Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh sets the direction for the forum, but I'm also happy to talk to anyone who has things to say about Games. Feel free to PM me, as well as about thread titles, tags, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

For my part, I'd love to see some more threads that aren't for specific games, but obviously most of the discussion is going to be people talking about the games they are currently playing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I still honestly think it's kind of weird and unnecessary to have two Fallout 4 threads because at this point they're practically identical.
All the posters in one of the threads are extremely stable.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gangnam reference posted:

i made fun of his r/girlgamers friend recruitment post once so he tried to doxx me then moved on to this, sorry kewpuh
I'm glad to finally have this explained.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

That bullet point was a whole lot cooler when I thought it was one person reporting every post in the DOTA thread that made an Oppa Gangnam Style joke.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Games might be the most easily trolled forum outside of D&D, and if we banned everyone who made someone sad there would only be two posters left: me and the OP of the Soccer Spirits thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't have a problem with PYF threads.

And no, Ettin is the sole mod of TG and the Game Room.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

w-w-what?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe sassy!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Though to be honest, I don't read very many threads so, on this as on pretty much every topic, I might be full of poo poo.
Very few threads stand out as exceptionally good or bad, most are very focused on their respective games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

All games threads are normal, neutral, or medium at very best. Sorry but its just the truth, and I dont know if theres a solution.
Like a McDonald's drive-thru, they are consistent and predictable.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

can we get triss vs yen gang tags. i'm a yen man by the way
Absolutely not under any circumstances.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mod-created gang tags aren't really a thing anymore but if you want to attach them to your own avatars go ahead I guess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Why not move the PYF Little Things In Games & PYF Dragging This Game Down threads from PYF to here?
Because those threads are fine in PYF, and it would be weird to not let PYF talk about games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Thanks for undoing the worst thing I've ever done, FAU, which was inviting Cabbagepots back to the forums.
Of course... the Brazilian anime pervert maked this happen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

How many hilarious jokey meme type things do I have to post to become a mod?
U mad?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam has said that exact same thing like four times now. He is very angry that the bad meme jokes man is moderator.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

That was a quick response, are you spawn camping this thread?
U... mad?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm the giant pants from the old Subway ads.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jared and I were NOT friends.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ekster posted:

Have you grown mad with power yet, FactsAreUseless?
I said "Blunderfail" to the Undertale thread, does that count?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And I made them draw me a picture of a Wonder Quail.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What the--?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I heard that Stux is the lead singer of Modest Mouse IRL.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

A suggestion for the Holiday weekend: would it be possible to sticky all the threads full of details about deals and discounts. Or make a single post with links to all of them and sticky that for awareness. For the frugal gamers.
If someone wants to start a general holiday sale listing thread I'll stick it, but I don't want to stick like four threads.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zurreco posted:

I posted this last year as well:

Whenever something going on is not discussion based and more interaction based, like watching a speedrunning charity event or watching EVO, is it worth having a subforum built for that? It seems like an easier way to draw attention to those events for people who are already there to peruse other games' events. And it shifts some of the redundant megathreads apart (ie the two huge DOTA2 threads: one for the game itself and one for watching pro matches).

Just a thought.
I am fine with people just posting threads. Those sorts of threads will get a lot of traffic when they're happening and drop off when they're not, which is fine.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

I don't really get why there's still a blizzard subforum
It generates more reports than every other Games subforum combined and Incoherence is a martyred saint.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am in favor of Games-related photoshop or whatever creative threads, if people make them I will encourage them. Let's just keep it good-GBS instead of bad-GBS.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

But what will happen when the forums runs out of it's allotted thread count? No new threads ever again :(
We'll have to delete GBS to make room.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

We'll have to delete GBS to make room.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh once probated me for three days, and according to the Three-Fold Law of the Wiccan faith, he will one day be probated for nine days.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imp Zone is so much better, funnier, and more creative than anything that is ever posted in Games, and whenever people try to be like "Imp Zone sucks so hard" they are inevitably some of the least interesting posters here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's honestly embarrassing how badly people own themselves trying to be like "ugh Imp Zone is so lame."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

holy poo poo!
That man... he has the power to change the words of another?! I-impossible! His technique... it's the most GBS I've ever seen!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

also I always read black baby goku as baby black goku and inevitably think of ribs
P. sure this is racist.

• Locked thread