Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Chamale posted:

Someone polled a bunch of pros what the best first pick for a rotisserie draft of all of Magic would be. Sol Ring was first, followed by Black Lotus and Ancestral Recall.

A couple of the early decks I threw together in this format were general goodstuff decks that were almost completely full of cheap, multicolor value creatures (1 or fewer generic mana in the casting cost), and it was still right to just run 4x sol ring (admittedly the signets make that a much more supportable thing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Anytime weekdays after 6-7pm EST. I'm available now if you are!
Sorry, work has been annoying so I haven't felt like playing. I'm available now if you happen to be on, otherwise sometime Saturday works.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Despite the fog and mist, I beat muon 2-0 in a grueling display of giving myself arthritis by clicking.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Despite the fog and mist, I beat muon 2-0 in a grueling display of giving myself arthritis by clicking.
I looked at the game clocks and felt a little bad for you. Oh well, you won!

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

muon posted:

I looked at the game clocks and felt a little bad for you. Oh well, you won!

Honestly it's the program. It got a little laggy. I'd much rather play on MODO, but I can understand why others wouldn't. :10bux:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-0 in favor of Odiv.

Man, gently caress Goblin Welder. Granted, both of those games I could have played a ton better.

Game 1 I decided to keep a hand of four Vandalblasts only to realize that Wurmcoil laughs at that. Never drew into any reanimator targets to pitch. Game 2 I had a reasonable hand but no Vandalblasts and as such got steamrolled. Then Goblin Welders just made a total fool of me.

Probably the right play Game 1 would have been to mulligan. Game 2 would have been to keep Overseer of the Damned instead of my own Wurmcoil Engines and used that to kill both the Welders and Daretti before working on the wurms.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 13, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, the Vandalblasts weren't as bad as I was expecting, but I think I just got lucky in having Daretti or a Welder out at the right time and then also drawing my Darksteel Citadels so my mana wasn't completely demolished.

Also drawing the 1 sb Crypt early was pretty lucky, but it wasn't clear to me if you had any reanimate or not. Probably should have used it earlier to prevent you flashing back a Looting, but that's a tough call.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I did and I was trying to jockey for a position to reanimate that last Wurmcoil you had so you couldn't abuse that so much. But you know, Goblin Welders.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Sigma-X posted:

Round 2:

elvy vs suicidesteve

Please post your decklists in the thread!

So uh.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

Ramos posted:

2-0 in favor of Odiv.

Man, gently caress Goblin Welder. Granted, both of those games I could have played a ton better.

Game 1 I decided to keep a hand of four Vandalblasts only to realize that Wurmcoil laughs at that. Never drew into any reanimator targets to pitch. Game 2 I had a reasonable hand but no Vandalblasts and as such got steamrolled. Then Goblin Welders just made a total fool of me.

Probably the right play Game 1 would have been to mulligan. Game 2 would have been to keep Overseer of the Damned instead of my own Wurmcoil Engines and used that to kill both the Welders and Daretti before working on the wurms.

Real talk, Wurmcoil engine is the bane of my existence. Welder makes it even worse.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey IBMS I'm available all of sunday, sorry i got busy this week with the girlfriend's family.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
IBMS takes me down 2-1

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
So I'm still waiting on the Ramos / Odiv match and the Elyv and Suicidesteve match. I know it's busy times - please check in ASAP. I'll give you guys til end of tuesday.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

So I'm still waiting on the Ramos / Odiv match and the Elyv and Suicidesteve match. I know it's busy times - please check in ASAP. I'll give you guys til end of tuesday.

Looks like Odiv beat Ramos 2-0 according to this.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I can't loving read. We're still waiting on the steve/elyv game though, right? Hurry it up guys or I'm letting Steve take the win because he posted last.

e: also go to bed it's 4:30am in california there is no reason for you to be awake at this time unless you're in a country where they don't speak english or spell color with superfluous 'u's

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

I can't loving read. We're still waiting on the steve/elyv game though, right? Hurry it up guys or I'm letting Steve take the win because he posted last.

e: also go to bed it's 4:30am in california there is no reason for you to be awake at this time unless you're in a country where they don't speak english or spell color with superfluous 'u's

It's 5:30 here, I should be going to bed, and IBMS is definitely somewhere across the Atlantic. Roughly GMT I think.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Olothreutes posted:

It's 5:30 here, I should be going to bed, and IBMS is definitely somewhere across the Atlantic. Roughly GMT I think.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

tbh the extra 'u's thing is a sort of identity crisis, because on one hand getting rid of them just makes so much sense and is one of america's greatest contributions to the world, but on the other hand everybody around me uses them like some weird patriotic gesture so I kind of get used to it and start inserting them automatically.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

According to the seen command, Elyv has not appeared in irc for over a week. He/she has posted in the last two days. Maybe send a PM?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

According to the seen command, Elyv has not appeared in irc for over a week. He/she has posted in the last two days. Maybe send a PM?

