Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I couldn't convince my mom to get me RE4 when it came out on GCN so I gave money to my aunt to buy it for me. Playing it when I was 13 changed gaming forever for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

i only did leon's campaign and part of chris' and i dont see what everyone's problem with 6 is

It's fun coop at least

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My friends have an ongoing blacktail v. red9 argument, I like bringing it up to hear an hour long conversation about which gun is better while using both in 1 playthrough.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Please tell me more, I've heard every point from both sides 30 times now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Using either of those items...smh.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah it definitely makes QTEs harder, especially that one really long QTE.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I don't want to fight the big scary lake monster.

throw the spears

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

RE4 is one of the most replayable games of its type. It's so much fun to play through with a new loadout, and there are so many weird things that you'll miss the first time through like going back across the lake after you get the church emblem and finding brand new enemies before you're supposed to. Aside from the first village fight which is pretty drat hard the first time I think it has an almost perfect difficulty curve as well. RE4 is a masterpiece.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The mine thrower is actually very powerful and you can stack mines on top of each other to eliminate bosses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

Yo if you happen to ever replay it, hit a dude with a door and Ashley can suplex them and explode their heads

being hit with a door triggers the same stun that headshots and flash grenades do and it doesn't check if you're Leon or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Tg1btDrMA

still learning stuff about this game after this long. it's so great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I fuckin hate the guys who chuck dynamite

Shoot the dynamite. Boom bitches.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

tfw when you stop dynamite and axes midair with your bullets

all RE4 is missing is shooting an axe back at the boss like in deadly premonition

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The maxed out exclusive bolt action rifle is incredible and I never used it until my last playthrough. It has like 30.0 firepower so its basically a magnum with way more ammo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

She's got skills to go along with her ballistics.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

I was under the impression that the TMP was almost useless?

not even close. it's by far the best weapon to stagger enemies for a qte kill and it also does amazing damage to weakpoints like el gigante's parasite and the big cheese's spine.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Time for round 2.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Head to Hemwick Charnel Lane asap for some RE4 feels.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Definitely do separate ways, it's really good. assignment ada is kinda lame though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

re4 hd runs worse than re6 on my laptop somehow

the red9 becomes available after a friend owns everything in sight with one. if you want a demonstration, shoot him a few times and he will put you down like an animal

i haven't done a fresh start in so long though so i might be wrong. i haven't played since a fuckton of runs of the gamecube version

you can grab the red9 at the merchant right before the cabin fight actually.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I bought 6 to play in co-op with my smooth buddy. I hope it's fun. It was £5.

You can make it fun, I enjoyed co-oping the whole thing.

In Training posted:

I forgot I also have RE5 to play if I want to. Hmm

co-op it it's pretty boring solo imo. the online co-op works really well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

if you do play solo just give sheva the stun rod

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

it's really fun murking everyone effortlessly

I think it's boring as hell.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I agree about the handcannon, but the chicago typewriter is lame. It's a tommy gun so you would think you'd be able to unload on all the enemies but it kills most of them in 1 or 2 bullets.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The big cheese.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Assignment Ada is bad Separate Ways is really good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's a real turd.

It's a turd if you're a turd with no friends.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mercs is fun single player in RE5 at least. If it's a turd then there are some golden nuggets hidden inside.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Jake's campaign is the best and most insane. It has an amazing final boss fight.

The jake and sherri credits song is so drat funny. I love the final boss as well but I was playing as sherri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Rescue mission of president's daughter: Successful

• Locked thread