Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I attempted 24 bell pepper plants in southern Arizona last year, and was doing quite well, but ultimately had to nix the grow despite plants reaching about 2 and 2.5 feet tall and having many peppers on them.

Probably my biggest problem was not having enough room for roots to grow. Every one of the plants started to push up and out of the holes and then they would tip over and even snap a branch or two during a heavy storm. Second biggest problem was that there was too much heat/light on the peppers themselves, which created issues of the fruit, but the vegging of the plants was great! I really really really want to do indoor plants, but I don't want my electricity bill to double for a very lovely amount of gardening space. I have two extra 10x10 ft. tiled rooms that I want do it, but prices on LED lights aren't cheap enough yet to purchase. I'll give the outdoor hydroponic garden another go, I'll try to start planting seedlings outdoor by February.

Plants got a little taller than this, but this was the last image I took, I think.

PS. I hate leaf cutter bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I hate to say, those are probably not even worth $15. I bought a disturbing similar one also "made from China" and it wasn't even good enough for seedlings.

• Locked thread