Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey GBS, it's been awhile. Look, I've been busy, you've been busy, people have been declaring how gay they are but I think it's time we get back to exchanging some lovely mix CDs. Okay? Okay.

So all you need to do here is sign up and you will randomly matched with someone. You will get their info and send them a CD full of whatever music you want to subject them to. In return they will hopefully do the same. If you're feeling nice you might tell them what you thought of the mix and they might do the same. It's all pretty simple really. Now there's nothing I can actually do to enforce any of this so you are trusting your fellow goons here. Still, at worst you'll be out a few bucks for blank CDs and postage. If that's not something you can afford to lose, it probably isn't a good idea to sign up.

SIGNUPS ARE OVER

Here is the list (the number next to the name is what page the post with their info is on

cthulusnewzulubbq (1) and Surfer Rosa Parks (2)
BrendianaJones (2) and Double Agent (2)
Shnakepup (1) and Jukeboxblues (1)
Shnakepup (1) and Pinechild (2)
Shnakepup (1) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
Y-Hat (1) and My Lovely Horse (1)
docbeard (1) and BabyRyoga (2)
docbeard (1) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
docbeard (1) and Double Agent (2)
Nyagato (1)and Double Agent (2)
Nyagato (1) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
Nyagato (1) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
Mowglis Haircut (2) and My Lovely Horse (1)
runchild (2) and Tendai (1)
runchild (2) and Pinechild (2)
Inco (2) and Tendai (1)
Inco (2) and Jukeboxblues (1)
Rexroom (2) and BabyRyoga (2)
Rexroom (2) and axleblaze (1)
Rexroom (2) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
BrendianaJones (2) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
Haifisch (2) and BrendianaJones (2)
Haifisch (2) and FadingChord (2)
Haifisch (2) and Y-Hat (1)
axleblaze (1) and FadingChord (2)
cthulusnewzulubbq (1) and FadingChord (2)

If there are any problems let me know. I took one less than I said I would to make it all come out even, so if anyone is late, I'll take em. Also it's pretty likely you've been matched with some of these people before if you've been doing these for awhile because of how small the response was this time so just try and make something new and different!

Here's a few more thing copy/pasted from the last thread:

There is no rule for what you put on the CDs. It is preferred that you try and put lesser known artists or lesser known songs by well known artists but there's also not a thing in the world that can happen to you don't. Still, keep in mind that part of the point of this is to get your musical horizons expanded. Also, you can send file CDs if you want BUT you need to have at least one audio CD as well.

Try and make sure you're mix is mostly listenable to the average person. I'm not saying you can't put some horrible anime themes or unlistenable noise metal on your CD if you really want, but try and balance it out a bit. Still, as I said, if you ignore this, there's not a drat thing anyone can do about it.

You can send someone as many mixes as you want, but just expect one CD in return. That's all that's required. Don't feel mad because you sent someone five mixes and you only got one back. Also people tend to send the same mixes to all their partners. Don't get mad because you didn't get your own special unique snowflake mix.

Nice CD art is encouraged but not required. All you need to provide is a CD and track listing (and for the love of god make sure it's readable). After that, it's all up to you.

Just to reiterate, I added the review option so people who write reviews of the CDs get reviews back. Please, only opt for the review option if you are sure you're willing to write one. It's only fair.

You can also post about your own mixes when you send them out, but try to wait for your partner to get them first. In general try not to post about what you're putting in your mixes until they've gone out. It's always better if it's a surprise. On that note, don't request people send you/avoid sending you a particular genre of music. The point of this is to expand you're musical horizons. You might think you hate all metal/rap/country/polka/tuvan throat singing but maybe in some mix someone will send you a song that changes everything. Even if that doesn't happen, don't post about what music you'd like/wouldn't like to receive because we just don't care.

I think that covers everything. If I left anything out, just tell me and I'll update the OP. If you have any question, I or someone else will do our best to answer you. So until then submit your information, discuss the fine art of mix making and maybe even throw in some late reviews that you forgot to put up in the last thread.

