Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008

Cuntpunch posted:

I haven't yet seen anyone really read that as anything other than "a million meetings, both scheduled and ad hoc, are great because INTERACTING!"
and also we are introducing these 5 new tools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008

Antti posted:

Well there's actually one test case where you need to physically print out a document and the lines need to be just right.

Run it through ghostscript and compare the output to a reference image

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Is this a thing that actually happens or am I better off not knowing and being able to sleep peacefully?

It's something to deal with if you're sending software into a radioactive environment.

Earth's surface is radioactive to some degree-- "Studies by IBM in the 1990s suggest that computers typically experience about one cosmic-ray-induced error per 256 megabytes of RAM per month." (source)

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008
Many people don't realize you can open Github PRs to any branch, including other open PRs. You can change the base branch any time.

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008

Portland Sucks posted:

Today I ran across a wild "return -60". "Why -60?" I asked. "It just needed to be less than 0 and I figured this would be less confusing than -1 for the next person who came along."

I think he meant that the number -60 being smaller than -1 would make it more obvious that it was a failure than just old regular -1.

I thought exit codes are in the range [0,255]?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008

Volmarias posted:

I'm not sure I want to know how imports could cause terrible PRs.

It's like when a PR changes 1 line of code and 2000 lines of whitespace