Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive only played this game for 15 minutes and im completely in love with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mgs2 but its about zombies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steam version that I got with the Capcom humble bundle. Playing with a ds4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died before the title even showed up...lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. The merchant in this game has an amazing character design.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*slaughters 20 Eastern Europeans who may be zombies or may have been merely mentally challenged* *gives my FBI issued handgun over to a masked man holding a blue torch so her can expand the magazine*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

this makes 0 sense but the game is good

i just meant the call screen is very reminiscent of the mgs2 codec calls is all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also leon is as gay as raiden.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*handing a completely innocuous photo over to a man I met 45 seconds ago, who was bound and gagged in a random persons closet* Let me guess, the President's daughter?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I knew lots of people were like Wow, my man, Resident Evil 4 is so good, and RE4 is p. much one of the best games ever made, hth. So I had high expectations. But this game is insanely loving good, and I love it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ManlyGrunting posted:

When you get into the second third in the game, you get a new melee attack if you shoot people in the shins and get them to kneel. Use this at every possible opportunity.

Kicking zombies heads off with flash kicks is really sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I casually opened a door after an 8 foot man said I had nice blood and my head was cleanly removed from my body by a chainsaw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

*sees bear traps on the path* pffft I'll just go around through these leaves *steps in more bear traps*

I cleared a small section after the large criss crossing bridge area in 1-2, where there were rows of guys hucking molotovs and I used cover to get around and blew up their explosives in their hands and killed like 6 guys at once and felt like a total badass, no damage taken. Then I took a step out and got caught in a bear trap and the animation loop of stepping back got me caught in 3 in a row and I had one sliver of health left :eng99:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got frustrated with RE1 and 2 after playing both for a few hours and moving on to 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive never even played the original REs and everyone tells me they play like poo poo and have dumbass stories so i dont think im missing out

They're cool but I'm bad at them and die way too much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loving love the low rent CGI aesthetic that every Japanese game had during that era in the PSX, especially bc I never had the system and got to experience them all recently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i love the old freaking cgi with badly matched english dialogue with gripping lines like claire! leon?

It's great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*me watching 4 frames of animation a second of badly deformed people at an opera get melted down the bone with a bright flash of red light in Parasite Eve* This is loving awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

that was badass.

I also like when the Statue of Liberty turned into slime or w/e at the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

i wonder when low poly graphics will become the new pixel graphics for indie games

There's that Kickstarter crash bandicoot clone and that banjo kazooie spiritual successor so I imagine it just a matter of time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot that I had a knife. I haven't had too many ammo problems but unless they have projectiles I've been doing one headshot + melee + headshot on the ground

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The way heads simply disappear into a smoke of blood spatter is immensely satisfying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

Knife becomes more of a tool to break boxes and planks of wood.

Oh. Duh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The shotgun feels sooooo good. I haven't played this in a few days but I still keep thinking about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sun is down and dinner is almost done...it almost time to play RE4 until i fall asleep

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't want to fight the big scary lake monster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

throw the spears

It's very stressful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's an awesome fight though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a small heart attack every time the music cut out . The turn speed was like perfectly tuned so that every time I threw the spear it felt like the last possible second

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can just shoot the lake a few times without getting in the boat and it'll just kill it

I game with honor:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I beat it a bit ago. Got to the bit where you stop the waterfall and a huge gang of zombies come from two directions and felt like a completely badass wiping out the group without taking a hit...I'm getting better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whatre you buyin'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god! The troll escaped from the mines of Moria!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The story of this game is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

No trolling in the impzone!!!!

Its one of the steam achievements. Which, usually, I play a game on PC and then delete it bc of SSD space, but im only 3 hours into this game and I have already filed it into the steam header where i dont uninstall it (along with Isaac, EU4 and Pac Man Championship Edition DX+). So I will definitely replay this game in a month or two. Im already realizing I could have saved money and gotten a rocket launcher for the troll fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the Punisher and quickly sold it back. I have no interest in the Red9. Ive been using handgun and shotgun the whole game so far. With a smattering of TMG now that I've upgraded it (gently caress the dogs)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like all of the best games ever made, you can stuff invalids in dumpsters in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if there's any reason to keep them but I've been selling every treasure I come across

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Say, OP... hope you dont mind if I use this thread for my first playthrough as well.

It's a loving awesome game. Enjoy

• Locked thread