Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

And just when I think Chip's wild ride can't get no wilder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

JFF is active tonight, which apparently is a thing because the Browns normally don't dress their 3rd string QB

This is one of those things you'd say to yourself "Only the Browns would do that", and yep

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

shyduck posted:

JFF is active tonight, which apparently is a thing because the Browns normally don't dress their 3rd string QB

This is one of those things you'd say to yourself "Only the Browns would do that", and yep

The true Garbageball outcome would be him throwing the winning TD.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

@jeffphowe: The Patriots cut Chris Harper, whose muffed punt yesterday started the Broncos' comeback.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

@jeffphowe: The Patriots cut Chris Harper, whose muffed punt yesterday started the Broncos' comeback.
lol

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

:dunkedon:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Giants' guard Geoff Schwartz to IR with a broken leg, not surprising.

Saw this posted elsewhere re: Schwartz - In his 4 years before coming here he was active in 61 of 64 games with 26 starts. In the last two years he's been active and started 13 of 32 games and really hasn't been healthy in any of them.

The Giants' starting offensive line starting the year and where they stand now:

RT: Will Beatty - IR - did not play a snap this year
RG: Geoff Schwartz - IR
C: Weston Richburg - out with high ankle sprain - missed last 2 weeks, probably more
LG: Justin Pugh - out for multiple games with concussion that only is getting worse as time passes - hosed.
LT: Ereck Flowers - incredibly raw rookie who has been playing with an injured ankle, but actually playing, which is better than the other 4.

football owns

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Bill Belichick is literally running out of receiving options and he cuts the dude. Goddamn.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spoeank posted:

Bill Belichick is literally running out of receiving options and he cuts the dude. Goddamn.

had to create a scapegoat for every drunk idiot in boston who sees one loss as the end of an era.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I would guess this also means Amendola is going to play in the Eagles game.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
Rob Gronkowski not expected to play Sun vs. Eagles, per sources. Likely to miss multiple weeks; return date will be a pain tolerance issue.

Leave him in styrofoam until January.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 1, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Pats really should bring Randy Moss around for one final spin imo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I know it's just some assistant coach or team person calling Chris Harper and saying "Hey you've been cut, come clear your stuff out and sign papers," but since it happened the way it did I hope the Patriots brought him into some dark room, men in hoodies holding candles and footballs chanting something. "You have failed Bill. Your time is done. You are dead to us" as they blow out the candles.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

I would guess this also means Amendola is going to play in the Eagles game.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
Rob Gronkowski not expected to play Sun vs. Eagles, per sources. Likely to miss multiple weeks; return date will be a pain tolerance issue.

That's considerably worse than earlier reports, but as long as he is good by the playoffs who gives a poo poo.

Nov 6, 2002

Well I mean they could lose four games and miss the playoffs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Well I mean they could lose four games and miss the playoffs.

They could lose every game and they'd still make the playoffs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh man there are conflicting reports on gronkowski's injury?

when does he get staph and miss most of next year as well?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

oh man there are conflicting reports on gronkowski's injury?

when does he get staph and miss most of next year as well?

It's not conflicting. He's got a bone bruise, which to internet commenters everywhere means play you pussy, but to anyone who's had a bone bruise before means see you in a month.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also to anyone who felt a rumbling, there's now 150 days until the NFL draft.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

They could lose every game and they'd still make the playoffs.

Oh man I forget how there are like twenty teams with five or six wins this year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Bad Moon posted:

Living in Pennsylvania seems to be more of a punishment than Tennessee

Also lol Seahawks fans are saying with Graham out maybe now Bevell will not feel so much pressure to use him and can open up the offense. How poo poo are you at your job if you can't incorporate an all world pass catching tight end.

Philly is pretty much the only place in PA that's ugly and sucks. Everywhere else is green and idyllic. Its topography and weather are very similar to the PNW hth

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Oh man I forget how there are like twenty teams with five or six wins this year.

Yeah, in the AFC, there's the Chiefs, Texans, Steelers and Jets at 6 wins, and while you probably trip over yourself to put the Steelers into the playoffs, they still have to play the Colts, Broncos and all 3 divisional road games.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Philly is pretty much the only place in PA that's ugly and sucks. Everywhere else is green and idyllic. Its topography and weather are very similar to the PNW hth

Except for the biting cold and snow

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, in the AFC, there's the Chiefs, Texans, Steelers and Jets at 6 wins, and while you probably trip over yourself to put the Steelers into the playoffs, they still have to play the Colts, Broncos and all 3 divisional road games.

