Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might play the Mad Max game tonight since I dunno, I been kind of in that mood plus I've heard the game looks pretty epic, on a nice rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Somebody else posted about Boxboy and I fired it up since the last time I played was at launch and I remember getting stuck on one level in the last world and put it down to finish later and forgot. Well I played for 5 minutes and immediately saw the solution and finished it. Gotta love that feeling

how long is it

also hell yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

how long is it

also hell yeah

Fairly robust. Its like 250+ levels I think. I could be miscountinf

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im up to world 9 and its still introducing new stuff, cool game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

im up to world 9 and its still introducing new stuff, cool game

The last few world's are really tricky, and then you beat it and it unlocks like 8 more worlds that are all harder. It's cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its good theres plenty of checkpoints and no punishment for restarting and trying different things, makes solving puzzles fun and never frustrating

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

box boy owns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If Lovely Planet is still on sale folks should play it, IMO.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

In Training posted:

Fairly robust. Its like 250+ levels I think. I could be miscountinf

jesus christ. i've gotten through like 100 levels and thought i was close to being done.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wormskull posted:

I'm batshit insane and buying the potential to have fun with something I watched other people play for 30 minutes or so is enough to sooth the pain in my wallet.

steam is a sickness

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

i keep considering buying shadowrun but i assume i wont like it

i liked it, but i feel i should qualify that by saying i played it during an extreme gaming drought. not sure it holds up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If Lovely Planet is still on sale folks should play it, IMO.

Ooooh thank you. Meant to play this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

yea i had the same problem. it's a little impenetrable. it's obviously a labor of love and im sure it's a wet dream for people who are really into games like that but i was overwhelmed by everything going on in it and put it down
I like games like that and Pillars is just criminally boring. It has so many systems and classes and walls of text and they're all so... beige

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i liked it, but i feel i should qualify that by saying i played it during an extreme gaming drought. not sure it holds up
nah Dragonfall is still really good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Added the Target girl to my friends list and she's talking to me about Metal Gear now. I don't know anything about Metal Gear.

holy poo poo

Dec 26, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

original is iffy, dragonfall/hong kong are good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This topic will be locked at the end of the weekend. Please post any last minute deals

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just bought Boxboy, it's really fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe I'll as well.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

This topic will be locked at the end of the weekend. Please post any last minute deals

There might be cyber Monday deals. Don't be hasty.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have monday off so it counts as the weekend. Don't worry, Lunchmeat Larry.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

melee is really good actually

Do I have to invest a lot of points before it becomes good?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Maybe I'll as well.

It's only $3! Please buy Boxboy, everyone.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's only $3! Please buy Boxboy, everyone.

I bought it. (The game, Boxboy.)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I don't have a DS. Nvm.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Box Boy is like five bucks normally and it's worth every penny. There's like 9000 levels and it's got none of the usual puzzle game frustrating bullshit. Buy it.

AusteriDad
Jan 19, 2011

FDR
SAVIOR
OF
CAPITALISM
Is Dynasty Warriors 8 good? It's down to $20 on Steam, but I haven't played a Warriors game before.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Just want to let everyone know that WATCH_DOGS_ is on sale for $15.99(really?) today, which is 60 flippin % off the regular price. Great chance to pick it up if for some insane reason you don't have it already.(hell yes!!)

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

zen death robot posted:

It's totally not worth it

:wth:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Plutonis also renames his steam games like "A PIRATED copy of the Witcher 3" and it's like. That don't impress me much.

That was the only game i renamed

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I picked up Mad Max at the start of the sale and a bug near the end of a mission caused me to go into free roam without completing the mission and messed up the save function so I lost a few hours worth of side objectives/scrap gathering/challenges. Guess I'll just try this again next year...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
where did "black friday" come from and why does it seem like its happening every 2 months now. :P

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

where did "black friday" come from and why does it seem like its happening every 2 months now. :P

There's like 4 origin stories that everyone's US history teacher told them one of so you would probably have to google it...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mine said it was something about the stock market was finally going Into The Black or something like that after the depression and now companies sell all there crap at a slight markdown to go Into The Black as well for the end of the fiscal year... I think. Cant look it up right now since Vince McMahon just had Stone Cold Steve Austin arrested.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Black Friday is day after American thanksgiving but due to the Internet now everybody gets sales from every ody's weird regional sale days. Like the day in China where everybody buys themselves something on Amazon but only if you're depressed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
has anyone played lost labyrinths? i like turn based dungeon crawls, but i've gotten burned on them before.

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

Do I have to invest a lot of points before it becomes good?

not really, just make sure to either end your turn in cover or have one of the abilities that lets you not have to do that to not die a lot

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Black Friday is day after American thanksgiving but due to the Internet now everybody gets sales from every ody's weird regional sale days. Like the day in China where everybody buys themselves something on Amazon but only if you're depressed

Wormskull posted:

Mine said it was something about the stock market was finally going Into The Black or something like that after the depression and now companies sell all there crap at a slight markdown to go Into The Black as well for the end of the fiscal year... I think. Cant look it up right now since Vince McMahon just had Stone Cold Steve Austin arrested.

cool

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

I.N.R.I posted:

from wikipedia:

the day after thanksgiving people start christmas shopping. it happened so often businesses noticed a trend that companies started turning a profit ("going into the black"). then they made it into a pseudo-holiday to convince everyone to start shopping after thanksgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bought Downwell and Boxboy, and they're both really good

• Locked thread