Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
A Rogue character I made for a recently concluded D&D 5e game* was heavily based on the Harrier class from Iron Heroes.

That class was all about mobility - it'd gain a bonus to base movement speed as it leveled up, it had a bonus to AC against opportunity attacks, had a bonus to Tumble checks for movement, earned bonuses to attack rolls based on how far it moved before attacking, earned bonuses to AC based on how far it moved before attacking, and so on and so forth.

For the 5th Edition translation, I took Rogue levels so I could double-Dash for lots of movement speed and the Mobile feat so I had even more movement speed and could Disengage at will against any creature I had already hit. I also skipped the usual Rogue specialties of trapfinding/trap-disarming in favor of Athletics and Acrobatics.

There was also a bit of inspiration from the Harpy unit from the Heroes of Might and Magic 3 game: it was a melee attacker, but it wouldn't take retaliatory attacks and would always fly back to its original hex after making the melee attack, so it was in-practice a pseudo-ranged attacker.

The basic concept seemed to work well. I could jump in (from as far as 40 feet away!), make a quick strike, then hustle back out of range.

* P.d0t, I really don't mind that the game ended, I'm just tellin' a story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread