Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Corvinus posted:

Isn't the bio-availability of B12 supplements really loving low, sometimes even zero if it's the wrong kind of B12? Also, the body can only absorb so much B12 at a time and even working supplements end up with most of the B12 coming out the other end.

Vegans are dumb as gently caress.

Yep B12 is actually a good example here. In that the vast majority of supplement contain a cheap type of B12 which is pretty much useless. You actually have to read the label to see the type of the of B12. Most people don't even know that there are different types of B12 let alone what the chemical name to look for on the ingredient list. This is partly why supplements are misleading.

FSMC fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

SlipUp posted:

Ya well, we could also mention how much exercise he does.

But clearly exercise doesn't matter when it comes to wight, as agreed by most people in this thread. By looking at how much those athletes eat, that then means you can eat lots of food and not be fat. So obviously how much you exercise and eat have nothing to do with being fat. Being fat is just like err a magic thing that noone understands.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Trent posted:

I don't think you know how qualifications work.

Horsefeathers. If one substitutes a grilled chicken sandwich with mustard (for instance) with their previously consumed deep fried chicken sandwich with bacon and mayonnaise, an alarm doesn't go of telling them they still need to eat 500 calories, and they'd better find another source.

Most people who aren't explicitly and meticulously counting calories can do very well by themselves with simple replacements. See also: zero calorie beverages replacing sugar soda - one does not then uncontrollably eat spoonfuls of sugar to make up the difference.

Actually they do. In a blind test, in groups allowed to eat normally those that are given diet coke actually end up consuming more calories in total than those who had normal coke.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Series DD Funding posted:

What study was this?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=do+diet+drink+increase+cravings

meta has a few studies

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Trent posted:

Zero calorie beverages include tea, coffee, and this new invention you may not have heard of, I think it's called Wah-Terr.

The review you linked after being an rear end with the lmgtfy link is full of painful correlations like the first graph comparing artificial sweeteners with overweight in America, as though the increase in sweetener use might not be attributable to people noticing the obesity and doing something about it.

I wasn't specifically defending diet coke, but the data on it at best shows an increase in craving, which, if true, simple awareness may be sufficient to overcome. Artificial sweeteners are in no way the proximate cause of anyone's weight gain.

Yeh, sorry I read zero calorie as diet, my mistake.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Armani posted:

Can't. Doing the low-sodium diet right now

Just came back from a checkup, apparently my blood pressure is on the border, but they didn't think I had too much salt because I was thin. I have no idea how salt consumption relates to weight. They basically said because I was thin not to worry about it. Just because I was skinny-fat they ignored my heath needs. If I was not a skinny-fat I bet I would have got some good advice or help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

Cingulate posted:

Being wrong isn't illegal though.

Also, the thread is not about if it is better for your line to eat chicken breast and broccoli than pizza, but if we should "take thin privilege and health at any size more seriously".

Fishmesh doesn't believe what he is saying though. The issue isn't that he's stupid or wrong, it's that he thinks he's more intelligent than everyone and can out argue anyone whatever their position is. He is simply trolling, and the fact most people don't notice and argue with him, means he's pretty good at it..

And the thread clearly isn't about think privilege, it's clearly been about fishmesh for the last few pages

• Locked thread