Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please
I suppose I struggle with "fat acceptance" or whatever because I actually was obese at one point, 5'7" & 237 lbs (currently around 165 lbs now, still slightly overweight), and now I'm not anymore, because I made just a few changes to my diet and exercised/walked a tiny bit. One of the biggest things I did was simply to stop drinking soda, only low fat milk/water/black coffee. I swear to god I must have lost like 20+ lbs just not drinking sugar anymore. Lately I've cut out sugar/white flour completely and I feel so much better mentally and physically.

I am not a paragon of self control or motivation or whatever, in fact I'm kind of a huge gently caress up, but I just changed some habits, and I wasn't as disgusting anymore.

Like, you can't make one change, like not drinking soda anymore? Make one loving change! You will be less fat. You won't miss soda; soon you will be astonished at how the Coca Cola Corporation has normalized the drinking of sugar at every meal.

I guess I have a little bit of an I-did-it-why-can't-you attitude, which I realize is unattractive, but it's how I feel.

Reaganomicon fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please
Summary executions for people being caught drinking soda; I think you'd only have to do a few hundred, then people would learn.

• Locked thread