Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Is it a glass sealed beam? Those windshield crack sealer kits work awesome on glass sealed beams. Makes the crack a lot less noticeable too. Look for the kind with the suction cups and plunger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
oh no poo poo? I'm gonna have to try that. its not a sealed beam, it uses a d1s HID bulb.

http://www.trailtech.net/lighting/hid/8in-race-light-hid/3832-ex-00

I'm not (or can afford) buying another.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Man, I could not deal with that traffic at all. That looks awful.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

love all the intersections full of cars that are sitting on top of the "keep intersection clear" markings on the ground

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

QuarkMartial posted:

Man, I could not deal with that traffic at all. That looks awful.

The more and more I hear about San Francisco the more it seems like a pretty hosed city.

I definitely don't have the balls to lane split, but that was awesome to watch.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Traffic doesnt bother me too much. :v:

David goes under the knife next week. they're gonna plate/screw/bolt most of his humerus.

I'm a cheap gently caress and gave refilling the fan clutch on the ford a go. appears to be the factory clutch too, and welp, it worked.

post doctors visit haul home on back roads. Took one of my local favorite routes home.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cursedshitbox posted:

David goes under the knife next week. they're gonna plate/screw/bolt most of his humerus.

That doesn't sound very funny at all. :v:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

cursedshitbox posted:

post doctors visit haul home on back roads. Took one of my local favorite routes home.

Oakville Grade?

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
That truck rules. It has a front porch AND a back deck!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Another good road, but no. Morgan territory rd

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

cursedshitbox posted:

Oh... east bay drivin'

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Oh... east bay drivin'

Hey moto gets around. that fat gently caress? not so much.

iForge posted:

That truck rules. It has a front porch AND a back deck!

hahaha riiight! I've never had a bumper that I can plant my size 11 shoe on and still have room left. not even a loving ARB is that big.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Surgery went fantastic. 11 hours at the hospital.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
gently caress yeah!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Great news, man!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nerve block has worn off.... he's now deep into misery land.

went to grab some supplies for him and welp.

Truck wants to be touched some more. fine.

Loaded a blunderbuss of rubber parts up and fired it at the loving engine. New belts and coolant hoses.
Now onto the alignment, and the rearend.

a precision cut stick + HF calipers. set for .7mm to in which translates to .039°. the spec is +/-.25°. whatever, I'm happy.

Now for the next set of truck issues. slip yoke seal leaks, diff side U joint is failing, annd I noticed the pinion nut was backing off. Common problem for the early 10.25 diffs.

old out

new in.

and now to the rearend. hahahaha. aahahahahaha. FML.

ere' buy this crush sleeve eliminator for a 9" and it'll fit right in AHAHAHAHA.
Bullshit.
4 motherfuckin' hours machining metal off of it to get it exact.

Oh yeah, got one of the 6 cameras installed.

CSB BONUS SHAFT:

:nms:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

He has my sympathy. The worst pain in my life was when the nerve block wore off after having a broken arm fixed. I had a friend get me a fist full of oxys and a bottle of whiskey, because gently caress dealing with that poo poo.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I've managed to piss in the face of fate and probability for the last 31 years and avoid any broken parts or major injuries but I imagine that pain signals flooding back to previously disabled receptors is no loving picnic.

CSB, take care of that dude and let him know that there's a bunch of Internet weirdos that hope he gets better sooner rather than later.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Fuckin' likewise. When the nerve block wore off after getting some screws in my leg, my wife told me I woke up moaning in pain. I suppose I'm lucky I don't remember that.

Give him my best.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
hokay so lots of not-bus poo poo going on. but this weekend I gotta prep this thing to move it next weekend so. :v:

First off. David was run over by a dieselgate passat.

this means the owner has been found. This is all the information I'm giving at this time.

Further more, in the post op today, it was found his fibula is fractured, but is healing ok at this point since he was laying flat for nearly a month straight. He also likely has a meniscus tear. He goes in for a MRI next week.

Other fun recent poo poo:

I fixed the horn/indicators and maybe the cruise on the ford.

Removed about 10lb of dirt from the switch. also note the column shaft is beat all to poo poo. its also more loose than my ex.

anyway, horn works. OH SO NICE TO HAVE. gently caress YES. No more screaming at morons.

Bike has been feeling the neglect so its been on a CSB Rape-a-thon.

Last weekend I pulled the forks for a revalve + subtanks. The valving has been fuckt since I first built the fucker and never really felt a burning desire to dig into it. Now that I'm on it for 2 hours a day I'm over it bottoming out and beating me to death on bots dots.

This rendered the bike oh-so-nice to ride.

Tuesday it rotted off a vacuum nipple leaving it fun to lanesplit with till I got around to fixing it.

yesterday I hit a loving nail in SF. an hour or so after that the work HF compressor goes pop, and then the lovely HF mini went pop.

Tires almost done anyway, moreso since I rode it the last few miles to work on wet roads going fuckiittttttttttt

and since I took today off to haul David to his Post-op I dropped into SF and grabbed the yellow rear end in a top hat.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

cursedshitbox posted:

this means the owner has been found. This is all the information I'm giving at this time.

