Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

The etymology behind "Cracker" is actually really interesting.

First you got the "Crack" which means to "Hit" or alternatively "Give it a shot" and then you got the "er" which donates the action onto the object you're referring to.
The first recorded use of the word was from a baseball announcer in Yupsville Arizona ,1934 when he said the designated hitter was going to have to give it his best "Crack" if the Yupville Diamonds had a chance of winnig the game.
Well that baseballman did give it his best "Crack" and hit a "Homerun" which caused the crowd to chant "Cracker, Cracker, Cracker" loud and proud and from there on "Cracker" became synonymous with "Winning" and the proud american pastime of "Baseball".
So next time you're called a "Cracker" you should "Smile" and say "Thank you" because you were just given a compliment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

One time i killed a native dude and the cops came and just kinda shrugged at me and let me leave without even taking a statement

E: I bought icecream after, iirc

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

drat horror queefs posted:

Same except the cop also made me a honorary sheriff and then we hosed

That was pretty cool of that cop, and also of you.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Mandatory nap time sounds pretty okay to me.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

It's from baseball

This was explained to you all on page 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Pale Satan
Dandruff Skin
Melaninless Marty
Sunless Susie