Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

RE4 is a game I'd love to play fresh again. It's so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

The maxed out starting pistol is the best because it explodes all the heads. Red 9 is second because it is Han Solo's nazi handgun and it feels so good to fire it
holy poo poo it got nerfed? I used it when I played recently and it owned insanely hard. Wish I'd used it on the GC versh now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Blacktail is only better if you're a scrub who can't pull off headshots reliably

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

"red 9" is what women call my dick

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The red 9 is the go to gun but the broken butterfly has the sickest reload animation
I wish you got a bit more magnum ammo but as it is it’s the sickest boss killer in the game. Keeping it fully upgraded and capping chainsaw dudes/killing Salazar in like 10 seconds with a few precise shots and a stylish reload or two owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the Handcannon on the GC version and I dunno if I have the heart to do it again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

a sewer level :sweatdrop:
it's actually good. when I replayed I kept getting to a section and thinking "oh I remember this part not being great" and then I was wrong and it was, every time

Doctor Goat posted:

re6 mercs is good. re6 mercs also has a left 4 dead tiein that spawns like 10x the enemies and gives you bigger guns and lets you play as l4d characters
you're making me want to buy re6.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The shield guys are real fuckers, and that sequence protecting ashley at the two cranks was fun. You feel like a real piece of poo poo when your trying to save her and instead fuckin blow Ashley's head off
that area is intense as hell. I always come out of it with no ammo left and irl sweaty palms

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

See if you can spot the problem with a weapon that launches a sticky mine that explodes after a period of time and can hurt you, in a game where most of the enemies are trying to corner you and rush you at all times

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

What a bizarre section with the fire breathing dragon statues
that part is completely insane. It's great how many assets and enemies and stuff they design for just one completely random ten-minute room and never use again, there's so much of that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

eh it ran weirdly for me. Really old PC but just had really odd lag spikes at strange parts

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

is there any purpose to the shooting gallery
Get all the statues and you get loads of money and something else

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I bought 6 to play in co-op with my smooth buddy. I hope it's fun. It was £5.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

isn't manipulating the AI in RE4 mostly a matter of jogging past it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm playing RE6 now and the gameplay is insanely fun. Leon keeps doing stone cold stunners on zombies for no particular reason.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

chris makes no sense in 6. it's like 5 didn't happen at all and he has a new backstory
absolutely nothing in 6 makes sense. I just started Jake's campaign and he's just some bald dude in Estonia injecting giant syringes into his neck because he's heard they give you an energy boost and then you spend the first five minutes of the campaign getting rockets launched at you while Sherry screams at you about antibodies and the BSAA and Javoes and they barter about prices and units. Everyone involved in this game loved cocaine so much.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got to the first fight with 90s grunge Nemesis and I just keep sliding past it while punching its shins and crying and I think Sherry has had enough of my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when u open a random dumpster and there's a weird sack inside that glows red in heat vision and frantically flops around and Leon is like "what the gently caress" and never mentions it again

• Locked thread