If Antwonn Blake doesn't get benched soon, the Steelers will miss the playoffs

BabeLiker90 posted:

Ohnoes. It barely snows anymore with global warming and all. It was 60 today.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

BabeLiker90 posted:

It's pretty cold in Portland right now and also there might be like 1/4" of snow which will grind the city to a halt. edit: nope I guess that was this morning and it never hit the city RIP snow day

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

shyduck posted:

The planes hit each other

And crash land on an island in the Twilight Zone. They're the only survivors and Mariotta has permanently lost his memory.

Chip now has all the time in the world with the one thing he truly desired but it's all for nothing.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Schwack posted:

It's pretty cold in Portland right now and also there might be like 1/4" of snow which will grind the city to a halt. edit: nope I guess that was this morning and it never hit the city RIP snow day

Lol at cities who aren't prepared for snow

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

shyduck posted:

I want McCown and Davis to play so bad that Pettine has no choice but to put JFF in. JFF then leads the scrappiest comeback of all time and TFF explodes.

Also, I want a million dollars, a Lambo, and some hot celebrity wife.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Metapod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaksWCnHaDM

Winter_In_Portland.mp4

It gets good at about 40 seconds.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kalli posted:

Also to anyone who felt a rumbling, there's now 150 days until the NFL draft.

ESPN's newest mock draft is over 6 months old

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod posted:

Lol at cities where it snows

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Schwack posted:

Winter_In_Portland.mp4

I moved back from Portland literally a week before that happened. Whew.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://m.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2015/11/30/disastrous-cleveland-browns-season-was-set-up-to-fail-from-the-start

quote:

One year ago, Mike Pettine puffed a fat cigar outside the tunnel of the Georgia Dome dressed in a sharp suit and an orange tie.
Red-faced with elation following the last-second win, team owner Jimmy Haslam greeted his first-year head coach with a warm embrace and his booming southern accent. Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and starting quarterback Brian Hoyer soon followed, both worker-bees with team-issued tablets in their hands. Pettine smiled.

The Browns had just beaten the Atlanta Falcons 26-24 to improve to 7-4 and the mood on the team plane ride back was giddy. Whispers of the playoffs were traveling up and down the aisles.
One year later, the walls are crumbling inside the team facility for the 2-8 Browns as an exhausted head coach and an unfit general manager stumble their way through the wreckage. The increasingly likely trip to the guillotine for the duo can be traced in part to the roles played by two ticking time bombs that have sabotaged the season and created a domino effect for the dying regime in Cleveland. And there’s a strong chance that the two players in question — both of the Cleveland Browns’ first round draft picks from 2014 — will not be with the team come 2016 either, no matter who is in charge of personnel decisions.

quote:

Sources say key members of the organization — people who might’ve been able to red flag him — did not physically meet Gilbert until after he was drafted. And those that did file scouting reports on Gilbert’s work ethic extolling his passion for football were completely wrong on their detailed research. If you remember correctly, this was also during the offseason when Farmer mocked the pro day process by skipping nearly all of them.

quote:

Two prominent Browns defensive players recently read a transcript of Gilbert's graceless and unprofessional interview with reporters this fall about his promotion to kick returner and complained directly to me.

“He just doesn’t get what the NFL is about. At all,” said one veteran. “How could they miss this badly?” said another about the front office.

quote:

Healthy scratches are the norm for Gilbert. The team realized they had reached the point of no return during a game in the middle of last season. The cornerback missed the mandatory team bus at 10:30 a.m. and had to be frantically located by the Browns security team. Gilbert showed up shortly after noon. One teammate nearly had to be restrained, his anger bubbling as Gilbert stood there smiling, eating candy.

Nov 6, 2002

Schwack posted:

Winter_In_Portland.mp4

The description of that video described the intersection as having steep hills, so I street viewed it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...4ea9119!6m1!1e1

:what:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks are saying Graham will be ready for the start of the 2016 season.

Uh yeah... sure.

Nov 6, 2002

Jerod Mayo had surgery on his patellar tendon last season (October) and he's playing "ok". Some hope.

What's eating Gilbert?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Schwack posted:

Winter_In_Portland.mp4

Lol

Spoeank posted:

Snow owns

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Lol

Snow owns

Snow owns when you have the option of getting away from it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

Snow owns

:hfive:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As a companion piece to this, there's two great articles about Joe Thomas on the MMQB site from a month or so back about dealing with the adversity and having to learn new systems every year that's really depressing to read.

God damnit I hate the Browns front office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Spoeank posted:

Snow's good.

• Locked thread