Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am fine with people just posting threads. Those sorts of threads will get a lot of traffic when they're happening and drop off when they're not, which is fine.

But what will happen when the forums runs out of it's allotted thread count? No new threads ever again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

But what will happen when the forums runs out of it's allotted thread count? No new threads ever again :(
We'll have to delete GBS to make room.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

We'll have to delete GBS to make room.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Can we delete Pet Island and TCC too while we're at it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ekster posted:

Actually I love cute kittens and drugs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really read the blizzard subforum at all because most of the people are really annoying, it reminds me of a lovely Games D&D

its not Incoherence's fault at all, im sure he does what he can

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously tho you guys make threads if you think something needs to have a thread

you wont get probated

ive made so many dumb threads and nothing has happened to me

i had to post like 4 pages of anime gifs in the star citizen thread recently to get a 6 hour probation

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ekster posted:

I have no opinion on pet island and TCC is all about harm reduction :laffo: .

codenameFANGIO posted:

Actually I love cute kittens and drugs.

"Cute Kittens and Drugs" is going to be my band's new name. Thank you.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Zurreco posted:

I posted this last year as well:

Whenever something going on is not discussion based and more interaction based, like watching a speedrunning charity event or watching EVO, is it worth having a subforum built for that? It seems like an easier way to draw attention to those events for people who are already there to peruse other games' events. And it shifts some of the redundant megathreads apart (ie the two huge DOTA2 threads: one for the game itself and one for watching pro matches).

Just a thought.

whenever these things come up, i typically stick them and that's been more than enough for visibility and interaction. i left that final fantasy fiesta thread stuck for like 2 months and from what i hear it was a pretty good success as far as forums activity goes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

The soccer forum is just a bunch of people pretending to be British and saying You wot mate? Phwoar what a strike. for 28 hours every weekend. So I don't see how an eSports forum would be any different except everyone would pretending to be black.

N-Word Daigo stole the arcade stick

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Kewpuh posted:

whenever these things come up, i typically stick them and that's been more than enough for visibility and interaction. i left that final fantasy fiesta thread stuck for like 2 months and from what i hear it was a pretty good success as far as forums activity goes.

I meant it more like "I'm here for EVO, I wonder if there are any comparable event threads going on," but I digress. It was just an idea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think the thing to do would be to just encourage people to make threads for specific events instead of liveposting about norcal brawl or whatever in the 500000 page fg thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

i think the thing to do would be to just encourage people to make threads for specific events instead of liveposting about norcal brawl or whatever in the 500000 page fg thread

i still talk to people who, for whatever reason, think they'll get probated for making a topic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remember when you'd get probated when you had the first post of a new page and didn't edit your post to have a picture or be longer or something

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

remember when you'd get probated when you had the first post of a new page and didn't edit your post to have a picture or be longer or something

im pretty sure I remember seeing people get probate for not using caps or using things like 'lol'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eonwe posted:

im pretty sure I remember seeing people get probate for not using caps or using things like 'lol'
lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've never been probated. Someone help me out here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Looper posted:

I've never been probated. Someone help me out here

mods?????

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also if you want to be probated just go to D&D and don't parrot what the D&D superstars say

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Which forum do i go to if I don't need to hear about what's going on with D&D

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hmm i dont know but i guess not this one

ok later

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Eonwe posted:

I was probated for talking about NBA 2k14 microtransactions in the xbone thread, not because it was off topic, but because I mentioned I had the (identical) ps4 version.

edit: recent moderation has been great though

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 28, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

resistentialism posted:

Which forum do i go to if I don't need to hear about what's going on with D&D

Post like a rational human being in the LP subforum but forget a punctuation mark.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

i had to post like 4 pages of anime gifs in the star citizen thread recently to get a 6 hour probation
On the other hand, maybe probating you is like trying to penetrate IS-7, and half of the time it's ricochet?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

This was how I met Kewpuh, briefly after my registration.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh once probated me for three days, and according to the Three-Fold Law of the Wiccan faith, he will one day be probated for nine days.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Back in the day just typing the word 'lulz' in your post was grounds for a ban ironic or not

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
SA in general is a lot better now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Back in the day just typing the word 'lulz' in your post was grounds for a ban ironic or not

we don't do "lulz" here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SA used to have this huge, childish superiority complex to the rest of the internet, based off that time we owned some random 12-year-old in an IRC chat, mostly by making them confused about weird memes we made up on the spot.

You can still kinda see that sentiment floating around with all the whining about tumblr or reddit or whatever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also in goon guilds when people unironically use pubbie as an insult

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

People forget that during the times that those rules and other don't post like poo poo rules were in effect was SA's height of popularity. So instead of just one Eonwe posting, every other poster was posting "lol fags" or "first post" leading to threads filled with poo poo at lightning speed effectively killing them before there was a chance.

Lax moderation works really well because Eonwe is a unique flower right now :angel:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Also in goon guilds when people unironically use pubbie as an insult

This is especially hilarious because most pubbies are better than goons.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nasgate posted:

This is especially hilarious because most pubbies are better than goons.
Depends on the game. I think I yet have to play one with goons where majority would be worse than the grey mass of players.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Blister posted:

People forget that during the times that those rules and other don't post like poo poo rules were in effect was SA's height of popularity. So instead of just one Eonwe posting, every other poster was posting "lol fags" or "first post" leading to threads filled with poo poo at lightning speed effectively killing them before there was a chance.

Lax moderation works really well because Eonwe is a unique flower right now :angel:

Sincere lol if eonwe's posting is offensive to you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Sincere lol if eonwe's posting is offensive to you.

well 20 people trying to be him in a single thread could get pretty obnoxious, that is kind of the problem in imp zone right now where instead of people just posting whatever pops into their heads first they try to ape whomever is getting the most empty quotes recently

they inevitably do it badly

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imp Zone is so much better, funnier, and more creative than anything that is ever posted in Games, and whenever people try to be like "Imp Zone sucks so hard" they are inevitably some of the least interesting posters here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's honestly embarrassing how badly people own themselves trying to be like "ugh Imp Zone is so lame."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
What Coolguye said

Eonwe owns because s\he's funny and relaxed

• Locked thread