Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

i only did leon's campaign and part of chris' and i dont see what everyone's problem with 6 is

The Leon campaign is actually pretty good, I really like the church stuff. Chris's drags like a motherfucker by the end and also I think the Javo are just lame, Jake's campaign feels like all the worst ideas the designers had thrown together in one campaign, it's also all Javo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I casually opened a door after an 8 foot man said I had nice blood and my head was cleanly removed from my body by a chainsaw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I casually opened a door after an 8 foot man said I had nice blood and my head was cleanly removed from my body by a chainsaw

Lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Kicking zombies heads off with flash kicks is really sick

You gain Brock Lesnar powers when you make the enemies kneel and melee them

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
RE4 is a gameing masterpiece OP

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

i only did leon's campaign and part of chris' and i dont see what everyone's problem with 6 is

leon's campaign was funny, me and my friend were laughing our asses off because every time he got his hands on a vehicle he'd crash it into something, until he got a plane and crashed it into the city

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i want to replay 1-4 agai some day but probably never will. and code veronica that one was good too

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
You've got mail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0Hm6Xjuxg

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Te voy hacer picadillo!

me, a cuban: ta bien, mijo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

RE4 is a game I'd love to play fresh again. It's so good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

*slaughters 20 Eastern Europeans who may be zombies or may have been merely mentally challenged* *gives my FBI issued handgun over to a masked man holding a blue torch so her can expand the magazine*
They're Spaniards OP

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

They're Spaniards OP
Ah. The Brazil of Europe.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Sharkopath posted:

The Leon campaign is actually pretty good, I really like the church stuff. Chris's drags like a motherfucker by the end and also I think the Javo are just lame, Jake's campaign feels like all the worst ideas the designers had thrown together in one campaign, it's also all Javo.

i'll end up playing them eventaully but i feel like mercs alone was worth the like $5 i paid. did you play ada's campaign?

the first time i got to the guys who split apart one of them instakilled me and the animation was creepy so i've been paranoid about them since then, and both times i've gone through the game the person i'm playing with have thought i was crazy because all they did was this stupid slow low damage punch to them

the c-virus mutants i've fought have been pretty cool in mercenaries.

shield javo are annoying but i dont remind the rest.

quickshot is a godsend and a really cool mechanic. countering people is fun but repetitive, catching a bloodshot in midair and dunking it is extremely satisfying

Soral
May 30, 2009

Looper posted:

inb4 someone tells you to try bagging some fish at the lake

give it a try op, fish are a useful healing item in re4

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That's it, I'm hookin up my gamecube and playing this again. On my RE4 chainsaw controller like god intended.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Ahahaha. Writhe in my cage of torment, my friend.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
red9 is the best pistol and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise

even post-nerf

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The maxed out starting pistol is the best because it explodes all the heads. Red 9 is second because it is Han Solo's nazi handgun and it feels so good to fire it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Te voy hacer picadillo!

me, a cuban: ta bien, mijo

[Me and my brother playing RE4] ĦAy, caliente!

[Me and my brother playing RE5] ogabooga

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

lmfao

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

frank.club posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

*sees bear traps on the path* pffft I'll just go around through these leaves *steps in more bear traps*

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Leadthumb posted:

*sees bear traps on the path* pffft I'll just go around through these leaves *steps in more bear traps*

it is bullshit that spaniards are immune to bear traps

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

The maxed out starting pistol is the best because it explodes all the heads. Red 9 is second because it is Han Solo's nazi handgun and it feels so good to fire it

Reload animations are the most important weapon stat, red 9 wins by a landslide.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

holy poo poo it got nerfed? I used it when I played recently and it owned insanely hard. Wish I'd used it on the GC versh now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My friends have an ongoing blacktail v. red9 argument, I like bringing it up to hear an hour long conversation about which gun is better while using both in 1 playthrough.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Blacktail is only better if you're a scrub who can't pull off headshots reliably

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Please tell me more, I've heard every point from both sides 30 times now.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

"red 9" is what women call my dick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

I cleared a small section after the large criss crossing bridge area in 1-2, where there were rows of guys hucking molotovs and I used cover to get around and blew up their explosives in their hands and killed like 6 guys at once and felt like a total badass, no damage taken. Then I took a step out and got caught in a bear trap and the animation loop of stepping back got me caught in 3 in a row and I had one sliver of health left :eng99:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sideshow Leon stepping on rakes over and over.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Please tell me more, I've heard every point from both sides 30 times now.

I just think the Red 9 looks cool. This is also why I prefer the Striker and Broken Butterfly

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

holy poo poo it got nerfed? I used it when I played recently and it owned insanely hard. Wish I'd used it on the GC versh now

it was incredibly strong on the gc version and lmao I got it backwards, they BUFFED it past the GC version

it's 5.0 in damage on gc, and 6.5 on everything after

such a mighty gun

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
the sound it makes when it fires is unbeatable. i've never done a playthrough with the blacktail everytime I think I'm going to I just end up with the red9 anyways

Doctor Goat posted:

it was incredibly strong on the gc version and lmao I got it backwards, they BUFFED it past the GC version

it's 5.0 in damage on gc, and 6.5 on everything after

such a mighty gun

lol what the hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt like the default pistol and usually kept the free blacktail in my inventory specifically to make shield assholes way easier

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i decided 2 play resident evil 2 after seeing this thread. the dogs are very annoying. prbabaly more annoying than sstalker dogs if u can believe it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got frustrated with RE1 and 2 after playing both for a few hours and moving on to 4

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mysterious loyall X posted:

i decided 2 play resident evil 2 after seeing this thread. the dogs are very annoying. prbabaly more annoying than sstalker dogs if u can believe it

i was really worried about dogs in re6 but you can burn stamina bars to autoaim at an enemy and it's super good for dogs

you can also catch them out of midair when they jump at you and dunk them but i've never been able to pull it off

re2 is the best classic re though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I got frustrated with RE1 and 2 after playing both for a few hours and moving on to 4

ive never even played the original REs and everyone tells me they play like poo poo and have dumbass stories so i dont think im missing out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i lke them, ut they pay more like kind of crappier twisen games with a lot more gore. thanks.

• Locked thread