Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Dubious posted:

Pickles was on an NFL Roster far longer than Christian Ponder-Steele

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Ozu posted:

@AlbertBreer
Patriots WR Danny Amendola will have an MRI later today to assess the knee injury he suffered last night.

We're going to lose to the loving Broncos :(

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Bob Morales posted:

quote:

‏@MikeGarafolo
Belief (read: hope) is nothing major but tests will tell the story.

Better safe than sorry I hope.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ozu posted:

@AlbertBreer
Patriots WR Danny Amendola will have an MRI later today to assess the knee injury he suffered last night.

Not entirely shocking. I wish they didn't have him still returning punts.

I'm assuming Aaron Dobson is done. He came in had a nice catch and immediately injured himself, which is his calling card.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bob Morales posted:

10-1 if true, a bloo bloo bloo. :qq:

Seriously, it's the most likely loss on the schedule, but it more depends on if the OL can get its poo poo together or not. Cannon and Vollmer came back but both looked like crap, hopefully just because they're rusty after missing so many games.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 24, 2015

Nov 6, 2002

I don't know if anyone mentioned it already, but Hughes was amazing last night for the Bills.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i love ryan pointing as if he's out of bounds like five feet in bounds.

sean10mm posted:

11-1 if true, a bloo bloo bloo. :qq:

Seriously, it's the most likely loss on the schedule, but it more depends on if the OL can get its poo poo together or not. Cannon and Vollmer came back but both looked like crap, hopefully just because they're rusty after missing so many games.

just kinda sucks everyone's injured because if they weren't they'd have number 1 offense and defense. and go 16-0.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

just kinda sucks everyone's injured because if they weren't they'd have number 1 offense and defense. and go 16-0.
:patssay:

lol @ Just Kinda Sucks

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ozu posted:

lol @ Just Kinda Sucks

Truly a LOST SEASON III - THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL situation.

Especially since all the linemen except Solder should be back by next week, and they should have Edelman back before the playoffs, and Jamie Collins should be back at some point soon too.

Really it's only "bad" in the short term... and they've already banked 10 friggin' wins, and most of the schedule going forward is garbage.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ozu posted:

lol @ Just Kinda Sucks

i did watch the team go 1-15 way back when. it'd be pretty cool to have the best season ever they already got four rings.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

i did watch the team go 1-15 way back when. it'd be pretty cool to have the best season ever they already got four rings.

We're a long, long way from the Rod Rust era, dude.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

never forget.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The only more spoiled fanbase in NFL history is the Niners of the 80s-90s. No one has any sympathy if you saw a bad team once when you were like 6.

@AdamSchefter
Pats now have won 10 or more games each of past 13 seasons, the 2nd-longest streak in NFL history; 49ers did it 16 straight seasons, 1983-98

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not spoiled if you earned it through suffering and grit.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah only being the #2nd best scoring offense (13pts. behind Arizona) really stings, especially since the team is the #1 scoring defense, not to mention that they are 2 games ahead of the next best team in the AFC.

Nov 6, 2002

"America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser"

Nov 6, 2002

Scoring defense is a dumb stat. Like, real dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

uh points are all that matters. it's how you win the football game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ozu posted:

The only more spoiled fanbase in NFL history is the Niners of the 80s-90s. No one has any sympathy if you saw a bad team once when you were like 6.

@AdamSchefter
Pats now have won 10 or more games each of past 13 seasons, the 2nd-longest streak in NFL history; 49ers did it 16 straight seasons, 1983-98

I think you are completely forgetting about the Dallas Cowboys of the early 90s because those people had it even easier than 49ers fans imo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's insane that KC's game plan works at all, much less enough to have them in the playoffs hunt. Is Smith still throwing everything behind the line?

