Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Sharkopath posted:

its really sad playing through the series and watching as they hit perfection with 4 and lose it a bit in 5 and throw it away entirely in 6

i only did leon's campaign and part of chris' and i dont see what everyone's problem with 6 is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Sharkopath posted:

The Leon campaign is actually pretty good, I really like the church stuff. Chris's drags like a motherfucker by the end and also I think the Javo are just lame, Jake's campaign feels like all the worst ideas the designers had thrown together in one campaign, it's also all Javo.

i'll end up playing them eventaully but i feel like mercs alone was worth the like $5 i paid. did you play ada's campaign?

the first time i got to the guys who split apart one of them instakilled me and the animation was creepy so i've been paranoid about them since then, and both times i've gone through the game the person i'm playing with have thought i was crazy because all they did was this stupid slow low damage punch to them

the c-virus mutants i've fought have been pretty cool in mercenaries.

shield javo are annoying but i dont remind the rest.

quickshot is a godsend and a really cool mechanic. countering people is fun but repetitive, catching a bloodshot in midair and dunking it is extremely satisfying

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
red9 is the best pistol and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise

even post-nerf

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

frank.club posted:

[Me and my brother playing RE4] ĦAy, caliente!

[Me and my brother playing RE5] ogabooga

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Leadthumb posted:

*sees bear traps on the path* pffft I'll just go around through these leaves *steps in more bear traps*

it is bullshit that spaniards are immune to bear traps

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

holy poo poo it got nerfed? I used it when I played recently and it owned insanely hard. Wish I'd used it on the GC versh now

it was incredibly strong on the gc version and lmao I got it backwards, they BUFFED it past the GC version

it's 5.0 in damage on gc, and 6.5 on everything after

such a mighty gun

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mysterious loyall X posted:

i decided 2 play resident evil 2 after seeing this thread. the dogs are very annoying. prbabaly more annoying than sstalker dogs if u can believe it

i was really worried about dogs in re6 but you can burn stamina bars to autoaim at an enemy and it's super good for dogs

you can also catch them out of midair when they jump at you and dunk them but i've never been able to pull it off

re2 is the best classic re though

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
parasite eve is so good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you can stick the tmp through walls if you have a stock and shoot locks off doors. the only time i know it's even useful is to skip that area. the tmp is only really good if you use it like Hunk in Mercs though

the knife is so good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

NickRoweFillea posted:

The only way to play Hunk in Mercs is single headshot into neckbreak combo

that'd be it yes

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I carry the giant 16 square or whatever black bass in my inventory all game.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bobnumerotres posted:

why wouldn't you?

logically you'd use it first because it takes up the most space and does the same thing as a first aid spray or gold egg

logicusers are scrubs

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I should do a run and use the guns I don't usually use. My normal loadout is Red9 w/ Stock, Striker, and Semi-Auto Rifle.

The first time I got the exclusive for the Striker the ammo in it last me for the rest of the run and most of the way through the second run until I decided to kill an Iron Maiden using it. I regretted nothing.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it should be

Shoot the Water!
- Skipped the Del Lago boss fight by shooting the lake.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rediscover posted:

the red9 is the most badass gun in the game and your severely loving up by not buying it

i looked it up to see the origin of broomhandle in broomhandle mauser and learned that you can holster a mauser inside its stock

such a cool gun

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

Like all of the best games ever made, you can stuff invalids in dumpsters in this game.

she doesnt use her hands or anything to open it. she just stands straight up, ramming it open w/ her head

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

Idk if there's any reason to keep them but I've been selling every treasure I come across

If you can slot things into something like the beer stein, it's kind of worth it to keep it until you get it slotted. If not, sell that poo poo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh man you get to fight one of my favorite new enemies soon, in the castle

i like that all of the resident evil 4 death animations are brutal. it shocked me when I first played it and got chainsawed so i didn't want to die to anything else and the only things i did die to reinforced that

