Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

mgs2 but its about zombies.

this makes 0 sense but the game is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Just remembered i nevee fibished re4 because it would hang at the loading screen right beforw the jet ski

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Azraelle posted:

Leon and Salazar has the best conversations.

"I have dispatched my right hand to take care of u mister kennedy"

"what your right hand comes off?"

its so unapologetically dumb

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also i saw this on an article recently

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
re4 hd is on sale but it's 6.79 this thread really made me want to play it again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's worth it but you gotta have a nice pc, mine is pretty old but has a brand new gtx 960 and still chugs in big areas like the town square at the beginning

aw what
mine is a 460 SE i dont think its even close to what you have i thought the game was basically the same thing with widescreen and some better quality textures

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Yeah but capcom sucks at optimizing for PC

checked pcgw to see if there were any graphic options i could turn down but theres only settings for anisotropic also this

Can't pass QTE • Link[edit]
For some QTEs, such as when Leon is hanging on a ledge in Chapter 4, mashing the button as fast as you can still doesn't pass the QTE and he falls off anyway. This is because of botched 60 FPS support, requiring QTEs to be mashed faster. Try changing it to 30FPS, or use Cheat Engine, attach the process, Speed Hack it to 0.5, thus giving you more time to press the button. After the QTE, simply exit Cheat Engine and continue the game. Another tip is to mash the button even before the prompt appears.

whic pretty much confirms what you said but its not a big issue

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
alrighty then, i'm gonna use my argentinian college savings to see if I can run this piece of dogshit!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thermal scope rifle against regenerators was the only time i used anything other than a pistol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
http://youtu.be/YDYPWYmpz3M?t=33

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Got something to say.

yeah:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

It's a turd if you're a turd with no friends.

To me its, its alright if you act like a turd
Cause i like

Birds

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Leon scott kennedy singing: crazy chainsaw guy is gonna mow me down

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

If you're STARS and on a search
I've got ballistics for you to perv on

Hahaha

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the only part that truly gave me the creeps when i first played was the buildup to the first regenerator

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i am an intensely big pulsating pussy when it comes to horror games but the fact that every one of the Verdugo's (right hand man) attacks was preceded by a dodge prompt killed lots of tension, and also the fact that you are literally invincible against any attack that has a doge prompt also made me feel too powerful

e: "doge prompt"

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 30, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also the credits makes me feel real bad because during the whole game you get the impression these townsfolk have always been some dirty savage assholes but it turns out they were just a thriving lively little village then they get hosed up after saddler gets in and you murder every single one of them

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh i just remembered one of the coolest things i noticed somehow only this playthrough. They often mess with camera angles based on gamplay needs or mood. In that first regenerator area the camera is way lower and closer to leon giving it a kind of personal space invading feeling. Or in some castle areas the camera is almost touching the geound to give an illusion of enormousness. I thought that was great and i wonder how much effort they put into it and how many times they do it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
as soon as im done with the ada campaigns im starting a new game + but im gonna Ditman all the way through the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thingken of ditman.....

• Locked thread