough honestly

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New Useless Ponko
Was surprised by the content warning page, for useless ponko, but here we are.

They aren’t really clear in their CW, it’s a suicide joke

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

loving perfect

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Still feel like I'm just waiting on this to end so I can binge through it.

I think this is a good idea, especially with the last dozen chapters having a lot of plot revelation and recontextualizing the beginning quite a bit. It'll be much more fresh on a binge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

drat the punchline page is such a simple gag im surprised it wasnt done before this