Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Salt brings out the flavors in food. If you don't use salt when you cook you're just a basic bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Salt is one of the most vital minarels the body needs to make life happen.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
op you're a retard who doesn't know how to use salt i guess. probably dont even salt your water when you make pasta smdh

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

clueless goon thinks they are correct?

this has never happened before

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
uh?

salt has been one of the most valuable resources in the world throughout all of human history

surely that is because billions of people over the millenia have all been wrong about it?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
go back to 1 AD and tell the romans their salt is worthless

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah i'm a goon and i don't know the first thing about _____ but let me tell you how i do _____ and about the way i do it being objectively the correct way

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

NecroMonster posted:

clueless goon thinks they are correct?

this has never happened before

it is pretty funny tho when they come stomping n here like they got the real "line in" on things and lo and behold declare their ignorance from a mountaintop

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

yeah i'm a goon and i don't know the first thing about _____ but let me tell you how i do _____ and about the way i do it being objectively the correct way

Goonsplaining

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
what is funny is when my grandparents slather all their food with black pepper because when you get old you can't taste things as well lol

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I love salt. Once my hippie vegan friend who practices traditional Chinese medicine told me that I am a "wood element" and "wood elements" crave salt and often have kidney issues. Ok, here is something else about me and salt:I save those little packets from Whataburger and put them in my pockets to eat for long runs. They are literally the only thing that keeps my stomach from churning on 10+ mile runs.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

op has made me see the light i think i'm going to try and make my next soup without any salt

in fact i'm going to leave out the onions and water too cause that's probably also bad

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
in the fifties they'd hand salt pills out like candy

end the salt witch hunt

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

AEMINAL posted:

in the fifties they'd hand salt pills out like candy

end the salt witch hunt

Later than the 50s. In the early 90s I worked in a lumber yard that made trusses for mobile homes, and the warehouses were like ovens so they had big jugs of salt pills by all the drinking fountains.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Uncle Salty posted:

I love salt. Once my hippie vegan friend who practices traditional Chinese medicine told me that I am a "wood element" and "wood elements" crave salt and often have kidney issues. Ok, here is something else about me and salt:I save those little packets from Whataburger and put them in my pockets to eat for long runs. They are literally the only thing that keeps my stomach from churning on 10+ mile runs.

put a magnesium tablet in your water you weirdo

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Shut the gently caress op. Small amounts of salt are used bring about the flavor of all the spices and poo poo. That's why you season with salt and pepper "to taste".

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

NecroMonster posted:

op has made me see the light i think i'm going to try and make my next soup without any salt

in fact i'm going to leave out the onions and water too cause that's probably also bad

Leave out all things that naturally contain salt like celery cause that's also bad. Thanks for the help op

Wondering if your lifestyle is as tasteless as your cooking

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Kind of reminds me of my mom who thinks sugar is the root cause of all that is bad so gets sugar free poo poo and ignores the fact that sugar free poo poo packs on the fat to compensate for the lack of flavor. And also she serves bread with all her smart meals to make up for the small portions.

She too, seasons nothing

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

RideTheSpiral posted:

put a magnesium tablet in your water you weirdo

Thanks, I will try this!!!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
After the revolution I'm sending my enemies here:

Detroit salt.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Germstore posted:

There's an episode of Kitchen Nightmares (UK) where a vegan 'chef' tells Ramsay that she doesn't cook with salt. He acts nonplussed for a few seconds and then throws pinches of salt at her.

thats some hardcore veganism if you wont even eat non-living minerals

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"You should never eat salt"

*has never exercised in he life*

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

You can buy MSG from the grocery store and just dump loads of that poo poo in your food it won't overpower it like too much salt will

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Commie NedFlanders posted:

You can buy MSG from the grocery store and just dump loads of that poo poo in your food it won't overpower it like too much salt will

you could also not over salt your food

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I don't really like salty food I prefer those salt free mixed seasoning things like garlic herb and cayenne

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

OP: I don't like salt, fuk u if u like salt

Half a dozen pages worth of posts: No gently caress u

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I don't really like salty food I prefer those salt free mixed seasoning things like garlic herb and cayenne

I always knew you were a degenerate.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Salt + fried potatoes = why the gently caress wouldn't you eat this you idiotic freak human being

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

salt is SO loving GOOD!!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im going to make chicken penne tonight

with EXTRA SALT

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Volume posted:

and honestly if you're just such a manchild that the thought of having to put something into your morning eggs other than salt just seems like climbing mount everest then at least get Mrs.Dash. Even that tastes better than your poo poo salt

haha

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

im going to make chicken penne tonight

with EXTRA SALT

now that's how it's done

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Rutibex posted:

thats some hardcore veganism if you wont even eat non-living minerals

i know a vegan that had a meltdown when she ate foccacia and she found out it had yeast in it cuz yeast is alive lmao

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
being a sophisticated chef, i fry everything in salted butter until it is sufficiently salty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I'm not reading anything in this thread, but as a professional cook my professional statement is as follows:

:siren:Get hosed op, you have no idea what you're talking about.:siren:

• Locked thread