Nov 6, 2002

Hope you'll ready for Super Bowl MVP Chris Harper.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GaussianCopula posted:

I really don't get this obsession with skin color/race you guys in the States seem to have. Like, I was listening to a podcast about Jessica Jones (the Netflix show) and they spend 30 minutes talking about the fact that it's awesome that Marvel has a show with a woman and a black guy as main characters. Is that really something people care about?

Europeans can be more racist but are more (self)segregated so it doesn't come up as much.

Ozu posted:

@AdamSchefter

But how many have they won without cheating? That's the true question.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

:allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

There's nothing worse than a proven winner still thinking they're the scrappy underdog.

The Pats think being bad way back when means they now deserve to be the best team in the history of football. And because they're a MA-based team, they have only two modes: Crushing depression and anger, or unbearable smugness.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

There's nothing worse than a proven winner still thinking they're the scrappy underdog.

The Pats think being bad way back when means they now deserve to be the best team in the history of football. And because they're a MA-based team, they have only two modes: Crushing depression and anger, or unbearable smugness.

The LOST SEASON poo poo over every inconvenience is insufferable and super dumb.

That's why I try to stay on an even keel... of constant smugness.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Well the refs were really bad...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shiksa posted:

i work at a notre dame bar in chicago
Is it The Irish Oak

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
NFL teams above .500 thru 10 games
2015 - 9
2014 - 17
2013 - 12
2012 - 14
2011 - 14
2010 - 14
2009 - 14
2008 - 16
2007 - 12
2006 - 13

23 bad teams.

Nov 6, 2002

Cam Newton is/was a Falcons fan.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Hope you'll ready for Super Bowl MVP Chris Harper.

oh yeah what happened to Martin?

Nov 6, 2002

WugLyfe posted:

Hamstring. They buried him at dawn.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WugLyfe posted:

Injured in practice, he was questionable leading into the game and inactivated.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Kalli posted:

Injured in practice, he was questionable leading into the game and inactivated.

I think you mean deactivated.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Truly a LOST SEASON III - THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL situation.

Especially since all the linemen except Solder should be back by next week, and they should have Edelman back before the playoffs, and Jamie Collins should be back at some point soon too.

Really it's only "bad" in the short term... and they've already banked 10 friggin' wins, and most of the schedule going forward is garbage.

Collins probably won't play again this year in any meaningful capacity.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

shiksa posted:

i work at a notre dame bar in chicago, what is the best course of action for getting jimmy clausen to make an appearance on saturday since he won't be busy?

Is it The Irish Oak

Or is it O'Shaughnessy's?

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Scoring defense is a dumb stat. Like, real dumb.

Measuring defense entirely by yards is even stupider tho.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

GaussianCopula posted:

I think you mean deactivated.

Unactivated
Misactivated
Disactivated

N: 2 game win streak
V: the Leos are going to the super bowl

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Collins probably won't play again this year in any meaningful capacity.

I would hope the weight he lost is mostly water weight - I don't think it's physically possible to lose 20+lbs of muscle in 14 days. Unless he has MRSA or something it's hard to believe he won't at the very least be healthy again by the end of the regular season.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

fsif posted:

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
NFL teams above .500 thru 10 games
2015 - 9
2014 - 17
2013 - 12
2012 - 14
2011 - 14
2010 - 14
2009 - 14
2008 - 16
2007 - 12
2006 - 13

23 bad teams.

I think it's less that there are a lot of bad teams this year as it is that there are fewer truly and completely awful teams. For much of the league to be above .500 there needs to be a few teams that everyone beat up on. This year a lot of teams are trading wins between each other instead of dumping on three or four 1-9 teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

NC-17 posted:

I would hope the weight he lost is mostly water weight - I don't think it's physically possible to lose 20+lbs of muscle in 14 days. Unless he has MRSA or something it's hard to believe he won't at the very least be healthy again by the end of the regular season.

Yeah, he was reported to be over the illness last week. I don't know how fast he can get into playing shape, and what the illness even was hasn't been disclosed, but expecting him back by week 17 at least seems plausible right now.

• Locked thread