Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Keep in mind, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw was wearing a fedora several years before it got a bad rap...

What was his response to the fedora becoming an unfairly maligned scapegoat hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

True though, i think a large aspect of why the hat became so infamous was probably because everyone watching, and loving his videos, and then trying the hat for themselves but so many people tried it, that it started to devalue fashionably. Anyway thats my thesis since right around when Yahtzee was blowing up, you started to see a lot more of the trilby/fedora fashion.

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

What was his response to the fedora becoming an unfairly maligned scapegoat hat?

He kept on trucking as that image macro says.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell and who can blame the guy. I've always thought continuing to do something unpopular in defiance of bullshit societal shifts was awesome. Bonus points if you manage to pull off a sharp as gently caress swag look doing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Now then, I desperately am pleading for somebody to find the drawn picture of him making that face. Please... lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Found this awesome pic of In Training hanging out with Yahtzee. Google "Yahtzee Croshaw Fanart" if you think I just made that picture up.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Good for him, he's expressing himself in a unique way and refused to change and crumble to social pressure.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Hatters gonna Hat.

I'm mad about hats, anyone rememer this old meme.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I found this while trying to look for the picture I'm talking about, and it really sums up what I have to say about Yahtzee succinctly. Don't like him? I don't care... So gently caress you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I'm mad about hats, anyone rememer this old meme.

I wish you would post more often bro... But your probably having a hell of a time with Increasingly More Heavily Modded Fallout 4 lately so I forgive you.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I wish you would post more often bro... But your probably having a hell of a time with Increasingly More Heavily Modded Fallout 4 lately so I forgive you.

I dont think an AAA game has turned me off as quick as Fallout 4 did.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
And Skyrim taught me that mods won't fix it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
And I got suicidally depressed when noone posted about Age of Decadence in my thread.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I used to be accepting of off topic conversations but that really hosed me up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

And I got suicidally depressed when noone posted about Age of Decadence in my thread.

Last time I played it it was one of the most tedious first 15 minutes I ever played of anything which I was sad because Spambot had been hyping that game finally getting released for like 8 years.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry I derailed it with Bob Ross.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Last time I played it it was one of the most tedious first 15 minutes I ever played of anything which I was sad because Spambot had been hyping that game finally getting released for like 8 years.

I love it with all my heart, because it's just Roman Fallout.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Sorry I derailed it with Bob Ross.

It's ok.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Found this awesome pic of In Training hanging out with Yahtzee. Google "Yahtzee Croshaw Fanart" if you think I just made that picture up.

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Google "Yahtzee Croshaw Fanart" if you think I just made that picture up.

I will absolutely not be doing this. Cheers

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Google "Yahtzee Croshaw Fanart"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yeah actually they will