Here's my info
worseorbetter@gmail.com
USA
I'll do int.
I'll do reviews.
No

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I can make no assurances you won't get a cd full of computer destroying identity stealing viruses. Sorry.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That wouldn't really be in the spirit of this thing, now would it?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:ohdear: this is not going well at all so far. I probably should of bumped this earlier in the weekend but too late for that now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

OP: Take an oath, right now, that even if only 4 whole people sign up for this, that you absolutely go ahead with the plan. Its even funnier that way

I make no such promises.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Bumpin for the weekend.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Still a tepid response so far. I finally got around to digging up the old e-mail list so that might get some more people but we'll see. If it doesn't pick up I'll just see if the people that have signed up so far want to go forward with it anyways.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I feel my job will be much easier this time around,

Also google refused to sent out the e-mails because it thought it was spam and I'm not sure how to get around that...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I did some stuff that might have given me a virus but I sent out e-mails again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BabyRyoga posted:

How do we get the word out to get more people here to sign up? Maybe make a post in some other sub forums that either deal with music, or creative endeavors?

If you want to do something, I won't object but I've also done all I'm gonna do.

This turnout does make me question the future of this. I waited so long to do this again because I figured this just isn't the type of thing new GBS does all that much these days. The return of some old staples like SASS made me think there might be some interest but I think even that got a much lower response rate than it used to. I've thought about moving it to NMD but frankly even though that might more interest the regular user base there, the user base is so small these days that I can't imagine the response being all that much greater. Ah well, we'll see how this goes and we'll go from there. I'll certainly work harder this time around on my mixes because the chances that I'll get someone that has already hear most of my regular tracks is pretty high this time around.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One last bump before I close sign ups sometime tomorrow.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There's no hard deadline. Just communicate with your partner and try to get them out within a reasonable time. I mean it's the holiday season so if you're swamped right now I don't think your parter would care if you couldn't get stuff out immediately.

Anyways, I have work today but I'll make the matches when I get home this evening so anyone that wants to sign up has until then.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
SIGNUPS ARE OVER

Here is the list (the number next to the name is what page the post with their info is on

cthulusnewzulubbq (1) and Surfer Rosa Parks (2)
BrendianaJones (2) and Double Agent (2)
Shnakepup (1) and Jukeboxblues (1)
Shnakepup (1) and Pinechild (2)
Shnakepup (1) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
Y-Hat (1) and My Lovely Horse (1)
docbeard (1) and BabyRyoga (2)
docbeard (1) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
docbeard (1) and Double Agent (2)
Nyagato (1)and Double Agent (2)
Nyagato (1) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
Nyagato (1) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
Mowglis Haircut (2) and My Lovely Horse (1)
runchild (2) and Tendai (1)
runchild (2) and Pinechild (2)
Inco (2) and Tendai (1)
Inco (2) and Jukeboxblues (1)
Rexroom (2) and BabyRyoga (2)
Rexroom (2) and axleblaze (1)
Rexroom (2) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
BrendianaJones (2) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
Haifisch (2) and BrendianaJones (2)
Haifisch (2) and FadingChord (2)
Haifisch (2) and Y-Hat (1)
axleblaze (1) and FadingChord (2)
cthulusnewzulubbq (1) and FadingChord (2)

If there are any problems let me know. I took one less than I said I would to make it all come out even, so if anyone is late, I'll take em. Also it's pretty likely you've been matched with some of these people before if you've been doing these for awhile because of how small the response was this time so just try and make something new and different!

Now get contacting your partners via e-mail or PM or whatever

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sorry about that. I'm not sure how that happened. Since I'm short one you can partner with me and if someone else wants another partner it comes in late you can take them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm also still putting the finishing touches on my mixes and I'm not sure when they'll get out but I'll get em out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just want to apologize to my partners. I've been very busy lately and still haven't completed my mixes. I'll try and get them out next week.

• Locked thread