Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Odette
Mar 19, 2011

The official subtitles are terrible, I had to manually edit them to be ~700ms earlier. Even then, that didn't fix the overlapping issues (half a sentence would be on the next line, etc etc)

Other than that, it's shaping up to be a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Apparently the Mars books are being adapted into TV series (Red Mars, Green Mars, etc)

Sure is a good time for Sci-Fi. Here's hoping none of these production outfits gently caress anything good up.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

The subtitles on all of the releases so far, have had inconsistent timing.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

gohmak posted:

eposed wire dangling?

When I watched the episode, I thought the dude was getting high or something cause he just breathed out like a stoner.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

darnon posted:

I wish they wouldn't fall back so much on lighting/color correcting the whole scene in blue or purple.

It's not as bad as The Shannara Chronicles. Everything is over-saturated in this series. It's really bad.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

karrethuun posted:

I didn't care for Miller in the books. Miller in the show was incredible. I thought it was a great first season and I really hope it builds up some word of mouth and has a strong season 2.

Season 2 is slated for Q1 2017, so that's quite a wait. drat good first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

im going to murder all of you if this is what this thread is going to consist of for the next 12+ months

At least it's not like the Patrick Rothfuss thread. 99.9% of the posts were just shitposts berating Rothfuss over and over for being a lovely author. While valid, it gets old.

• Locked thread