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

I was hoping for something more in the lake cuz I just stayed in the water the first time I fell out to see what would happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96b1Vn5jJDE

i don't remember dying to del lago ever though i failed the QTE at the end once

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i loving love landing the last character's special move in mercenaries on a double chainsaw guy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i hit like 7 people in a line including a double chainsaw guy once and will never match that sheer level of ownage. not even hitting 2 double chainsaw guys at once

edit so i dont triple post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a95wnUKAt4k

re6 mercs is good. re6 mercs also has a left 4 dead tiein that spawns like 10x the enemies and gives you bigger guns and lets you play as l4d characters

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 26, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you're making me want to buy re6.

get it just for mercs and maybe leon's campaign

is re5 mercs any good? i bought gold edition for 360 and it was locked behind ng+ or something and i couldn't be assed to play through

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

The shield guys are real fuckers, and that sequence protecting ashley at the two cranks was fun. You feel like a real piece of poo poo when your trying to save her and instead fuckin blow Ashley's head off

shield guys rule. when i did my run with the full striker, i was just shooting the shield to pieces head on

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
re4 cured me of item hoarding

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Shoot people with mines so they get stunned and then kick them.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

it is mandatory to jump out of this window

going back to re4 from re6/dead space feels weird because of the camera, augh

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Dogs are barely a threat but their attack animation is very startling so I cannot help going a bit overboard on firepower when I fight them

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i played for an hour

i'm glad del lago doesn't need ammo, i'm just before it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i havent even cleaned out the del lago lake yet, poo poo

hope i dont get more than 4 after using one for full health

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the entire castle is pleasantly bizarre

salazar owns

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

In fact that whole section with Ashley was cool, because all of sudden for a half hour youre just a different character and youre forced to rethink encounters, and then its over. very cool

Yo if you happen to ever replay it, hit a dude with a door and Ashley can suplex them and explode their heads

being hit with a door triggers the same stun that headshots and flash grenades do and it doesn't check if you're Leon or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Tg1btDrMA

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Ditman glitch is extremely great. It breaks any special animation you try to do and makes you 50% faster I think?

endgame spoilers!!: http://i.imgur.com/snKuPxy.gif

If you try to use a ladder, you get desynced from the level and you can run around outside. You can pick up some mines that aren't for a real gun, Ada's special shotgun, arrows for the mercs bow, and all kinds of other stuff off levels.

There's a special cutscene to try to introduce wingless bugs but it doesn't trigger in the real game for some reason and you can see it

i wish you could get the bow in the main game or get the harpoons from the boat as a special weapon because both of them would rule

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
in re6 all of leon's comedic skills have gone into his driving

he still does oneliners but he is very grumpy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
leon kennedy's daily report:

7:45: took car to work. totalled
9:00: somehow became president's best friend.
12:25: took a secret service car to the cafe for lunch. borrowed a police car for the way back, added both wreck cleanups to budget
4:30: got off work early!! took a bicycle home. 11 people died in the ensuing blast

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

I fuckin hate the guys who chuck dynamite

In the Bin Laden Mountain Fortress looking area where they take you after you find Luis the first time, a dynamite ganado got more kills than I did. I swear he took out five guys with one throw trying to get me.

If you shoot them in the hand the dynamite instantly explodes too

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

human being rear end regenerators...I don't have a rifle so the only way to kill one is to knock it to the ground with a couple striker shots and then just pump 150 tmp bullets into it and hope I hit something

Maybe you should have a rifle.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Regenerators have at least three plaga up to like six and I think up to two can be on the front and the rest will be on the back and you get no feedback on popping one so doing it without a rifle takes mad skill and resources, or in the only time I've done it, 40+ rounds from the maxed striker

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fat Care-Bear posted:

Everything the tmp does, the red9 does it better

i wish the handgun ammo came in 50 round boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

15 rounds of Red9 is way better than 50 of TMP.

50 headshot + suplexes are better than 15 red9 headshots though.

• Locked thread