Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
How are you using Selenium nowadays? I used the IDE last year to quickly make a test.

With the Firefox plugin changes, the IDE is now no longer available. Do you keep an old version around, or are there better ways? (Dotnet, preferably)

Turambar fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Sagacity posted:

The nemesis whose only weakness is the "Optimize imports before committing" checkbox in IntelliJ!

And then I hate you for "optimizing" away System.Linq and System.Collections.Generic, because the functionality is not used yet in the new class (but will be as soon as the actual implementation starts)

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

prom candy posted:

Does anyone have dead simple flow charting software (web based ideally) they like to use? I just want to draw out our new complicated onboarding flow and share it with my team

I've become a fan of PlantUML. Layout is mostly out of your control, so you can focus on getting the work done instead of making sure every line is straight and cursing when you need to find room for a new object.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE posted:

Got yelled at by the boss+1 for leaving a corporate awards day at 5pm on a Friday. The "expectation" was to stay overnight at the venue, 2 hours drive away. This is hot on the heels of a move to a single floor open office. Company culture!!!!

Wasn't the hotel room they got you to your liking?

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
We're all working from home nowaday.
Today, each one of us got a bottle of beer or wine in the mail (for me a 0,75 tripel beer)
A letter was attached containing Zoom meeting details.
We had a virtual vrijmibo. (Dutch informal drinking gathering at the end of the week)

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
If you work major overtime and stress yourself out to finish the job in time, the takeaway from the manager will be:

"I did an awesome job, and I should learn zero lessons from this whatsoever"

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think
“I know, I'll use regular expressions.” Now they have two problems.

"I know, I'll write my own regular expressions parser!" Now they have three problems.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
After an absence of 6 months, it's probably your fault (somehow)

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
They'll have incredible new ideas like "hard copy code review with Elon Musk"

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1586127052767318016?s=20&t=7uhwoaz9C2Iad9lQL7QgBg

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

shame on an IGA posted:

they tried but Ada Lovelace had never checked anything in to the repo

Well, she did make a pull request:

https://twitter.com/ninabegus/status/1574434557973012480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I could help by providing 20+ years of crappy code.