Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

farsel posted:

Sad to see Yahtzee have to go back to peddling shitass games after the unfortunate demise of his Awesome Video Game Bar, The Mana Bar, earlier this year.

I would give anything I own, to have an authentic Ocarina of Lime at The Mana Bar in it's prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

actually its the guy apropos just posted

Lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I would give anything I own, to have an authentic Ocarina of Lime at The Mana Bar in it's prime.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
But having made the decision to not pursue any of this sex business anymore I’ve discovered a strange new world I never knew existed.

It’s like I’ve eaten spam a few times from a few popular brands and in a few serving suggestions, and found I’m not really keen on spam, ‘cos it’s salty and slimy and looks like something you might find in the alien queen’s litter box. But I’ve found myself in a world that’s completely obsessed with spam. People spend their entire lives in pursuit of spam. Every single advert on TV sells their product by placing it alongside spam. Movies have to work in at least one spam scene to reach the broadest audience. People break up and get divorced because they don’t exchange enough spam. Soldiers are given time out to go have some spam. Low-risk prisoners are given spam visiting rights. People die for spam. Entire economies have been based around spam. Selling spam is the world’s oldest profession. The lack of spam has been linked to mental disorders. The only thing getting teenagers through difficult puberty is the thought of one day getting to have spam of their very own.

And when I explain to people that I’m not that into spam they tell me I must be some kind of hopeless cissy girl, or that I just haven’t found the right spam yet. It feels like when a theist says ‘I’ll pray for you.’ Or when a parent of some hideous mewling womb dropping says ‘You’ll understand when you have one of your own. Quite infuriating. It’s just tinned meat, guys.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I thought it was chocolate bars?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

But having made the decision to not pursue any of this sex business anymore I’ve discovered a strange new world I never knew existed.

It’s like I’ve eaten spam a few times from a few popular brands and in a few serving suggestions, and found I’m not really keen on spam, ‘cos it’s salty and slimy and looks like something you might find in the alien queen’s litter box. But I’ve found myself in a world that’s completely obsessed with spam. People spend their entire lives in pursuit of spam. Every single advert on TV sells their product by placing it alongside spam. Movies have to work in at least one spam scene to reach the broadest audience. People break up and get divorced because they don’t exchange enough spam. Soldiers are given time out to go have some spam. Low-risk prisoners are given spam visiting rights. People die for spam. Entire economies have been based around spam. Selling spam is the world’s oldest profession. The lack of spam has been linked to mental disorders. The only thing getting teenagers through difficult puberty is the thought of one day getting to have spam of their very own.

And when I explain to people that I’m not that into spam they tell me I must be some kind of hopeless cissy girl, or that I just haven’t found the right spam yet. It feels like when a theist says ‘I’ll pray for you.’ Or when a parent of some hideous mewling womb dropping says ‘You’ll understand when you have one of your own. Quite infuriating. It’s just tinned meat, guys.
Sir, this is a McDonal-- hey, hey it's Yahtzee! It's me! Terry! From the bar!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to try to bring this meme back.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

I'm going to try to bring this meme back.

the normals on my twitter TL are still posting this one - it's still around.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't seen it on the forums in a coon's age.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ben! Ben! It's Marvin! Your cousin... Marvin Croshaw! You know that new game you were looking for? Well listen to THIS!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

epic gamers and sexy gamers girls all in one place celebrating the release of fallout 4, all happening a short tram ride from my front door??? my freakin wallet https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1099815000036793.1073741866.174234805928155&type=3

I don't have Facebook

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to go to the Capcom Cafe.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Ben! Ben! It's Marvin! Your cousin... Marvin Croshaw! You know that new game you were looking for? Well listen to THIS!

Lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Didn't his ex who introduced the hat to him post in fyad?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Hahaha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

GBS Nite Crew

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You post in FYAD? :D :D

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Do you think Yahtzee ever looks back on us and remembers YCS fondly?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't know, since we're not YCS.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Korthal posted:

Do you think Yahtzee ever looks back on us and remembers YCS fondly?

he made a post on his blog crying about not being able to post in ycs because he was famous now and everyone trolled him iirc

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He should have powered through and stuck around b/c I want to hear him talk really quickly about which tohos he did and did not just gently caress and possibly even if the poo poo in the Reddit thread is good today.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Kermit Sipping on some Tea meme is still relevant and doesnt need to be brought back, because it never went anywhere!! focus your efforts one something more productive please

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think it's good to use older memes... That's called a 'callback'.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I don't have Facebook

want a cookie?

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

so is this just a newgrounds game you have to pay $5 to play or what

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah. Scared?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

played the flash version, only thing worse than this 2005 newgrounds pos is that this personalityless chode will make money off of it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Agean90 posted:

played the flash version, only thing worse than this 2005 newgrounds pos is that this personalityless chode will make money off of it

You didn't know Yahtzee when he was a YCS superstar, I take it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

in another universe you might have a point.

In this universe he caracaturizes him self with a Fukken fedora

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

in another universe you might have a point.

In this universe he caracaturizes him self with a fukkeb fedora

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fukken autocorrect quote ain't edit fuuuuuck

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
:cripes:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That is one hell of a series of posts.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

this poo poo deveserrvs no better

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Keep in mind, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw was wearing a fedora several years before it got a bad rap...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

True though, i think a large aspect of why the hat became so infamous was probably because everyone watching, and loving his videos, and then trying the hat for themselves but so many people tried it, that it started to devalue fashionably. Anyway thats my thesis since right around when Yahtzee was blowing up, you started to see a lot more of the trilby/fedora fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Keep in mind, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw was wearing a fedora several years before it got a bad rap...

What was his response to the fedora becoming an unfairly maligned scapegoat hat?

• Locked thread