Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Blister posted:

What criteria allows the body to operate continuously without food with no weight loss?

Tell me

The body captures calories in the atmosphere through osmosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lay off the pop evolutionary psychology. That's ridiculous.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did a guy a page ago just compare counting calories to building a house. I think he did .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McDonalds is ridiculously expensive for what it is.

IMHO most people get fat on soda, snacks, booze and desserts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also American restaurant portions are just out of loving control. Cheesecake Factory portions are routine now it's a national disgrace.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My point was you all are demonizing fast food but it's all restaurants in the us that are a problem.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Most people are going to put sauce on that chicken rice broccoli meal.

Normal people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Right I know.

But what do you think normal people do.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ddraig posted:

It's a very complex situation with multiple variables, some of which may not even be tangentially related to tangentially related aspects most people would consider, and it has no real easy solutions.

"Eat less fatty" is a very easy answer that shifts the burden of responsibility for those many variables onto the fat person.

Uh. It is an obese persons responsibility to make sure they are not obese. It is not anyone else's.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Obese adults I should say.

Obese kids are the parents fault.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Series DD Funding posted:

What would have caused willpower to change then?

Culture has changed through various methods and has created a nation of emotional children with little maturity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Counting calories = "drastic changes to lifestyle".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ok yes I guess I did not state the assumption that you should eat a balanced diet when you count calories.

Man this is getting more and more like building a house!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You pay an extra percentage of income tax equal to the amount over your ideal bmi.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Larch posted:

Do we get deductions if we're under our ideal bmi?

No only moral satisfaction and the right to mock.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Like in fruit. Is fruit bad now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is my diet. Kale. Chicken breasts. Plain yogurt.

Are there any sinful things in there.

• Locked thread