Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's one of the best games ever OP, youre gonna have a lot of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

e:dumb

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 22, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its key that you die to everything in cutscenes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Te voy hacer picadillo!

me, a cuban: ta bien, mijo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

[Me and my brother playing RE4] ĦAy, caliente!

[Me and my brother playing RE5] ogabooga

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt like the default pistol and usually kept the free blacktail in my inventory specifically to make shield assholes way easier

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I got frustrated with RE1 and 2 after playing both for a few hours and moving on to 4

ive never even played the original REs and everyone tells me they play like poo poo and have dumbass stories so i dont think im missing out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fat Care-Bear posted:

I wanna go back to it and beat professional mode, though its annoying that QTEs get insanely hard aswell

i dont think it affects QTEs, as far as i know:
1. you find less ammo
2. enemies deal like double damage
3. that cute thing where Leon miraculously survives with 0.1 HP from lethal blows almost never happens
4. bosses have their HP cranked up a bit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

I keep forgetting to save those on the right hand. I didn't kill that thing until new game plus.

it's doable if you have the TMP upgraded and enough ammo

Work Friend Keven posted:

... your right hand comes off?

hahahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

oh poo poo. i never buy that gun. :eek:

it is tremendously overpowered lol and for some reason the game gives you assloads of ammo for it even though it's supposed to be an oh-poo poo-button like the shotguns and magnums

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I don't want to fight the big scary lake monster.

you can just shoot the lake a few times without getting in the boat and it'll just kill it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I game with honor:

so close. actually what happens is he jumps out and loving kills you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

I carry the giant 16 square or whatever black bass in my inventory all game.

why wouldn't you?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The story of this game is awesome.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

it should be

Shoot the Water!
- Skipped the Del Lago boss fight by shooting the lake.

yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres some treasures you wanna keep to combine with others. usually theyre pretty obvious about it, like a gem and the description is "it looks like it could fit in something" etc. and the matching treasures are usually nearby

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

A hedge maze full of resident evil dogs? *alt-F4s*

re4 is the only truly scary resident evil game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The shopkeeper is beyond awesome.. but this gun he gave me for shooting the medallions looks kind of bad

you will regret selling it when you run into shield users lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

i also just read about the unlockable weapons in this game...lmao. That one for completing it on hard mode...

the PLR sounds awesome but it kind of sucks because it it's like an /npc_kill_all command instead of like, a gun you aim and stuff. it also kills poo poo in a really boring way, doesnt even make em blow up :(

the chicago typewriter however lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

The reward for acing mercenaries is the best. You have to earn the poo poo out of it and it's not perfect but is so satisfying

by the time i unlocked the handcannon and fully upgraded i was completely sick of the game and didnt play it again until the PCHD release years later

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's cool that you can unlock goofy overpowered weapons but it has that yoshi in mario64 effect of "well whats the point"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there it is

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it didnt have mouse aim of any sort and fans had to basically hack it in lol. the dmc3 port is no better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahahhah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive always wondered if suplexes hurt dudes with helmets at all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

here lies salazar

blown up by the free rocket launcher by most people

i always sell that RL

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in RE5 the game was split up into missions you can replay and stuff individually but you still had the persistent inventory, you could replay a mission that gave you a free rocket launcher over and over again and just keep selling them/using them to skip bosses. gently caress capcom

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

This all made sense until you said gently caress Capcom :confused:

it was a lovely change made for the co-op that made the game worse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

the ai partner is the most retarded thing ive ever seen

make her hold all your ammo and dont give her healing items or guns because she will pop expensive rare items to heal 2 HP and Use The Strongest Weapon on everything

also, if you play as sheva online it still makes the over the shoulder cam the inverse of chris' cam and it's really hosed up and theres no way to change it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when you beat the game you can buy a bow and arrow with infinite ammo that knocks down things and deals huge damage, if you give this to sheva, and also equip her with a pistol, she will use the pistol until the ammo runs out and then switch to the stun baton

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

god I wish the bow was available in single player in RE4, it is SO GOOD.

i wish you could just play as all the merc characters through the SP really

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/ar/t376.htm i found these for the old version though and i'm sad they don't work in cutscenes because leon and krauser knife fighting with guitars would rule

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I love all the work that went into such goofy one off death animations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the bonus modes are the best part of RE4 IMO. mercenaries changed my life, it's even better in RE5 even though the actual campaign isn't super great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I started this game again.

ng+ or pro mode??

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I died in the first path on Professional. They don't gently caress around here.

if you only have 4 bars of health the next hit will probably kill you on pro, it's sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

This game is weird. It's like somebody half remembering RE4 and trying to remake it in the Gears of War engine.

it only gets a pass because it mimics one of the best games ever. the mandatory AI co-op shouldve gotten someone fired but it's still intact in RE6 lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are good moments, a lot of the boss fights are amazing. but it's hard to compete with art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

on my first run i ran completely dry on ammo for that boss and got loving stuck

• Locked thread