Excellent news. I hope the cops throw the book at them for leaving the scene of an accident.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

this means the owner has been found.
GREAT loving NEWS!

quote:

Most hardcore vehicle combo award goes to...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

cursedshitbox posted:

Yeeeeees! Oh god my justice boner is so hard right now.

cursedshitbox posted:

...more loose than my ex.

:bigtran:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

meatpimp posted:

GREAT loving NEWS!

Most hardcore vehicle combo award goes to...

Seriously. If that combo can't get you there, nobody's getting there.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Glad they found the rear end in a top hat, hope the justice system and stuff works for you guys and he (or she) has to pay up either via insurance or wallet or both. Also, jail.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Why do VW owners always give the rest of us a bad name :(

I hope they ream the driver, I heard the cop's report was....less then stellar.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
and until it gets fixed, I'm staying quiet.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

and until it gets fixed, I'm staying quiet.

Naturally. Good luck.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

Nice! I do a variation of that road every few weeks from Tracy over to Concord. The back road is much easier than dealing with the 580/680 east bay traffic clusterfuck. I can go from Modesto to Concord on the back road in a little over an hour vs an hour and a half taking the bay area freeway systems.

Also, good to hear the other driver has been located and your dude is doing well! :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I could've told you that. http://seatsafetyswitch.com/post/146111205633/it-was-a-pretty-straightforward-job-offer

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
6mos up, park rules say get out, okay so out we go!

bus tires didnt loose any air, this is nice. it was 5 liters low on coolant though. stupid coolant pump. fucker fired right away. Brakes do need an adjustment like loving now, and theres some bullshit trolley valve air leak goin on in the dash. This gets fixed first thing tomorrow.

Loaded the bikes, davids bike sits almost vertical. it went napsy time and almost fell off the truck. I saved it by grabbing it by the skidplate.

Locked and loaded.

Parked on an exit not far from the park. another friend of ours happened to see us and insisted we go piss off his neighbors. sure why the hell not!

Not hearing anymore bitching about how people are unable to park little tiny shitboxes.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

cursedshitbox posted:

bullshit trolley valve air leak goin on in the dash. This gets fixed first thing tomorrow.

haha yeah about this guy. Let my canadian lumberjack of a friend drive it, after laughing balls off for 20 minutes watching an experience trucker getting his rear end kicked by a cranky old bus. He was trying to figure out why the clutch brake wasnt co-operating. a firm slam of the clutch, and BOOM. knocked two airlines out of two valves. turns out that little air leak was the lines getting caught by the clutch pedal as was pushed.

I don't have any photos, but some home depot ferrules and cutting a little nylon off the end corrected it, also made god drat sure to ziptie all that poo poo outta the way. I also have a working clutch brake again :kimchi:

brakes adjusted too! rears were all good. Front street side was in excess of DOT allowments, front curbside was tighter than all the rest. Found a little play in the draglink going from the steering box to the knuckle. Gonna bug Gillig about that on monday to see if they have one in a warehouse somewhere.

#justpothings.

this is the brake chamber for the street side rearmost axle. and yep, its missing a clip. I also am not a huge fan of none of these chambers having a washer behind the clip either.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
https://nh.craigslist.org/zip/5666729109.html

Free bus to good home. Shamelessly stolen from barnfinds.com.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
More ford projects!

Cruise delete
coffee can reloacted, I'm not sure I even need this...
Vacuum poo poo in general cleaned up
Wiring rats nest cleaned up
Rats nest itself removed.
all underhood insulation disposed of.

loving. Gross.

Sooo much space without the fender liners! I want to copy these in metal someday so that I can actually stand on em while I work on this pile.

I just wrapped each strand with tape then wrapped the loom. this fall after classes start I'm planning to scratch build a harness for it with proper gauge wiring, relays, and fuses.
Tons of PO fuckery also removed in the process. wtf dude...

Next round of repairs for this guy involves front shaft rebuild, real fuel filters, electric fuel pump, coolant filter + heatercore bypass.

also sneak peek

Huge honkin freightshaker panel mounted. also have a schematic handy now. :kimchi:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Had a little downtime recently so put it towards insulation and paint.
Before:

After:

Roof insulation 98% done. Rear camera mounted also. Likely mounting led lights next weekend... ran outta hardware and kept breaking poo poo. called it a day.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Skyjacker makes a lift for that beast? :haw:

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

kastein posted:

Skyjacker makes a lift for that beast? :haw:

Be still my heart...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
oh hey its minor update o clock.

bitchin' 20L stainless yacht waterheater that cuts the 190F water with cold to make a much much nicer shower. theres a heat exchanger for engine coolant, but thats gonna be used for other things coming soon.

onto lights! finally got the last two pods up and networked in.

These are independently switchable via any stupid device with a wifi connection.
"emergency" and or night driving lights. and or sexytimes lights. yeah gently caress you I have a reputation here, running with it

pod 4 is missing a red, because our second batch of redlamps are more orange than red.

annnd whitemode go! holy poo poo at the light batman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where is the bed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Where is the bed?

the folded white things on the left of the photo. the frame I designed will probably be built around early 2017.

• Locked thread