Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Blister posted:

What criteria allows the body to operate continuously without food with no weight loss?

Tell me

Breatharianism.

endlessmonotony posted:

The problem is that your entire post is bullshit spoken from a position of privilege, aimed at blaming the marginalized for their own faults.
LAWL (reducing everything to a ~privilege~ issue is dumb and unhelpful unless your goal is mindless navel gazing at the cost of actual solutions)

quote:

.We have no evidence eating less works for losing weight. We have substantial evidence of the contrary. We DO have evidence that intentional overeating results in weight gain... that reverses itself as soon as you stop doing it. Meanwhile losing weight by diet and exercise has been clearly debunked repeatedly - it doesn't work on a societal scale, and it barely works on an individual scale - or frequently, it doesn't work at all, thanks to lipases being a bit fidgety.

We also have no evidence that weight loss helps with medical outcomes outside very specific cases. We DO have evidence that being overweight protects you from a variety of common health problems - consistent evidence, repeatedly challenged but never disproved. It's called the obesity paradox. It isn't a paradox.

We have evidence that being poor, sick and tired makes you fat.

And the rich and the privileged do nothing if not keen to find ways to blame the poor for their supposed shortcomings.
Wow look, an idiot took a look at a complicated issue and came up with a dumb and wrong conclusion :monocle:

"diets don't work as well as we expect they would", "making a fat person thin doesn't magically cure all their heart and kidney and whatever problems on its own" and "stress makes you overeat and become fat" doesn't mean the answer is to go crying about :byodood:Thin Privilege:byodood:, it means we should find out what makes people stay thin and finding out how to prevent people from becoming too fat in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

computer parts posted:

You're conflating health with losing weight. They're not the same thing. Losing weight is about the quantity of food you consume.

Yes. Skinnyfat people are a thing, and not great icons of health either.

• Locked thread