Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive never even played the original REs and everyone tells me they play like poo poo and have dumbass stories so i dont think im missing out

oh wow the mythos a dn lore of the umbrella corporation sure is dumb....fuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i decided 2 play resident evil 2 after seeing this thread. the dogs are very annoying. prbabaly more annoying than sstalker dogs if u can believe it

i believe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive never even played the original REs and everyone tells me they play like poo poo and have dumbass stories so i dont think im missing out

They're cool but I'm bad at them and die way too much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loving love the low rent CGI aesthetic that every Japanese game had during that era in the PSX, especially bc I never had the system and got to experience them all recently

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i want 2 plaay remake but it is too stong for my lappy

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I loving love the low rent CGI aesthetic that every Japanese game had during that era in the PSX, especially bc I never had the system and got to experience them all recently

the first re has possibly the best opening fmv to ever exist

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i love the old freaking cgi with badly matched english dialogue with gripping lines like claire! leon?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i love the old freaking cgi with badly matched english dialogue with gripping lines like claire! leon?

It's great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*me watching 4 frames of animation a second of badly deformed people at an opera get melted down the bone with a bright flash of red light in Parasite Eve* This is loving awesome.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its parasiote eve. not parasite steve

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
parasite eve is so good

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

trying to jack off posted:

the first re has possibly the best opening fmv to ever exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r_s-XWGeoc

correct

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

*me watching 4 frames of animation a second of badly deformed people at an opera get melted down the bone with a bright flash of red light in Parasite Eve* This is loving awesome.

that was badass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

that was badass.

I also like when the Statue of Liberty turned into slime or w/e at the end

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

frank.club posted:

[Me and my brother playing RE4] ĦAy, caliente!

[Me and my brother playing RE5] ogabooga

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This thread is making me want to play RE4 again.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think I have beaten Resident Evil 4 the most of any game, and I know I will beat it more times

Maybe some day I will actually unlock the hand cannon :sigh:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
RE4 has the best alt skins.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

i wonder when low poly graphics will become the new pixel graphics for indie games

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

RE4 has the best alt skins.

Pressing the reload button while carrying the Chicago Typewriter and wearing the mobster outfit :vince:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Gigante posted:

This thread is making me want to play RE4 again.

You should, playing RE4 again is a good decision.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

i wonder when low poly graphics will become the new pixel graphics for indie games

There's that Kickstarter crash bandicoot clone and that banjo kazooie spiritual successor so I imagine it just a matter of time

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
When it's just the regular guys I'd knife them in the face and kick them over and over to "save ammo" and my sister would yell at me for not playing seriously... Family gaming feel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot that I had a knife. I haven't had too many ammo problems but unless they have projectiles I've been doing one headshot + melee + headshot on the ground

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The way heads simply disappear into a smoke of blood spatter is immensely satisfying

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codenameFANGIO posted:

Pressing the reload button while carrying the Chicago Typewriter and wearing the mobster outfit :vince:

Using armor suit Ashley as a trap :troll:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Using either of those items...smh.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey after the 5th time I beat the game I changed it up

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

frank.club posted:

Hey after the 5th time I beat the game I changed it up

Yeah by the time you have all those things you have played through the game several times already so gently caress it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

SUPER HOT SUPER HOT

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

frank.club posted:

Using armor suit Ashley as a trap :troll:

Letting a giant pick up armor ashley

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I forgot that I had a knife. I haven't had too many ammo problems but unless they have projectiles I've been doing one headshot + melee + headshot on the ground

Knife becomes more of a tool to break boxes and planks of wood. Having it be a dedicated button is a definite qol upgrade so you don't have to waste time pausing the game to swap it in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

Knife becomes more of a tool to break boxes and planks of wood.

Oh. Duh.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The red 9 is the go to gun but the broken butterfly has the sickest reload animation

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I freakin love RE4

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The red 9 is the go to gun but the broken butterfly has the sickest reload animation

In fact iirc the weird merchant guy even says IT AIN'T JUST ABOUT THE SHOOTIN IT'S THE RELOADIN HEH HEH when you buy it

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna go back to it and beat professional mode, though its annoying that QTEs get insanely hard aswell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fat Care-Bear posted:

I wanna go back to it and beat professional mode, though its annoying that QTEs get insanely hard aswell

i dont think it affects QTEs, as far as i know:
1. you find less ammo
2. enemies deal like double damage
3. that cute thing where Leon miraculously survives with 0.1 HP from lethal blows almost never happens
4. bosses have their HP cranked up a bit

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I think I killed Salazar's monster bodyguard and Salazar with rocket launchers every time I played through this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I think I killed Salazar's monster bodyguard and Salazar with rocket launchers every time I played through this game

I keep forgetting to save those on the right hand. I didn't kill that thing until new game plus.

• Locked thread