Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I posted this last year as well:

Whenever something going on is not discussion based and more interaction based, like watching a speedrunning charity event or watching EVO, is it worth having a subforum built for that? It seems like an easier way to draw attention to those events for people who are already there to peruse other games' events. And it shifts some of the redundant megathreads apart (ie the two huge DOTA2 threads: one for the game itself and one for watching pro matches).

Just a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Its more like SGDQ, AGDQ, EVO, ESL, all LOL/DOTA/CSGO pro threads, etc etc.

As more games start having pro leagues with streams, do you want more threads in games or a separate listing?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Coolguye posted:

to be real though, i tend to laugh all day when people say 'DO WE NEED A NEW THREAD/FORUM FOR X?' brother if you actually need a thread/subforum for x there won't be a question.

I mean, do you really think that Blizzard games need their own subforum? Move WoW to MMO and all you have is HotS, Diablo, Overwatch, and Starcraft.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Kewpuh posted:

whenever these things come up, i typically stick them and that's been more than enough for visibility and interaction. i left that final fantasy fiesta thread stuck for like 2 months and from what i hear it was a pretty good success as far as forums activity goes.

I meant it more like "I'm here for EVO, I wonder if there are any comparable event threads going on," but I digress. It was just an idea.

• Locked thread