Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I've been doing a thing that kinda sorta counts.

I built raised planters and used pond liner to keep the water from leaving, except via evaporation or metabolization. There are sumps involved so I can monitor the water levels and reuse/drain what collects. What collects is basically compost tea, so the plants do well with it getting recirculated. It's been working pretty well in that my tomato plants beat the crap out of everyone else's. Over winter I hope to build a hothouse over the whole thing which should extend the growing season by a month or so in each direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread