Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

for a moment I thoguth I was looking at the OP of the infinite award thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm glad you're finally looking for someone BBG.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm glad you're finally looking for someone BBG.

It's time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rip widestancer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

I used to play a lot of Subspace on my family's Pentium 90 and 33k modem.

MiF
Nov 29, 2004

qnqnx posted:

It was, and zero inertia sucks rear end because of not being able to move in one direction while shooting in another
it was neat that ferrying people in the zero inertia ships paid out more because they were transparent mind ships and it looked cool.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Kingdom Hearts.

came here to post this

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I remember liking Starlancer

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

I really enjoyed Solar Winds for DOS back in the day. And Star Control II / Ur-Quan Masters.

I have been trying to remember the name of this game for years, I played the absolute poo poo out of this when I was a kid

trying to jack off posted:

solar winds was a perfect example of a shareware game with front loaded content

yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rogue squadron 2 takes the cake

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that loving mission where you're gonna assault the Ep6 death star and it fires on one of your cruisers, then you turn around and what you thought were little stars everywhere are actually loving tie fighters and its just utter insanity. best

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like that in battlefront 2, if you dont like space dogfighting you could board the enemy's spaceship and destroy the stuff from inside

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

that loving mission where you're gonna assault the Ep6 death star and it fires on one of your cruisers, then you turn around and what you thought were little stars everywhere are actually loving tie fighters and its just utter insanity. best
That mission owned. The whole game owned

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und

Antillese posted:

I used to play a lot of Subspace on my family's Pentium 90 and 33k modem.

This. The server I played on had a guy named Million Man Orgy, all he did was hang out by the greens and neg kill. He had his own secret frequency that we never found. Even if you went back to duel him when you were at full power, Million Man Orgy would always beat you, because he was the best player on the server. I only ever saw him speak in chat once. I asked him, Million Man Orgy, how do you sleep at night? He said, I use your momma's tits as pillows.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I agree with the person who said X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. If you like a mission-based thing.

I also really liked Privateer 2, but mostly because the live action video storyline was simultaneously awesome and hilariously bad.

And the original Elite had the most fun control system and radar.

Soral
May 30, 2009

star wars galaxies - jump to lightspeed expansion

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Fat Care-Bear posted:

I like that in battlefront 2, if you dont like space dogfighting you could board the enemy's spaceship and destroy the stuff from inside

Or do both.

Battlefront II loving rules.

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

TresTristesTigres posted:

This. The server I played on had a guy named Million Man Orgy, all he did was hang out by the greens and neg kill. He had his own secret frequency that we never found. Even if you went back to duel him when you were at full power, Million Man Orgy would always beat you, because he was the best player on the server. I only ever saw him speak in chat once. I asked him, Million Man Orgy, how do you sleep at night? He said, I use your momma's tits as pillows.

That's fair. Tough, but fair.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

i used to play so much of the original rogue squadrons that when i replayed the game using gog, some of the music/voice clips gave me flashbacks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's Freespace 2.

Rogue Leader was real good though.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Star Wars Rebel Squadron

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'm glad someone thought ahead to the year 2069

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Charge your loving phone

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Unguided posted:

An inertialess manticore in heavily modded Nova kicks rear end though.

Ion particle cannons ftw

MiF posted:

it was neat that ferrying people in the zero inertia ships paid out more because they were transparent mind ships and it looked cool.

It was, but being locked to those mind ships sucked rear end

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Charge your loving phone

Done

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

*hops in black 1969 buick convertible* buckle up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Looper posted:

*hops in black 1969 buick convertible* buckle up
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Buick

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

rogue squadron 2 takes the cake

i played the poo poo out of 1 as a kid but never got around to this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

omfg...please play it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

01011001 posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005QDPZ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rogue squadron 3 is skippable but RS2 is probably the best game the GC had. to this day i still dont know how the gently caress it ran on it

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

omfg...please play it

ok

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

rogue squadron 3 is skippable but RS2 is probably the best game the GC had. to this day i still dont know how the gently caress it ran on it

It was a launch title and was still one of the best looking games on the system period

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RS3 is still worth it because there are a few really good missions and it has the entire first game's campaign in 2 player co-op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

RS3 is still worth it because there are a few really good missions and it has the entire first game's campaign in 2 player co-op

it has some cool missions but it also has on-foot missions that make star fox assault look great

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The answer is spore's space stage :twisted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

RS3 is still worth it because it has the entire second* game's campaign in 2 player co-op

This alone is reason enough

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Looper posted:

This alone is reason enough
Oh yeah I dunno why I put first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The best part of Rogue Leader was the bonus missions where you get to play as Vader

• Locked thread