Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So I just finished marathoning Mahoutsukai no Yome.

I'm not sure if it fits in this thread, but gently caress it. If you aren't reading this you should be, because holy poo poo it’s good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

AnonSpore posted:

I would make a thread for it but I don't know how to pitch it in a non-spoilery manner while simultaneously addressing the elephant in the room of the premise being (at face value) an old man literally buying a young girl to marry her

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it though, also buy the volumes support the artist

Buying it is definitely on my list.

As for a way to pitch it... "Mr Norrell and Jonathan Strange meet in Howl's Moving Castle"?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like it's not so much the "(seeming) old man buying young girl to marry" thing that I consider an issue (especially in light of what you end up finding out later regarding Elias), but it does kind of bug me when you have situations where a person (usually a younger girl) falls in love almost entirely because they were saved from a terrible situation by their love interest and have no other positive influence in their life. Like, in Chise's case Elias seems to be literally the only person she has ever become close to who seems to care about her, so she naturally wants to cling to that.

That being said, Mahoutsukai no Yome is super good and I don't think that what I described detracts from it much.

To be fair, that point gets raised in-story. We’ll have to see where the manga goes with it.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Serious Frolicking posted:

The concept of impregnation via stationary totally sounds like something he would do, but he would be way more blatant about it.
He was. Where did you think that tablet she's using at the end came from?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Kanojo wa Rokurokubi updated with a rather informative flashback chapter.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Maybe if we’re really lucky it's in order to do prep work for Season Two?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Surreal Daily Life Manga: Alright, Out With It, Which One Of You Sold Their Soul To Satan?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Captain Invictus posted:

New flying witch!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Flying-Witch/Ch-030--Backyard-Magician?id=329139

I am super hype for chinatsu, mischievous magician

This chapter was a tragedy: two young women, viciously gunned down in their prime.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Tarezax posted:

This also applies to the new Criminale!

Of all the things I was expecting, Truck-kun claiming more victims wasn't on the list.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

dordreff posted:

Don't watch the anime though.
What anime?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
That's because the actual premise is "'The Ransom of Red Chief', if the kidnappee were a fantasy princess".

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

chumbler posted:

I can't believe there is someone in an anime thread who doesn't know about Senran Kagura.
I only know enough to know I don't want to know more.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

El Burbo posted:

Aharen-san isn’t that unfathomable, if it weren’t for our dude having a crazy imagination

"Aharen-san is Fathomable, Except By This Dumbass"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
New Flying Witch.

In which Akane is remarkably competent, Makoto facilitates her sister's alcoholism, and Chinatsu is remarkably Chinatsu.