He randomly sent me something on twitch saying he was busy but he didn't say if he was dropping out or what, so I don't know

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I'm giving Elyv the loss and moving onto the next round. We'd have a bye if I dropped him so I'm keeping him in the round for the moment, he's in the 0-2 bracket anyways.

ROUND THREE PAIRINGS:

RAMOS vs SUICIDESTEVE
DEFEATEST ELITIST vs IRONY BE MY SHIELD
LITTLE MUNCHKIN vs OLOTHREUTES
MUON vs CHAMALE
PUSSY SNORKEL vs ODIV
SIGMA-X vs ELYV

we'll run this round until eod next tuesday the 22nd or until everyone except ELYV has checked in, at which point we'll drop him from the tournament.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Whelp, I'll be sitting around on IRC. I won't be available on Friday or Saturday though due to traveling for Christmas.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Whelp, I'll be sitting around on IRC. I won't be available on Friday or Saturday though due to traveling for Christmas.

Yeah this is a bad week for me. Like, I don't know if I'll be able to play before next Sunday. Maybe tonight or tomorrow night.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
If we need to extend the round time we can, but with next week being christmas I'd rather try to cram a round in this week and have the 4th round run two weeks to account for holidays / travel / etc.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'll be hanging around in IRC, Little Munchkin.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

0/2, this format is stupid, I'm out.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-0 in my favor.

Thraximundar, yeeeeeeeeeeeeah. :rock:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Olothreutes posted:

I'll be hanging around in IRC, Little Munchkin.

thursday or sunday night are the only good days for me. either of those work for you? pick a time

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

IBMS, I'll be available some mix of evenings and days for the next week or so. I have an irregular work schedule, but am also expecting to do a bit of travelling to meet with someone. I'll try to be on IRC whenever I'm available.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

little munchkin posted:

thursday or sunday night are the only good days for me. either of those work for you? pick a time

Either of those days are good for me, I'm in mountain time, I'll chill in the IRC channel when I'm around. If one of them works better for you let me know. I'm on break from school so my schedule is basically empty of things that have actual times on them.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm going to be away for like 3 weeks so I drop. Muon, you win. But if you'd like to meet up sometime Friday or Saturday day (Mountain time) to play for fun, let me know.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

All right, Pussy Snorkel. I've had an annoying week with no time at night, but I should be free sometime this weekend.

I'll probably be free late tonight (11pm Eastern and later). Or would sometime Saturday/Sunday work?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

odiv posted:

All right, Pussy Snorkel. I've had an annoying week with no time at night, but I should be free sometime this weekend.

I'll probably be free late tonight (11pm Eastern and later). Or would sometime Saturday/Sunday work?

I will probably be available tonight after Star Wars, and if not, I'll be available Saturday night after Star Wars or Sunday after Star Wars.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

Well, my computer is hosed right now, if all goes well it will be fixed before long, but if we run up to the deadline before then, just have me concede to IBMS.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

I got there 2-0 vs odiv. He kept drawing lands. :(

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yep, 0-2 for me.

Drew a Vandalblast to hold him off for a turn, but yeah, land after land really hurts in a format as fast as this.

Where was my faithless looting? Or Daretti? Starting to think I shouldn't have swapped blue out for white because then I'd have thirst at least. Then again, I didn't really draw that much removal either. Ah well, ggs! I'm enjoying these weird decks.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Little Munchkin, I'm idling in the channel. I hope your deck works in Xmage because I don't have cockatrice.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I beat Little Munchkin 2-1, he timed out staring down a lethal TNN.

Game one he played the goblin welder value plan, destroyed me. Games two and three I draw a lot more removal and things go my way. Game three he drew probably 30 cards just to find a single vandalblast.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Olothreutes posted:

I beat Little Munchkin 2-1, he timed out staring down a lethal TNN.

Game one he played the goblin welder value plan, destroyed me. Games two and three I draw a lot more removal and things go my way. Game three he drew probably 30 cards just to find a single vandalblast.

And then I only had 4 mana and couldn't overload it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

Well by some incredible feat of necromancy I've restored my computer to mostly working condition. If you're doing nothing at all on Christmas Eve, IBMS, I'll try to be in IRC, but don't sweat it (obviously).

• Locked thread