Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sign me up. Time to watch the meta evolve into shops and anti-shops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Just make a limited game. There's no limits on that besides needing at least a forty card deck. I was able to make a table with a deck of 41 sol rings.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It didn't eat a post entirely, technically, it just doesn't show up at the bottom of the page at times until someone else makes a post.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oy Sigma, got any dates or whatever planned for this?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lancelot, I'll be around on IRC during evenings from Wednesday forward. If any time particularly suits you, just let me know.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lancelot posted:

I'm in the UK so I'm not sure what times overlap well — perhaps the weekend if that works?

Friday I should be available at 3:00 PM EST and Saturday all day. I can't say anything about Sunday at the moment since the person I'm supposed to be meeting that day can't seem to settle on a time.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 3, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Looks like Sigma got it wrong. It should be irc.synirc.net as the server and #mtgoon for room.

Also, Lancelot, as mentioned, I'm good for Friday and Saturday.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

And so begins my steady ascent to victory by way of defaults once more!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Is that everyone for round 1 or are we still missing people?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Deck: Reanimator

//Main
4 Sol Ring
3 Dragon Breath
4 Reanimate
2 Diabolic Servitude
4 Faithless Looting
2 Windfall
4 Bladewing the Risen
3 Bogardan Hellkite
3 Scourge of the Throne
3 Magister of Worth
4 Crumbling Necropolis
2 Terramorphic Expanse
5 Swamp
5 Mountain
4 Island
2 Dack Fayden
4 Vandalblast
2 Preordain

//Sideboard
4 Thraximundar
4 Wurmcoil Engine
3 Overseer of the Damned
1 Magister of Worth
3 Lightning Greaves

Surprisingly enough, green has poo poo all for a top end. There was like one worthwhile card and it got pushed out.

Also, odiv, what times are you available? I can only play on Cockatrice due to cards missing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

little munchkin posted:

Basically I'm hoping that I correctly identified Vandalblast as the best card in the format and that nobody else did.

Four main board. :smug:

In all honesty, I'd say Sol Ring is the best card in the format because you need it for that overloaded Vandalblast and to do your own broken stuff as well as it being often priority number one to kill. Also, everyone has 4 Sol Rings so far.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

odiv posted:

I'm free after about 8pm pacific weekdays, so if you want to play earlier, we'll have to wait until the weekend. I'll download Cockatrice tonight and see if I can figure it out.

I'll post my deck this evening too, but it's Boros Robots. I had a deck similar to little munchkin's, but then I panicked because I had poo poo for removal and traded blue out for white. I lost Dack in the trade, so maybe it wasn't worth it. I also spent less time looking for synergistic artifact creatures, so I just have some dumb/obvious ones.

It'll probably have to wait until the weekend then since by 8PM Pacific, I have to be asleep. I should be open on Friday after 6:30PM EST, Saturday evening, and Sunday evening.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Defeatist Elitist posted:

Enjoy a deck that almost certainly should contain golgari signets:

Deck: Reanimator Midrange

Cool, I was trying to figure out how to do golgari reanimator but couldn't figure out a good build and ended up on Grixis instead. I really like this deck, it has a lot of early game and grind potential.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Right, I guess I should post what I had made as well since a couple people were asking during my ramblings in mtgoon.

The kill condition for this deck was to drop Sylvan Safekeeper, Titania, and dump Anger in your graveyard. You would do that via ramping and killing all of your dudes into more gas via skullclamp. I think this definitely could have been a thing if I had more time to work on it, but as is, it kind of petered out too easily. I probably should have just gone for more land fetchers and dropped the number of actual win cons down by a lot.

Deck: Titania Combo

//Main
3 Titania, Protector of Argoth
3 Sylvan Safekeeper
4 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Wrath of God
2 Sol Ring
4 Skullclamp
4 Faithless Looting
3 Vandalblast
7 Forest
3 Plains
3 Mountain
2 Anger
3 Veteran Explorer
2 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Viridian Emissary
2 Solemn Simulacrum

Display deck statistics

This deck exists purely because of Boros Charm and Lightning Helix. I went ahead and tried to put together the best burn deck I could, figuring a lot of people would be busy fumbling over themselves trying to do something cheat-y. However, upon review, I realized everyone and their grandma would probably be running robots and this deck would just fall over against that.

Deck: R/W Aggro

//Main
4 Goblin Cadets
2 Mother of Runes
4 Skullclamp
4 Cerodon Yearling
3 Torch Fiend
4 Boros Charm
4 Lightning Helix
3 Sulfuric Vortex
2 Reckless Charge
2 Fiery Confluence
4 Terramorphic Expanse
9 Mountain
7 Plains
3 Hissing Iguanar
3 Boros Swiftblade
2 Duergar Hedge-Mage

//Sideboard
2 Hallowed Spiritkeeper
2 Goblin Bombardment
2 Act of Aggression
2 Containment Priest
4 Vandalblast
3 Epochrasite

Display deck statistics

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-0 in favor of Odiv.

Man, gently caress Goblin Welder. Granted, both of those games I could have played a ton better.

Game 1 I decided to keep a hand of four Vandalblasts only to realize that Wurmcoil laughs at that. Never drew into any reanimator targets to pitch. Game 2 I had a reasonable hand but no Vandalblasts and as such got steamrolled. Then Goblin Welders just made a total fool of me.

Probably the right play Game 1 would have been to mulligan. Game 2 would have been to keep Overseer of the Damned instead of my own Wurmcoil Engines and used that to kill both the Welders and Daretti before working on the wurms.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 13, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I did and I was trying to jockey for a position to reanimate that last Wurmcoil you had so you couldn't abuse that so much. But you know, Goblin Welders.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

According to the seen command, Elyv has not appeared in irc for over a week. He/she has posted in the last two days. Maybe send a PM?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Whelp, I'll be sitting around on IRC. I won't be available on Friday or Saturday though due to traveling for Christmas.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-0 in my favor.

Thraximundar, yeeeeeeeeeeeeah. :rock:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So is this dead then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh right. Well, I'll concede to IBMS if he remembers to show up in the topic. Otherwise, up to Sigma, I suppose.

• Locked thread