Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

My work claims to the death we are agile despite me even giving all our management a presentation over what agile is and how we are not and what we can do to work towards it. We still require the business to give all requirements at the start, refuse to talk to them to clarify anything, only ever do one release of a product, and testing is still only at the end.

We are also trying to force Salesforce to work for everything, including letting the business make their own web apps. To everyone who isn't an idiot's shock, it sucks rear end at doing all of that but they refuse to move on and do real work. Sunk cost fallacy is a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mostly everything I've learned here is state government sucks, and I watch as we waste a few million of tax money every time on a software we use for 4 weeks, abandon it, and then keep paying the license for a year. Good thing they pay for all my training through citizen tax dollars that I can then use to leave state government work.

It just bothers me to see so many tax dollars get thrown in the trash. When a company wants to waste its profits, that's fine to me, but idiots keep raising my taxes so they can throw more of it in the trash.

e: They also love security software that doesn't do poo poo, and refuses to believe it was our fault. When you have a 10% cryptowall infection rate, it stopped being the users faults a long time ago. I wonder how much personal information has been leaked to attacks, since SSNs are basically never encrypted and we don't actually look if a system has ever been compromised. I'll just be over here doing more dumb poo poo in Salesforce while they ignore me some more.

I enjoy talking to my friends about it though, since every time I tell them about a system their response is always along the lines of "yea, someone would have gotten fired for that poo poo here".

Drythe fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 11, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Agile means having me cancel my time off and work overtime to get a project done in a week because I'm the only one who knows how to make anything in Salesforce.

The project that we haven't even heard of until yesterday. God it must be nice being able to get a job by sucking Kasich's dick.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yesssssss

It finally happened guys

My bosses just made a new process for accepting applications. It starts with the users have to define and make a completely clear set of requirements at the start. Then three people need to sign off on these requirements. Then the project gets 'architechted' by my boss. Then we develop it and pass it to the user to test at the end and have them sign off on the testing. If the requirements change at any point we send them back to the beginning to do it all over again.

We call this magical new process "Agile"

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

There's a meeting to discuss the idea of a new app, one for the requirements, one for agreement of the requirements, one for the design, one for assigning it to the developer, one for the implementation strategy, one for giving it to them to test, and I'm sure there's a few I forgot.

I asked what happens when users don't know what they want at the start and was told "we are working towards getting them there" :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

We have shifted our stand ups to discussing video games with very little work talk.