Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Rescue mission of president's daughter: Successful

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

net cafe scandal posted:

Dropping in to say Salazar's right hand is a drat terror and Im so scare.

Stay strong. You can endure this

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

he still scares me whenever i paly it again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the only part that truly gave me the creeps when i first played was the buildup to the first regenerator

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i am an intensely big pulsating pussy when it comes to horror games but the fact that every one of the Verdugo's (right hand man) attacks was preceded by a dodge prompt killed lots of tension, and also the fact that you are literally invincible against any attack that has a doge prompt also made me feel too powerful

e: "doge prompt"

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 30, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also the credits makes me feel real bad because during the whole game you get the impression these townsfolk have always been some dirty savage assholes but it turns out they were just a thriving lively little village then they get hosed up after saddler gets in and you murder every single one of them

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

his right hand comes off?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jim Flatline posted:

his right hand comes off?

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

the only part that truly gave me the creeps when i first played was the buildup to the first regenerator

That whole last area is pretty drat creepy in the indoor areas. Abandoned morgues are ALWAYS bad business

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh i just remembered one of the coolest things i noticed somehow only this playthrough. They often mess with camera angles based on gamplay needs or mood. In that first regenerator area the camera is way lower and closer to leon giving it a kind of personal space invading feeling. Or in some castle areas the camera is almost touching the geound to give an illusion of enormousness. I thought that was great and i wonder how much effort they put into it and how many times they do it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I managed to escape the Verdugo but I immediately felt like a bitch for not killing him so I reloaded my previous save and slayed the beast with the fully upgraded magnum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think escaping is cooler because it's harder

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Oven Man owns.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the boss that you run away from in the hanging cages that fall down hosed me up for life i think. i was normal before that but now i have Anxiety disorder

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

the boss that you run away from in the hanging cages that fall down hosed me up for life i think. i was normal before that but now i have Anxiety disorder

gaming has scarred me in countless ways.... the labyrinth in Castlevania 64

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

lol that boss fight was awesome and probably the most ridiculous in the game in terms of suspension of disbelief on the design of the arena.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

lol that boss fight was awesome and probably the most ridiculous in the game in terms of suspension of disbelief on the design of the arena.

it kicks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

it kicks rear end

i killed him with the last shot in my pistol before a reload that would have probably killed me since i was out of healing. i was shakeing

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Which boss is this? The blind guy with claws?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I'm blanking on other cage fights

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Ohhhh wait the super gross monster guy yeah that poo poo is intense!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

on my first run i ran completely dry on ammo for that boss and got loving stuck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I'm blanking on other cage fights

The one in a series of cages suspended over a bottomless pit with gun activated puzzle gates

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
For some reason in my latest playthrough I'm running a lot lower on ammo in general. Maybe because I bought the TMP when all my other runs have been pure pistol/shotgun. But I feel like I'll be hosed later on cuz I'm not stockpiling like I seemed to be able to in previous games

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I guess the obvious answer is my aim is getting worse because now I'm a middle aged drunkard

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Regenerators 😞

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
as soon as im done with the ada campaigns im starting a new game + but im gonna Ditman all the way through the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are loving TAS runs of RE4 and they're beautiful

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TAS re4 mercenaries is some of the best tool assisted stuff out there

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Doctor Goat posted:

Oven Man owns.

The best jump scare in gaming

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

All the random unexplained poo poo is the best

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when u open a random dumpster and there's a weird sack inside that glows red in heat vision and frantically flops around and Leon is like "what the gently caress" and never mentions it again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

when u open a random dumpster and there's a weird sack inside that glows red in heat vision and frantically flops around and Leon is like "what the gently caress" and never mentions it again

lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The ganado just savagely impaled to a wall with a pitchfork even though they never seem to attack each other

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The poor oven guy.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

"What was he doing in there...?"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The ganado just savagely impaled to a wall with a pitchfork even though they never seem to attack each other

Guess there's no sex discrimination here.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thingken of ditman.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Not bad for a rusty guy

• Locked thread