Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I had the bright red one, too. My great shame is that I had to buy a slightly off-color battery cover to replace the one I lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I lost my gameboy for almost 3 years and then found it in the back of my Grandpa's van. Still had my old save in Pokemon Silver

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bet my GBC/GBA are still hanging out somewhere at my parents' house

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Not a Children posted:

I had the bright red one, too. My great shame is that I had to buy a slightly off-color battery cover to replace the one I lost
this is actually a friend's red gb i borrowed, my old grey brick seems to have been murdered by the batteries that were left in it or something :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I bet my GBC/GBA are still hanging out somewhere at my parents' house

My GBC is in my closet with Pokemon Yellow still in it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't find my GBA SP though :rant:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
My psp is in my... oops sorry there

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never had an SP, just the original transparent purple GBA with no backlight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thanks, it's my old pre-Halloween one. My new Christmas av should be up soon.

dude that rules hahaha

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I just found my old copy of Pokemon Yellow at my parents' house

I re-hid it because I will never unlock the surfing Pikachu

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
i always thought my pokemon edition gbc would be worth money some day when i was younger for some reason but im still glad i took care of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I never had an SP, just the original transparent purple GBA with no backlight

SP is godlike.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

SP is godlike.

The SP is one of the best handheld systems ever.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
If you count all of the ports of NES games and SNES games the GBA has one of the best gaming librarys of all time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Austrian mook posted:

If you count all of the ports of NES games and SNES games the GBA has one of the best gaming librarys of all time.
If you just count exclusive games the GBA has one of the best gaming libraries of all time.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pablo Gigante posted:

If you just count exclusive games the GBA has one of the best gaming libraries of all time.

Ya, that too.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I still to this day play Advance Wars 2 once a week at work.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

I lost my gameboy for almost 3 years and then found it in the back of my Grandpa's van. Still had my old save in Pokemon Silver

this happened to me but it was a memory card with my first mgs playthrough where i got stuck on rex. id already beat it by then but when i found it i beat it again just because.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I remember beating the final boss in the second Golden Sun game on a road trip and my batteries dying before i finished the hour and a half of ending cutscenes with no ability to save.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The SP and its spiritual successor the DS Lite are both extremely my poo poo

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

Next year my project is going to be getting a dreamcast and playing Shenmue and a bunch of pirated crap.

Dreamcast is amazing.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the game boy advance sp is the only handheld i ever lost. it fell out of my pocket at school. i hope whoever found it enjoyed it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont know what happened to my original brick game boy

maybe i sold it, i dont know, it bothers me i dont know

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had a gameboy advance with link to the past and DBZ 2 on it, some stupid rear end in a top hat at school stole it out of my bag and i got grounded for like 3 months

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just flashed back to getting made fun of by the neighboring middle school kids for walking around with my original DS stuffed in my pocket. Jesus Christ.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The fact that the DS plays the entire DS, GBA and Game boy library probably makes it the best console of all time.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I liked the old fat DS more than the lite one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Plus it was way louder. That thing was a really good alarm clock.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I had 3 DS lites break on me. Those things were flimsy as poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I liked the old fat DS more than the lite one.
Me too. It was more comfortable to hold.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i went from fat ds to 3ds

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The DSi and DS Lite were so sexy. I love my Ninty toys :D

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

The fact that the DS plays the entire DS, GBA and Game boy library probably makes it the best console of all time.

i forgot about these facts somehow... you could do transfer from GBA pokemon game to ones on DS as well right?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

crunk dork posted:

i forgot about these facts somehow... you could do transfer from GBA pokemon game to ones on DS as well right?

Yeah, you could. I have all my old pokemon I had on Ruby when I was a kid on my Alpha Sapphire cartridge. It feels good.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Still keep my Super Nintendo hooked up to play the old classics, still the best console of all time if you ask me.

I even have an Earthbound cartridge. :smug:

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah, you could. I have all my old pokemon I had on Ruby when I was a kid on my Alpha Sapphire cartridge. It feels good.

i thought so, i never gave enough of a poo poo to carry pokmeon from my sapphire cart to diamond but that ability blew my loving MIND at 15 years old

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

People are making third party SNES controllers now so I no longer fear my old ones breaking like that guy's glasses in that one Twilight Zone episode.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

elf help book posted:

i went from fat ds to 3ds

same, loved my fat ds

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

i had pretty much my entire gba library stolen by shithead movers when we moved overseas. ive slowly been buying everything back over the years but it's still annoying when i remember waht happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

farsel posted:

i had pretty much my entire gba library stolen by shithead movers when we moved overseas. ive slowly been buying everything back over the years but it's still annoying when i remember waht happened

buying gba poo poo must really suck cuz of the amount of fake lovely carts