Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
I lamed out suicidesteve 2-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

1/2 after using my superhuman ability to not ever draw lands, mulling to 4 and never finding a 2nd land and dying to double Nature's Claim after I finally drew a Sol Ring game 3. Trying not to overextend into a Wrath game 2 cost me the game.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
archentron or PJ Omega, do you want to play a match anyways? I'd like to test out my deck. Thursday night would work best for me but other nights might work

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Please feel free to change your deck up until you play your first round. Once you've played your first round, your decklist is locked.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

pussy snorkel find me on irc I'm on all the time

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

pussy snorkel beats me 2-0, turns out that bad play and building a bad deck are not a pro combination

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

cheetah7071 posted:

I am definitely not in, I just posted in the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Cool I have a bye to finish my deck

little munchkin posted:

archentron or PJ Omega, do you want to play a match anyways? I'd like to test out my deck. Thursday night would work best for me but other nights might work

You on IRC? Thursday is actually the best day for me anyway, so that's a good time for me to finish my deck by

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ramos posted:

Lancelot, I'll be around on IRC during evenings from Wednesday forward. If any time particularly suits you, just let me know.

I'm in the UK so I'm not sure what times overlap well — perhaps the weekend if that works?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Archenteron posted:

You on IRC? Thursday is actually the best day for me anyway, so that's a good time for me to finish my deck by

Sounds good.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lancelot posted:

I'm in the UK so I'm not sure what times overlap well — perhaps the weekend if that works?

Friday I should be available at 3:00 PM EST and Saturday all day. I can't say anything about Sunday at the moment since the person I'm supposed to be meeting that day can't seem to settle on a time.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 3, 2015

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Irony be my Shield, get in touch with me, my schedule is pretty open this week. I'll be hanging out in IRC or you can PM me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Defeatist Elitist posted:

No problem, I'm not super available today or tomorrow anyway.
I'll start hanging around on IRC tonight. I'm only free after about 9pm Mountain Wed-Fri though, so that's a bit rough if you're on the East coast.

If you want to play earlier, then the weekend is our best bet.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

odiv posted:

I'll start hanging around on IRC tonight. I'm only free after about 9pm Mountain Wed-Fri though, so that's a bit rough if you're on the East coast.

If you want to play earlier, then the weekend is our best bet.

I'm on the West Coast, so it's PST for me, we should be all good.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sigma-X posted:

oh and chamale I'm available pretty much whenever thanks to being one of 40 people laid off on the 20th, so let me know what's good for you!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I went to the irc channel in the OP and there's nobody there. is something wrong?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Looks like Sigma got it wrong. It should be irc.synirc.net as the server and #mtgoon for room.

Also, Lancelot, as mentioned, I'm good for Friday and Saturday.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Ramos posted:

Looks like Sigma got it wrong. It should be irc.synirc.net as the server and #mtgoon for room.

Also, Lancelot, as mentioned, I'm good for Friday and Saturday.

Is this why I've been idling in an empty room for hours?

Wait, this is what the webclient directs to. Now I'm confused. Oh, mtgoon vs mtgoons

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 4, 2015

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

For the record if it's during the day in North America and you're in a room with no one talking instead of inane jokes and random conversations, you're in the wrong room.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Defeatist Elitist posted:

I'm on the West Coast, so it's PST for me, we should be all good.
I think I saw you around 7pm-ish Wednesday, but by the time I checked back in around 9, you weren't there. Hung out yesterday too and didn't see you in there. Probably won't be able to play until late tonight, but I'll try to check in, anyway.

Edit: yeah, won't be able to play tonight, anyway.

odiv fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 5, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sigma-X posted:

oh and chamale I'm available pretty much whenever thanks to being one of 40 people laid off on the 20th, so let me know what's good for you!

Sorry for being terrible and not checking this thread. I'm available Saturday anytime after 1:00 Mountain Time, or Sunday morning, or Sunday evening after 5:00. What's good for you?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

When are we posting lists?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Pussy Snorkel posted:

When are we posting lists?

After round one, which should be done by Monday. Irony and I have yet to play, because real life.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Chamale posted:

Sorry for being terrible and not checking this thread. I'm available Saturday anytime after 1:00 Mountain Time, or Sunday morning, or Sunday evening after 5:00. What's good for you?

I should be able to do sunday morning, I might be around saturday at that time too.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Yeah, drop me from this, sorry.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sorry, have been called into work last minute and won't have time to play my first round or actually make a deck out of my sketches. Drop me from this please, and give Ramos the win.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

And so begins my steady ascent to victory by way of defaults once more!

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

odiv posted:

I think I saw you around 7pm-ish Wednesday, but by the time I checked back in around 9, you weren't there. Hung out yesterday too and didn't see you in there. Probably won't be able to play until late tonight, but I'll try to check in, anyway.

Edit: yeah, won't be able to play tonight, anyway.

I've been hit by a string of bad weather, so my power was out for a while and my internet connection was very poor after. I'm also away on family business tonight, but should be able to do Sunday evening if that works for you?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Cool, yeah, Sunday night works.

Does your deck work in xmage?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sigma-X posted:

I should be able to do sunday morning, I might be around saturday at that time too.

Chamale, I can either do after 5:00pm mountain time, or 9:00am california time (10:00am mountain time?) I'll be on irc at 9 for a while and then after 5:00.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sigma-X posted:

Chamale, I can either do after 5:00pm mountain time, or 9:00am california time (10:00am mountain time?) I'll be on irc at 9 for a while and then after 5:00.

I'm up late, I'll do my best to be available at 10:00 mountain time. If not, I get home a little after 5:00.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sigma-X, I'm hanging out in the IRC, I'll watch for you to sign in.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Chamale crushed me 2-0.

important notice - xMage does not handle cascade and split cards correctly. If you are trying to abuse this interaction like I am, you'll want to play on Cockatrice

We didn't discover this until I was funsies cascading while dead on board so it was irrelevant, but wanted to give people a heads up.

Also, always play more trygon predators.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sigma-X posted:

Also, always play more trygon predators.

The Best Advice. Are we going to post decklists now?

edit: Oh, we weren't the last ones.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 6, 2015

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

odiv posted:

Cool, yeah, Sunday night works.

Does your deck work in xmage?

My preferred deck does work fine, though I had a cascade deck with split cards in it that I decided against.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

How does it behave on XMage?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Procrastinator posted:

How does it behave on XMage?

It counts the combined CMC of a split card, instead of checking if either half is low enough to cascade into. So it'll typically just skip the card and keep cascading.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

It might also make sense for us to post the time zones that we live/work in, so we have an idea of what time someone will be active. Turns out that IBMS was available in the evenings, but he's like 7 hours ahead of me and that makes a difference.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I beat Irony Be My Shield 2-0 because I'm whitelisted or something and he couldn't draw red sources game two.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also because my manabase sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Is that everyone for round 1 or are we still missing people?

• Locked thread